Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Dems attempt to silence Free Speech

Quote Originally Posted by buffalopundit View Post
    It's what they do.

If it was an LGBT flag on that fence do you think we'd be here? Why are they allowed to put those flags on the (city owned) light poles along Elmwood Ave and this guy can't put a sign up ON HIS OWN PROPERTY?
    Democrats & Republicans Suck Alike.

Quote Originally Posted by NY The Vampire State View Post
    Anybody who is "informed on the subject of freedom" and an advocate for it ,would not come on here and support this judges decision. This judges decision limits freedom of speech. You're a straw man.

The judges ruling was not correct. He has not protected Zwierucha's Constitutional rights. What part of Hamburg can not make a law that overrides the Constitution do you not understand?

The law is the United States Constitution, not the Hamburg sign police ordinance.
    Again with the name calling. You paint the first part of your message with a very broad brush. I think there are many more people who believe in both freedom and the rule of law then those like you who believe that the law should be ignored. If you don't like the law change it but don't blame the judge for ruling with what's in front of him. The decision does not take away this man's freedom of speech and just because you say it doesn't make it so. I think its telling that you decided not to answer my question about your law background. Makes a guy wonder about your authority on the subject. He is free to put his sign in a place that is not his fence.

To be honest I think this law sucks out loud. Personally I couldn't care less if a thousand signs are posted on this guys fence. But that doesn't mean the judge should be allowed to just ignore the law. I say fix the laws, decrease them down to the ones that only protect others, and then enforce them and rule according to them. The judge ruled correctly weather we like it or not.

It's what they do.
    Not that you were inclined to but I ask you kindly to not make an argument for me. I proved you a liar earlier and I would just assume not to have you on my side for fear of further falsehoods. Thanks

It's what they do.
    Says the master of said! One who by profession is required to be a liar.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Thisdman View Post
    Again with the name calling. You paint the first part of your message with a very broad brush. I think there are many more people who believe in both freedom and the rule of law then those like you who believe that the law should be ignored. If you don't like the law change it but don't blame the judge for ruling with what's in front of him. The decision does not take away this man's freedom of speech and just because you say it doesn't make it so. I think its telling that you decided not to answer my question about your law background. Makes a guy wonder about your authority on the subject. He is free to put his sign in a place that is not his fence.

To be honest I think this law sucks out loud. Personally I couldn't care less if a thousand signs are posted on this guys fence. But that doesn't mean the judge should be allowed to just ignore the law. I say fix the laws, decrease them down to the ones that only protect others, and then enforce them and rule according to them. The judge ruled correctly weather we like it or not.
    So if he placed a sign on two stakes in front of his fence it may be allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by Thisdman View Post
    If you don't like the law change it but don't blame the judge for ruling with what's in front of him. The decision does not take away this man's freedom of speech and just because you say it doesn't make it so..
    a judge, has the authority to rule against any law.

A judge does not have to rule in favor of said law.
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    So if he placed a sign on two stakes in front of his fence it may be allowed?
    Maybe

Quote Originally Posted by FMD View Post

OK thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FMD View Post

Incorrect, a judge is subject to the rule of law.... what planet you get this bunk from? Planet progressive?
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Broughton View Post
    Incorrect, a judge is subject to the rule of law.... what planet you get this bunk from? Planet progressive?
    Thanks frank - hadnt had my coffee yet... you are correct.

It is the JURY that isnt bound by the 'law'
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Plea deal - sign comes down, no fine, charges dropped

A sad day for Hamburg residents: Free speech taken away; paying a superintendent with unethical behavior to resign instead of terminating him.

http://www.wben.com/Hamburg-Anti-Saf...-Drop/19990740

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Plea deal - sign comes down, no fine, charges dropped

A sad day for Hamburg residents: Free speech taken away; paying a superintendent with unethical behavior to resign instead of terminating him.

http://www.wben.com/Hamburg-Anti-Saf...-Drop/19990740
    Cry me a river. Take the sign down and work to get the ordinance changed. People that give the figurative "finger to the man" are no different than a brat teenager "rebelling".

Again, I don't agree with the ordinance necessarily, but in the real adult world, you need to work within the system to change it.

And another sign goes up in it's place. LOOKS GOOD

10689825_863941260285177_4611246789848543975_n.jpg
    Democrats & Republicans Suck Alike.

Quote Originally Posted by NY The Vampire State View Post
    And another sign goes up in it's place. LOOKS GOOD

10689825_863941260285177_4611246789848543975_n.jpg
    Perfect

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Cry me a river. Take the sign down and work to get the ordinance changed. People that give the figurative "finger to the man" are no different than a brat teenager "rebelling".

Again, I don't agree with the ordinance necessarily, but in the real adult world, you need to work within the system to change it.
    That assumes the whiners are adults.

How come their hero took a plea deal? I thought it was his constitutional right to have that sign? Why did he cut and run?

The headline should read "Homeowner admits law doesn't violate his free speech rights."

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread Information