Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recreation out of control

Exclamation Recreation out of control

I see the latest & greatest from Recreation. http://www.westseneca.net/sites/defa...0207095436.pdf

How does this position deserve 13.50 p/hr when she was hired less than a year ago!http://www.westseneca.net/sites/default/files/masset03726820130705103106.pdf

s
    ame old nonsense. This camp better be out of this world with these people making so much money when a college kid could be doing the same work for half the money. How is she qualified for this position? When and where was it posted??

SAME OLD POLITICS

Your insight is brilliant. So, tell me more about the college student that is interested in a job that pays $6.75 an hour...
    What's minimum wage now a days anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd View Post
    Your insight is brilliant. So, tell me more about the college student that is interested in a job that pays $6.75 an hour...
    Exactly.... pray tell.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Recreation Employees Out of Control

A couple weeks ago a forum was posted on how the Recreation Department was out of control for the appointment of Lauren M. as Recreation Supervisor at the rate of $13/hour. It is my understanding Lauren M. has been solely plan
    I have a contact who works in the Kiwanis center, but not for Recreation. He claims Craig K. is constantly complaining he isn't full time. When he is in the office he is taking personal phone calls about his landscape business or selling game machines. Why would he be made full time if he isn't even dedicated when he is in the office. I didnt realize he was being paid $18 an hour to take care of his own business rather than the towns. Among other statements I have heard on his work ethic and the fact he is actively searching for other employment.

A couple weeks ago a forum was posted on how the Recreation Department was out of control for the appointment of Lauren M. as Recreation Supervisor at the rate of $13/hour. It is my understanding Lauren M. has been solely planning the Summer Day Camp and will be leading the camp. If this is true she deserves the appointment. I am almost positive I read a story about her in the Sun or Bee a few months ago running a can drive for some food pantry. I have only spoken to her one time but she seems dedicated to making improvements for the people in West Seneca.

Mike T. is also a Recreation Supervisor who I have heard from my contact at the Kiwanis and also my brother who plays on his over 30 hockey team is constantly complaining he wasn't given a raise when Lauren M. was appointed. What does her appointment have to do with him? Instead of worrying about others perhaps he should worry about himself and his work ethic. Mike T. rarely ever does his actual job but more or less finds ways around doing the task at ha
    nd. I have been to the ice rink various times when he should have been supervising and he seemed to be watching a movie on his tablet. What if someone would have got hurt? I am sure he will be rewarded for bad mouth his fellow employee and pretending to work with a raise rather than reprimanded for making the West Seneca Recreation Department look bad.

These statement are of the third person in nature if they are indeed true 2/3 of the employees at Recreation are out of control. Shame on this department.

What the hell is a Recreation Department?
    Democrats & Republicans Suck Alike.

Lets be honest...by definition, a recreation department is meant to recreate. So who's wrong? Them for screwing around, or you for expecting work at at rec dept?

Why are towns in the recreation department? Can't a dad coach a little league team now or what? Is that what they do?

I don't know what the people she mentioned do, but I imagine they must run the rinks in the winter and the staff of playground people in the summer (boondoggles, field trips, etc).
    Winter seems like an easy time of the year for them.

Lets be honest...by definition, a recreation department is meant to recreate. So who's wrong? Them for screwing around, or you for expecting work at at rec dept?

Georgia L Schlager

Its not just in your Town - we here in Lancaster have the same issues - friends and family hirering - "Party" workers spending more time glad handing than working - taking their own business interests above their tax funded duties.

You cant blame them - they have been indoctrinated to believe its their entitlements. Daddie collected more petitions than other Party Members - Uncle is the Mayor - then throw in nepotism - my dad, my brother, and mother all are "Party Players"

Is it their fault most people have accepted this as just part of the "Game"? Voters and Party Line contributers have condoned this for far to long.

Many of them might as well be on welfare - its not much different and its all tax funded.

Do some thing about it !
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

I don't know what the people she mentioned do, but I imagine they must run the rinks in the winter and the staff of playground people in the summer (boondoggles, field trips, etc).
    Winter seems like an easy time of the year for them.

Where are the parents to look after their kids?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    An entertainment complex at the property owners expense. I wonder if any political campaign talk goes on the recreation department. I have hear that "politicing" goes on in the Cheektowaga Senior Center. We have some cool seniors in our town.

Quote Originally Posted by NY The Vampire State View Post
    Where are the parents to look after their kids?

I'm thinking it's not that cut and dry. I'm sure you know that as well.

I'm thinking it's not that cut and dry. I'm sure you know that as well.

Staff the playground? Why does a playground need staff? Do parents drop their kids off or what?

Everyone knows Craig K is a family friend of Hart and hangs with Harts kids. Thats how he got hired. He was just a rec aide at a boys and girls club, nothing special and after 6 months became quite the slacker word has it around town hall. Its a great part time gig but now he wants more so don't be suprised if he eventually gets full time. The job was supposed to be filled with a civil service test even though its a part time job but as usual the town played dumb and got away with it. The town says it applied for the test to be given but it hasn't been posted yet. Oh and by the way most of the lights are out on the scoreboard over the ice rink. Its simple preventative maintenance, before the rink opens you get out your scaffolding and change every light on the board wether it needs it or not.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information