Thread: Why won't Governor Cuomo release how many people registered?

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Why won't Governor Cuomo release how many people registered?

Why won't Governor Cuomo release how many people registered their rifles since he passed the SafeAct? The dead line was April 15th.

In the end he and everyone else in the State Department works for us. He has been asked. What is he waiting for?

Why would he say how many did or didnt?

Why would he release numbers and embarrass himself - quite sure It Is less than 20%+/-.

There's quite a few states that have had similar results - did they actually believe every single person who owns the "Outlaw Guns" would register them - Why !

The Guvnor and Pres. said that most of the ones out there have passed through many hands. Legal hands - legally purchased - bought and resold. Good Luck with finding all those rifles !

I would imagine if a target shooter bought one from his friend in 2011- who bought it from a friend in 2000 - who bought it from and so on - who's gonna come forward now and register it - its like buying a chance at being arrested - its stupid.

Once again they have created a stupid law that wont save life's - wont stop criminals and only affects law abiding Americans.

Does anyone actually believe a criminal is carrying around his "Assault Weapon" registration form.

Will every law abiding citizen have to carry his registration form every time he goes target shooting ? -

Maybe they can issue "Grandfathered weapons carry permits" - you know - charge a small fee for a carry permit so if your stopped on the way to or from target practice - or when a Law Enforcement guy just happens to stop by the range !

Remember Katrina - - - They declared a state of emergency and went out confiscating fire arms door to door ! So what level of Government can declare a "State of Emergency" -
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Nogods?

Why do you think the Erie County Democratic Party's endorsed candidate Governor Cuomo won't release the registration statistics?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Nogods?

Why do you think the Erie County Democratic Party's endorsed candidate Governor Cuomo won't release the registration statistics?

Once again, they can't answer that.
    Democrats & Republicans Suck Alike.

He has not answer thus the silence, what could he say....
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by NY The Vampire State View Post

Once again, they can't answer that.
    Here is a thought.

Lately we have seen incompetence in various government departments. I wonder if they really just don't know even though countless dollars are spent on this.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    How convenient for them that there is a provision in the SAFE Act pertaining to confidentiality.

Almost like they purposely did that so that they wouldn't have to admit they are failing to get people to register.

I guess the number of law abiding gun owners just took a big hit in NYS.

b.b.

Quote Originally Posted by BorderBob View Post
    I guess the number of law abiding gun owners just took a big hit in NYS.

That's what happens when you make them criminals over night.

This relates to "Non assault rifles : If you own any other type of rifle, there are no further requirements or restrictions on the rifle itself. However, starting in 60 days from enactment, any private sales of rifles will require a NICS check by a firearms dealer to effectuate the transfer. There is an exception to this for transfers to immediate family members – spouses and children.

This relates to all shotguns : If you own any other type of shotgun, there are no further requirements or restrictions on the shotgun itself. However, starting in 60 days from enactment, any private sales of shotguns will require a NICS check by a firearms dealer to effectuate the transfer. There is an exception to this for transfers to immediate family members – spouses and children.

Can anyone post a link to where it says "Registered Assault weapons are protect against freedom of information requests" - I can only find wording that protects registered/permitted hand guns. Thanks
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

I hope Alan or Nogods can address this. They endorsed the guy for governor again. Is it customary for democrats to support people without knowing their intentions?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    It's only a number. It doesn't really have a security risk.

I wonder how much this new law costs us along with the job loss the the SafeAct has caused. Businesses in the gun business seem to be leaving NYS.

Lets say 500 manufacturing jobs are moved out of state because of the actions of Governor Cuomo. That is 500 less people working for a company that has been paying property taxes while operating in our state...

Now governor Cuomo gives grants and property tax breaks to people that might create 500 jobs. That is all fine and good but we are now at a revenue loss with no gain in jobs

after the cobis fiasco and all that waste they probably knew releasing the numbers would make them look even worse so they worded the law so that they couldn't release numbers
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

Thread Information