Thread: Apply for recreation job

Apply for recreation job

Tell your family and friends.

http://www2.erie.gov/employment/site...s%2062-680.PDF

It doesnt say full time or part time. I hear now its 20 hrs a week at $20 a hour but may go to full time with benefits.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Can someone get me this job notice in text form instead of a scanned image in PDF format?

NOTICE This job is not posted on the Towns website as of today. Other part time jobs are. They do not want many people to apply and take exam so their boy has a brtter chance on qualifying for it.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Get me the job listing in text form. I would like to send to someone who might know of some qualified applicants.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Get me the job listing in text form. I would like to send to someone who might know of some qualified applicants.
    OCR it.... you the 'puter man! haha
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

luv2fish posted the job opening at ECMC. This is the job opening in West Seneca http://www2.erie.gov/employment/site...0%2063-843.PDF

Georgia L Schlager

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Why doesn't the town in general post up text PDFs instead of pages scanned in as a graphic then saved as a PDF. They can just print the item to PDF and post it up versus scanning it and creating a PDF.

Why doesn't the town in general post up text PDFs instead of pages scanned in as a graphic then saved as a PDF. They can just print the item to PDF and post it up versus scanning it and creating a PDF.
    The ECMC and West Seneca job openings postings came from the Erie County site

Georgia L Schlager

The Town doesn't need to post any competitive civil service positions on the town website as that is reserved for positions that are internal and not subjected to civil service qualifications. FYI

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by People View Post
    The Town doesn't need to post any competitive civil service positions on the town website as that is reserved for positions that are internal and not subjected to civil service qualifications. FYI
    And your point? If you are going to hire someone for a town you would want to have the selection pool as large as possible to get the most qualified applicant.

And your point? If you are going to hire someone for a town you would want to have the selection pool as large as possible to get the most qualified applicant.

Erie County governs civil service positions therefore it is posted on erie countys civil service page, how doesnt seem appropriate? The town has no authority over who they hire until the lists are released by the county that seems more than sufficient to me..they only know whos qualified by the score they get on the test and that is the process that needs to change, not the towns.

I agree WNY the Town should at least post the job, the reason they do not is because they are already pushing for someone. Thats why he's in there now. Nothing says they CAN'T post it. People- what happened when Josefiak was given 2 jobs along with overtime? Was that governed by the County or the Town? She failed one test and scored low on the other but yet walked away with over 100k that year? I know and like Mary but that was so corrupt, here shes playing pinochle with the seniors and collecting that type of pay. Seems to me both the County and the Town drops the ball all the time. They call it a mistake or a mulligan. It happened with this current job, the town gave this guy a job via the friend and family plan without him taking a test. The only reason there is a test now is because people called the county and complained. Then the County looked into it and agreed. No one really watches over these political jobs except the politicians in order to get their family or friends in and they want to hide that info from the general public. A statement like "well they really don't have to" just shows me they are not looking out for the best candidate. Thank God for websites like this to inform people whats really going on.

Thread Information