Thread: IRS paid bonuses to tax-delinquent employees, report says

IRS paid bonuses to tax-delinquent employees, report says

The Internal Revenue Service provided millions of dollars in bonuses to agency employees with “substantiated” conduct issues including nonpayment of taxes, according to a watchdog report released Tuesday.

The Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration said the IRS between October 2010 and December 2012 doled out more than $2.8 million to about 2,800 workers with recent conduct issues. That included more than $1 million in cash awards for roughly 1,100 employees with federal tax-compliance problems, the report said.

In 2011, about 3.6 percent of the government’s 3 million civilian employees owed back-taxes totaling more than $1 billion, according to IRS data.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...a-e32ad90da239

what a joke our goverment has become
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    It isn't "their" money they are handing out as bonuses. It is the net tax payers money from the private sector's money. Automatic pay raises based on time not performance. Look at the millions wasted while groups were partying at "conferences" at our expense.

What initiative do you have to do a good job. None.

Time to cut off the money supply.
    Democrats & Republicans Suck Alike.

The IRS is a prime example of a government agency that has run amok. It is time to reform this agency?
    Russia didn't make me vote for Trump, Hillary did.

"A" agency Mr Lackawanna, name one agency of Fedzilla that is not run amuck! Most of the agencies are not needed, the states can and do handle the issues. They exist as a business to make money for employees!
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

"fedzilla." frank learned a new word.

b.b.

That is uncle Ted's word I borrowed. It is not new to me. Seeing how well it fits in 2014 I shall use it going forward,
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Broughton View Post
    "A" agency Mr Lackawanna, name one agency of Fedzilla that is not run amuck! Most of the agencies are not needed, the states can and do handle the issues. They exist as a business to make money for employees!
    To keep my remarks in the context of this article. I was just using IRS agency as the amok government bureaucracy.
    There are many more that could be mentioned but that is the subject for another post.
    Russia didn't make me vote for Trump, Hillary did.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lackawanna View Post
    To keep my remarks in the context of this article. I was just using IRS agency as the amok government bureaucracy.
    There are many more that could be mentioned but that is the subject for another post.
    I know you know that, I was juts bringing it out further! You are one of the good guys on SU Mr L!

Quote Originally Posted by BorderBob View Post
    "fedzilla." frank learned a new word.
    Why don't you comment on the blatant FRAUD outlined in the story, nimrod.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by NY The Vampire State View Post
    Why don't you comment on the blatant FRAUD outlined in the story, nimrod.
    Groups of people won't do that. What groups will do is point to another group of people to justify what they are currently doing. You go back and listen to President Obama when we was first running. Quite a few things he was campaigning against he is currently doing. What is up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Groups of people won't do that. What groups will do is point to another group of people to justify what they are currently doing. You go back and listen to President Obama when we was first running. Quite a few things he was campaigning against he is currently doing. What is up with that?

You have all those election postcards -- tons of promises on them not kept. Sad indeed, but the people still keep voting without even knowing who they are voting for.

I mean I study hard who to vote for and it is difficult for me even -- imagine for people who do not even try to study who these people really are. They just go by name recognition. I am glad my mom stopped doing that and she now comes to me and asks who is really who. I have around 30 people or so that come to me for who to vote for. If we only all had our circle of votes and tried to make a difference in truly educating who is who and what they stand for by actions and not some stupid fancy colored postcard. Or some words spoken at a rally. Oblaimer was a grand speaker, most of it hot air, but it worked. Millions of low information people used that hot air to justify voting for him.

Reality is that man is a slick con artist and we Americans will be paying him big bucks for the rest of his life. Where he really needs to go is prison. He is the flimflam man, he scammed us good. This rank amateur vacationer in chief knew what he was doing by pulling this fraud on America. Yes, jail should be his protection not body guards for the rest of his life, but correctional officers looking after him.

Quite a few things he was campaigning against he is currently doing. What is up with that?
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

You are correct. Why is it that people like Nogods, BuffaloPundit, Breezy, BorderBob and others alike will not comment about issues like this one. Is it really a partisan issue or do they just not care about the ABUSE of OUR money?

Quote Originally Posted by NY The Vampire State View Post
    You are correct. Why is it that people like Nogods, BuffaloPundit, Breezy, BorderBob and others alike will not comment about issues like this one. Is it really a partisan issue or do they just not care about the ABUSE of OUR money?
    Remember how some have said liberalism is a mental defect, you think that will admit to having that?

Thread Information