Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dems attempt to silence Free Speech

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    If the guy wants a sign who is it hurting?

Who made the rules up in the first place?

Was there a need to begin with?

I do understand you will always have people who will go over board but then again it is their property.

The town has signs on the town's fence at the Hamburg dog park located at the Nike base. The Scranton fire hall has a sign on their fence. Why can the town violate their own code??

And Gary's sign is small, not like the other big sign. But either way it is his land, his fence. By the towns code if a fence company puts their company name on it, that is a violation along with dog on property sign..

Quote Originally Posted by geo_wny View Post
    The town has signs on the town's fence at the Hamburg dog park located at the Nike base. The Scranton fire hall has a sign on their fence. Why can the town violate their own code??
    Actually no. You should read the "exceptions".

And Gary's sign is small, not like the other big sign. But either way it is his land, his fence. By the towns code if a fence company puts their company name on it, that is a violation along with dog on property sign..
    Did the town just see the sign and go after him, or were there complaints?

they said they had a complaint... 8 months after the sign was installed.

they said they had a complaint... 8 months after the sign was installed.
    Maybe after 8 months someones got sick of looking at it?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    What is your point Jeff?

What about people who paint their homes with extremely bright or contrasting colors? I could see people getting sick of looking at that. Why should a sign be treated differently?

What about people who get sick at looking at someones shrubbery?

Hey geo... also I noticed numerous flag type banners around town which violate the code. More proof of this selective enforcement by the Democratic rats.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    What is your point Jeff?

What about people who paint their homes with extremely bright or contrasting colors? I could see people getting sick of looking at that. Why should a sign be treated differently?

What about people who get sick at looking at someones shrubbery?
    In some communities there are codes that regulate the presentation of premises. I'm thinking about East Aurora for instance. So in some areas they are not treated differently.

I already said I personally don't care. The guy can hang up his dirty underwear on a flagpole for all I care. But if its against the code and someone complains and you get a knock on your door to remove, you should not act surprised.
    Last edited by Jeff; April 24th, 2014 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Broughton View Post
    Hey geo... also I noticed numerous flag type banners around town which violate the code. More proof of this selective enforcement by the Democratic rats.
    Whats a "flag type banner" and where is that a violation? Just curious. seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Whats a "flag type banner" and where is that a violation? Just curious. seriously.
    IN the post that was posted here some time ago listing the rules there was something about those spinning flag type banners or along those lines...

Jeff this:

§ 280-252 Certain signs prohibited in all districts.

Billboards, roof signs, pennants, ribbons, streamers, spinners or similar moving, fluttering or revolving devices are prohibited in any zoning district. Flashing, oscillating and revolving signs are prohibited in any zoning district unless necessary for public safety or welfare.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

I was wrong the court day is today

Whatever happened with this?

Georgia L Schlager

§ 280-252 Certain signs prohibited in all districts.

Billboards, roof signs, pennants, ribbons, streamers, spinners or similar moving, fluttering or revolving devices are prohibited in any zoning district. Flashing, oscillating and revolving signs are prohibited in any zoning district unless necessary for public safety or welfare.
    My recent trip through Hamburg revealed dozens of violations of items listed as prohibited. So much for the signs in question not being politically motivated enforcement.

My recent trip through Hamburg revealed dozens of violations of items listed as prohibited. So much for the signs in question not being politically motivated enforcement.
    I completely agree.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information