City man spared jail in molestation cases
By Matt Gryta
NEWS STAFF REPORTER
Angelo Jacobi, a Buffalo restaurant worker, was spared a jail term Wednesday by State Supreme Court Justice John L. Michalski on guilty plea to sexually molesting three teenage girls who answered his employment advertisements for a proposed Buffalo bar last year.
The judge ordered Jacobi, 48, a cook at one of his family’s local restaurants, to continue sexual counseling with a court-accredited therapist rather than the person he has been seeing since his April 9 sodomy-related guilty plea and pay $1,370 in court fines within six months.
Jacobi, who pleaded guilty April 9 to third-degree felony criminal sexual act and misdemeanor forcible touching, declined to comment. But his attorney, Thomas J. Eoannou, told the judge that his client is apologetic “for the problems he caused the girls.”
At the request of prosecutor Rachel L. Newton, the judge issued orders of protection to all three victims, including two who came to court. The orders direct Jacobi, of Southside Parkway, to stay away from them for at least the next eight years.
Michalski allowed Jacobi to work as a cook in his family’s restaurants but barred him from ever again conducting job interviews for any businesses.
The judge also advised Jacobi, who was convicted in 1984 of the rape of an underaged girl, that he is now a state-registered sex offender.
Newton said Jacobi ran ads in May 2009 touting jobs available as his proposed Roaring ’20s restaurant. In September, he was indicted for molesting three girls after supplying them with alcohol when they came to be interviewed for jobs.