Thread: another drone strike, another 3 civilians slaughtered

another drone strike, another 3 civilians slaughtered

The Associated Press reported that Yemeni authorities said “at least nine” militants had been killed in what it described as “a US drone strike”.

Saba, quoted by Reuters, said 10 al-Qaida militants were killed and one was wounded while three civilians were also killed and five were wounded because they happened to be in a nearby vehicle.

A medical official told the AP that the strike had killed three civilians and wounded three.

Nasser Salem, a witness who arrived at the scene after the strike, told Reuters: "We found a completely burnt car and body parts strewn around and we started picking them up."

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...qaida-suspects

People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    “at least nine” militants
    What defines a militant?

And we wonder why some countries don't like us over seas

Quote Originally Posted by steven View Post

I know, right?? I mean civilians NEVER died in wars before Obama came along......

Except in Bush's war in Iraq:

Documented civilian deaths from violence

122,843 – 136,608

Source: https://www.iraqbodycount.org/database/
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

There goes the libtard mentality and mantra..... I think it is a mental illness -- some call it the Blaming Bush disease. Pretty sick how some cannot just face the facts that this Rank Amateur Vacationer and Chief is what he is... a terrible president and leader.

Why must you libtartds continue to to justify this mans errors by pointing to the errors of Bush. It has to be the mental illness of libtardism.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    I know, right?? I mean civilians NEVER died in wars before Obama came along......

Ummmm when did we go to war with Yemen genius?
    People who wonder if the glass is half empty or full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

Quote Originally Posted by steven View Post
    Ummmm when did we go to war with Yemen genius?
    War On Terror

The War on Terror, also known as the Global War on Terrorism (GWOT) is a term which has been applied to an international military campaign that started after the 11 September 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States. This resulted in an international military campaign to eliminate al-Qaeda and other militant organizations. The United States and many other NATO and non-NATO nations such as Pakistan participate in the conflict.[1]

The phrase "War on Terror" was first used by U.S. President George W. Bush on 20 September 2001. The Bush administration and the western media have since used the term to argue a global military, political, lawful, and conceptual struggle against both organizations designated as terrorist in nature and regimes accused of supporting them. It was originally used with a particular focus on Muslim countries associated with Islamic terrorism organizations, like al-Qaeda or like-minded organizations.

Although the term is no longer officially used by the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama (which prefers the term Overseas Contingency Operation), it is still commonly used by politicians, in the media and in some official governmental aspects, as evident in the U.S. military's Global War on Terrorism Service Medal.
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Broughton View Post
    There goes the libtard mentality and mantra..... I think it is a mental illness -- some call it the Blaming Bush disease. Pretty sick how some cannot just face the facts that this Rank Amateur Vacationer and Chief is what he is... a terrible president and leader.

Why must you libtartds continue to to justify this mans errors by pointing to the errors of Bush. It has to be the mental illness of libtardism.
    No THIS is the Re(pub)tard mentality. "If we're ever proven wrong, just deny deny deny and blame it on the Liberals"
    HipKat's Blog

so "a phrase" about war is justification for killing and maiming innocent children?

*Whew*

I hope they don't start using that as the excuse to kill more, what with the "war on drugs", "War on poverty", "War on Women" and all the other "War on...." things.

The War On Drugs, Poverty, etc has killed plenty of people, too
    HipKat's Blog

Civilians die in reported Yemen drone strike as weekend of attacks kills at least 35
    At least 35 people were reportedly killed over the weekend in Yemen, as a series of air strikes hit the country, including the biggest reported drone strike of the year so far.

Multiple sources including military officials and eyewitnesses described how a US drone attacked a truck that was carrying alleged members of al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) and also hit a vehicle carrying civilians. At least 10 – and possibly as many as 21 – were reportedly killed in the attack, including at least three civilians. They were described as ‘construction workers‘ or ‘labourers’ by some reports.

This is the highest death toll of any confirmed drone strike in Yemen so far this year. The Bureau regards drone strikes as ‘confirmed’ if they are described as such by three independent sources, such as eyewitnesses, military officials and security sources.
    and lets not forget, Its A War On Weddings!

What is truly disgusting is that you have to read international News sources to even know this is going on. Front page News in Europe, and Australia, here its buried behind stories about "Pings" that no one cares about.

Hiring friends and family of the media has served this White-house well.

Just 10 years ago that this would have been front and center news being debated on every network 24/7. Instead we get "Chelsea Clinton is pregnant" and a S. Korean Ferry boat sinking bleated at us all night as the US media desperately tells us this is what we care about, much like a carnival huckster trying to get us to play a game of chance.

We as a nation have fallen so far so fast I am not sure we will ever recover.

Nope. I've been saying for a few years, we are not fixable.

And in other News CNN STILL reporting on the missing plane....
    HipKat's Blog

I honestly don't know anyone that cares about the plane (if I here the word ping again I think I will scream) or the Korean Ferry Boat (really, a Ferry boat in Korea? We dont have enough going on in this country to talk about?), why the mainstream media here keep bleeting about those things is a mystery to me.

I will say one thing about the internet. It has allowed me to bypass dumb crap like pings and ferry boats a million miles away and see what real news is going on.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    Nope. I've been saying for a few years, we are not fixable.

And in other News CNN STILL reporting on the missing plane....
    It is all fixable. You have to start at the bottom and set an example for others to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    It is all fixable. You have to start at the bottom and set an example for others to follow.
    I agree...... I am the eternal optimist.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Thread Information