Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When is a cousin not a relative?

When is a cousin not a relative?

Gene Hart's cousin was just hired full time by the Towns building and grounds. It appears if you are a cousin of Gene Hart you are no longer related to him if he hires you for a Town job?

Was job posted?

Please correct if I'm wrong but I do not recall that job being posted on the Town or County websites. I wonder how much the Hart family and friends plan is making out money wise on this job? Whatever the pay is don't forget to add in benefits and overtime.

Apparently times have changed

Wasn't Mr. Hart the one who campaigned against friends and family and made comments about it at past board meetings. Wonder why he has had a change of heart? No pun intended.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by angryandannoyed View Post
    Wasn't Mr. Hart the one who campaigned against friends and family and made comments about it at past board meetings. Wonder why he has had a change of heart? No pun intended.
    Come on now. Lot of people say things to win an election. Doesn't me they will hold themselves to what they say.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are advertising the job as part time with hope getting fewer candidates. Then if they can get their boy in they will then make the job full time with benefits.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by luv2fish View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if they are advertising the job as part time with hope getting fewer candidates. Then if they can get their boy in they will then make the job full time with benefits.
    you don't think they would really do that do you? Are there past examples?

Well they tried to sneak this job through without giving a civil service test. Thanks to the complaints to County Hall by a few who questioned their practice there is now a test. Do I trust them? We should take a poll- I vote no.

Do they have a nepotism policy in West Seneca?

Georgia L Schlager

Yes they do. Hire as many as they can. Josefiak got her daughter in, thats one of many examples.

Thumbs down

fish you are the classic example of speak first, think later...you draw your conclusions out of thin air with no rationalization. Did you try to get in the town and get turned down in the past? Seems like it with your constant bickering about the same people over....and over....and over.... use this site for what its ment for, constructive criticism not a witch hunt

No people wrong. You must work for the town and may be one of the 3 stooges. I have lived and pay taxes in west Seneca for a very long time and have seen alot. But to be honest when the Buffalo News informs you that that the women you know and play pinochle with during her so called worktimes is making over 100 grand a year that really ticked me off. You think thats was ok don't you? Do you understand how many Seniors that ticked off? I worked my ass off all my life and never broke the 50 grand number. That was the last straw for me. The political BS you guys play is getting old. You just don't get it. Are you overlooking what happened there. 100 grand!

You are without a doubt a shoot first, ask questions later type poster.
    You've cried wolf so often nobody believes you even when you may have a point.

The only reason she was making that much was because she was Dept. head for 3! She wasn't solely playing pinochle and collecting 100 grand for it so get a grip & get informed. The town board made that decision to put her in charge of Seniors, Youth, Rec and pay her for it. trust me I am not a board member nor work for the town but i am an informed and educated citizen of West Seneca and the last place you should be ridiculing is that position because there is more than enough BS going on with the "Hart & Hanley" plan that is WASTING THOUSANDS as we speak. Want to see a change? Get those morons off the board. The town should be investing for its future not wasting money on political appointments like the Finance Dept (Comptroller). Cant wait to see how Paul Clark's firm messes up the town once again.

Quote Originally Posted by People View Post
    The only reason she was making that much was because she was Dept. head for 3! She wasn't solely playing pinochle and collecting 100 grand for it so get a grip & get informed. The town board made that decision to put her in charge of Seniors, Youth, Rec and pay her for it. trust me I am not a board member nor work for the town but i am an informed and educated citizen of West Seneca and the last place you should be ridiculing is that position because there is more than enough BS going on with the "Hart & Hanley" plan that is WASTING THOUSANDS as we speak. Want to see a change? Get those morons off the board. The town should be investing for its future not wasting money on political appointments like the Finance Dept (Comptroller). Cant wait to see how Paul Clark's firm messes up the town once again.
    That Josefiak wasn't an innocent babe.

Originally posted by dtWarren:
    Mary Josefiak, approved her own overtime for the period of January 1, 2012 to
    approximately August 2012 in violation of Town Code 13-3(A)(1). Therefore
    regardless of whether or not she was overtime eligible these payments were made
    in violation of law.
    http://www.speakupwny.com/forums/sho...light=josefiak

Georgia L Schlager

I'm not disagreeing with you that no one should be approving their own OT but I hardly believe the Senior Center processes and certifies payroll her timesheets went across multiple people specifically whoever processes payroll. It's not like she was cutting her own checks. That was a mistake of the town not Josefiak in particular the finance office should have caught that in the beginning. Shame on them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information