Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Clarence BOE pass budget

Originally posted by NY The Vampire State:

I see we are on the welfare queen thing again. I don't understand that. I think you are mistaking me for someone else.
    Is this better, Vamp?

Georgia L Schlager

Perfect. Thank you.
    Democrats & Republicans Suck Alike.

Quote Originally Posted by NY The Vampire State View Post
    Alan is such a saint and community activist.
    Attachment 4265Attachment 4268Attachment 4269

I see we are on the welfare queen thing again. I don't understand that. I think you are mistaking me for someone else.
    Oh, dear! Curse words! Heavens!

Also, you have no sense of humor, or else you would have noted that the "pussy pantry" was in response to the "Dog-e-Style" and "Blue Balls Truck" that are both eateries being proposed for Buffalo, and I think the names are wholly inappropriate. But don't let the truth get in the way of colossal stupidity!
    This website makes money off of a depraved and idiotic conspiracy theory.

Here, because you dummies are too dim to stay on-topic, and have no sense of humor.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ruck-featuring
    This website makes money off of a depraved and idiotic conspiracy theory.

Quote Originally Posted by buffalopundit View Post
    Here, because you dummies are too dim to stay on-topic, and have no sense of humor.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ruck-featuring
    There is nothing funny about blue balls.

Blue Balls

Do you know the connection between blue balls and sex? Have you ever heard someone ask you, "What are blue balls?" "Blue balls" is a slang term referring to testicular aching that may occur when the blood that fills the vessels in a male's genital area during sexual arousal is not dissipated by orgasm.

When a man becomes sexually excited, the arteries carrying blood to the genital area enlarge, while the veins carrying blood from the genital area are more constricted than in the non-aroused state.

This uneven blood flow causes an increase in volume of blood trapped in the genitals and contributes to the penis becoming erect and the testicles becoming engorged with blood. During this process of vasocongestion the testicles increase in size 25-50 percent.

If the male reaches orgasm and ejaculates, the arteries and veins return to their normal size, the volume of blood in the genitals is reduced and the penis and testicles return to their usual size rather quickly.

If ejaculation does not occur there may be a lingering sensation of heaviness, aching, or discomfort in the testicles due to the continued vasocongestion. This unpleasant feeling has popularly been called blue balls, perhaps because of the bluish tint that appears when blood engorges the vessels in the testicles.

http://health.howstuffworks.com/sexu...dictionary.htm

Georgia L Schlager

I see they want to put astro turf on some of the fields within the district. I almost forgot how they were crying a year ago about how hard it was going to be to give the kids pencils. Now they have all this money to piss away on astro turf. Those poor kids, a year ago there was doubt a new football could be purchased. Now it's astro turf.
    From the Bee -
    The Board of Education is awaiting a survey it distributed to about 15 other school districts to get feedback on whether the investment they made in synthetic fields was worth the cost.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    From the Bee -
    The Board of Education is awaiting a survey it distributed to about 15 other school districts to get feedback on whether the investment they made in synthetic fields was worth the cost.
    University of Arkansas comparison of turf vs. natural grass: http://turf.uark.edu/turfhelp/archives/021109.html. Notice the life span of 8-10 years. I would expect heavier use would shorten the life span.

Clarence BOE presentation from August 18: http://www.clarenceschools.org/files...8_2014_boe.pdf. In this presentation a 15 year bond is mentioned to pay for the capital project. So is there a potential for the turf field to be replaced before the bond that paid for it in the first place is paid off?

It seems this turf discussion has taken place before. 2012 article from Minnesota Star-Tribune: http://www.startribune.com/local/north/175030471.html.

I found the survey results on the BOE web site: http://www.clarenceschools.org/files...ey_aug2014.pdf. One of the Medina comments is interesting: "Should establish a capital reserve to replace the field as soon as it is installed." So as soon as it is in they have to start saving to replace it?

From my own personal experience there are less cancellations due to poor weather with turf fields.

Kudos to the school district for promptly making documents available on the web site.

Originally posted by gorja:
    The tax rate will be $15 per $1,000 assessed value, up from $14.61.
    The final tax rate is $14.80.

Georgia L Schlager

The final tax rate is $14.80.
    Yep up another 3.2%. Just do that three years in a row and bam, they got their 10% hike. It's out of control .

Yep up another 3.2%. Just do that three years in a row and bam, they got their 10% hike. It's out of control .
    Well, you missed your chance to bring in lower cost charters and fire veteran teachers. Your beloved superintendent should have brought 3012-c into play for anyone with more than 20+ years of teaching experience when the law was instated two years ago. By now those veteran teachers would have been fired. But you're too whiny and weak to do that. You could have gone to board meetings and insisted that they install charters with same test results and lower cost, but you didn't do that either. This goes for everyone complaining about taxes but not doing anything about it. Clarence has private garbage collection, why don't they vote to privatize the schools? Get StudentsFirstNY and every other procharter lobby to support pro-charter candidates. You;ll see your education costs decline.

Instead you get on your message board and complain complain complain.
    Last edited by Genoobie; September 21st, 2014 at 10:49 AM.

It's easy when you have access to other people's money.

It's 1.3%. Last year's rate was $14.61

Georgia L Schlager

It's 1.3%. Last year's rate was $14.61
    Better look at that again.... 3.2%

tax hike.jpg

Better look at that again.... 3.2%

tax hike.jpg

That's the percentage change in tax levy not the percentage change in tax rate.

Georgia L Schlager

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information