Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Cuomo talks buyouts for West Seneca flood victims

Concerned

You (and you know who)say people like me, you mean people who actually care about others even though I am not affected at all. I am proud to be a concerned citizen. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by twain View Post
    You (and you know who)say people like me, you mean people who actually care about others even though I am not affected at all. I am proud to be a concerned citizen. Thank you.
    I thought I was clear when I said "people like you" and then described you...all emotion, no facts, no common sense, no sense of personal responsibility, etc...

Strange.

Do you actually think the town of west seneca had houses built there when they knew it was going to be flooding all the time. That part of mineral springs rd has changed drastically since the 70's. Sure hope someday you don't need community help,you throw out a anchor instead of a life vest. Good grief .
    Well first and foremost there are quite a few ingrates in that neighborhood that not only have received community help, but then in turn figuratively spit in their faces by whining about response times. Then, they still have the nerve to put their hands out looking for more. Typical now a days though.

Tell me, what do you make of all these residents that have moved in since the first flood you're willing to admit took place? In other words, people that have moved there knowing fully well it floods and will continue to flood regardless of what man does? You can ignore that question like you do the others you're afraid to answer.

Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd View Post
    I thought I was clear when I said "people like you" and then described you...all emotion, no facts, no common sense, no sense of personal responsibility, etc...

Strange.
    I have concluded the only strange thing going on is you. I will not lower myself to respond to a unintelligent self serving parasite.

I have concluded the only strange thing going on is you. I will not lower myself to respond to a unintelligent self serving parasite.
    You couldn't bring yourself to respond, at least intelligently, prior to my last post, so what else is new.

Look, we get it. You can't answer direct questions because it blows your "victim mentality" out of the water. Why the hysterics about self serving parasites when it's clearly obvious you weren't going to answer the questions regardless of what transpired after I asked them multiple times. You see, that's the problem with you people that argue with emotion and no facts.

Geesh, what a loss you'll be. Where else will I find another poster that can't back up their opinions or runs when asked direct questions...

Come on, really?
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd View Post
    Geesh, what a loss you'll be. Where else will I find another poster that can't back up their opinions or runs when asked direct questions...
    Oh oh, - I know I know.... 8-)
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

I've been lurking, watching the conversation over the Lexington flooding. At first I found it interesting how the views where mostly similar. Then the ideas of common sense and eventually self reliance came in. If you realize the reality of flooding, living near water is alright. If it’s a reasonable distance from the water, not twenty or thirty feet away. If you decide to live that close you will eventually get flooded. I live a few hundred feet from the Casenovia, and am no stranger to flooding. I was reading the latest town board minutes, and noticed most of the flood victims asked how to fix the problem. Only one asked about the buyout. The same one who said "it’s her home!" on TV. Ah, "home sweet home." It was the only comment they had her down for. Funny, considering the mouth she had on her when the cameras were rolling. Also noticed that a man from an earlier flooded street in another part of town asked about the pump which was taken from his street to be used at Lexington. Then they need more sand bags. I can vouch for that, because the second time Lexington flooded, I asked for bags and almost didn't get any. I had to call Gullo personally and remind him that I'm in a flood zone also, even if I'm only one person, though I've been on TV three times about flooding. They brought me a small pallet. Then the next morning when they saw I didn't use them, they were gone. Funny though, you watch the news and a lot of those houses didn't have bags down the second time. Please do it for me?

Quote Originally Posted by towneclone View Post
    I've been lurking, watching the conversation over the Lexington flooding. At first I found it interesting how the views where mostly similar. Then the ideas of common sense and eventually self reliance came in. If you realize the reality of flooding, living near water is alright. If it’s a reasonable distance from the water, not twenty or thirty feet away. If you decide to live that close you will eventually get flooded. I live a few hundred feet from the Casenovia, and am no stranger to flooding. I was reading the latest town board minutes, and noticed most of the flood victims asked how to fix the problem. Only one asked about the buyout. The same one who said "it’s her home!" on TV. Ah, "home sweet home." It was the only comment they had her down for. Funny, considering the mouth she had on her when the cameras were rolling. Also noticed that a man from an earlier flooded street in another part of town asked about the pump which was taken from his street to be used at Lexington. Then they need more sand bags. I can vouch for that, because the second time Lexington flooded, I asked for bags and almost didn't get any. I had to call Gullo personally and remind him that I'm in a flood zone also, even if I'm only one person, though I've been on TV three times about flooding. They brought me a small pallet. Then the next morning when they saw I didn't use them, they were gone. Funny though, you watch the news and a lot of those houses didn't have bags down the second time. Please do it for me?
    The current politicians running the town are not the brightest....They signed laws (sewer law) that they did not understand then after a uprising from the residents...they rescinded it, Then rewrote it and passed a different version...So, I sold my home and moved out of town due to their BS....the crazy high taxes on my 100yr old house with postage stamp size lot was another motivating factor.

The town board and planning board members that allowed those homes to be built in the Buffalo creek flood plain are at fault...sure they're not on the board anymore so the current and future boards will have to deal with it. Those that bought a house built in a flood plain can expect to be flooded at some point...it is common sense.

Onto the reasons it floods in West Seneca...The ice backs up in The city of Buffalo....the more the ice backs up in the city the more the water is dammed up and rises then goes outside of the normal creek channel. This happens up stream mainly outside of the city limits to the lower ground flood plains....because water does not flow uphill.

Back in the 20th century they would use dynamite to break up the jams...that meant flooding was virtually non-existent off Mineral springs for a very long time...So, why is dynamite no longer used?

I ask....Wouldn't it be cheaper to dynamite the jams then to buy out hundreds of homes or even re-engineer or re-route the creek?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I ask....Wouldn't it be cheaper to dynamite the jams then to buy out hundreds of homes or even re-engineer or re-route the creek?
    What sounds better when campaigning?

How "government" came in to help these people.. (even though government doesn't have money of it's own.)

or

We spend a few hundred dollars on dynamite and broke up the ice.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information