Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Board Moves Forward with Housing Project for the Mentally Ill

and they pay their own taxes

We do not need proud Americans, we need humble Americans. Pride is a sin, never is it s good thing. I just think that West Seneca is seeing the "City" expand into its land and some are not happy about it. West Seneca is fast becoming Buffalo Jr. No?
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

That part of town was written off years ago, IMO.
    As long as I have safe access to Texas red hots I don't care what happens over there...

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    FisherRd,

You have to care. Whether people like it or not it seems section 8 apartment etc tend to have the crime increase around them.

From what I'm told this is one reason crime is up in Cheektowaga.

The West Seneca town board should seriously reconsider putting this low income housing project in the center of so many homes on Seneca Street. As they are now learning, New York State will do as they please when they OWN you. The poor people on Leydecker Road are now having to deal with this nightmare because NYS can, and will, do whatever they want without even the courtesy of a notification. Now New York State is funding a low income housing project in our backyard and the West Seneca town board is bending over backwards to get this State Housing approved before anyone realizes what has happened. This project will be just another way for New York State to have its hand in West Seneca and force its will upon us. And now we are front page news, saying "I don't know how this happened". I will tell you how this happened. The WEST SENECA TOWN BOARD ALLOWED IT. Please West Seneca, DON'T BE FOOLED AGAIN!! DO NOT ALLOW THIS LOW INCOME HOUSING PROJECT INTO WEST SENECA!! Once the facility is built, they can do anything they want there and there is nothing we can do about it. NOW IS THE TIME TO STOP IT. LEARN FROM YOUR MISTAKES. Take the fear, anger, and sense of betrayal of the Leydecker Road residents ad multiply it by 1000, because that is how many more people will be affected by this NYS funded low income housing project.

I urge everyone to contact Sheila Meegan, Gene Hart, and William Hanley, as well as Mickey Kearns, to tell them to STOP this low income housing project and KEEP WEST SENECA SAFE FOR OUR CHILDREN for a change.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information