Thread: Councilwoman Donna G. Stempniak resigned from the Lancaster Town Board for one week i

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Councilwoman Donna G. Stempniak resigned from the Lancaster Town Board for one week i

Double Dippers draining area taxpayers:
    She should resign(for real this time!)

(To read the full buffalo news article - click her name.)
    Lancaster Town Board Member Donna Stempniak

Lancaster Councilwoman Donna G. Stempniak, then 55, began receiving her pension.

Stempniak was re-elected to the Town Board in November 2007, but resigned for one week at the end of December. Then, in January, she was sworn in to a new term, and remains on the board.

The move coincided with a decision to retire from her full-time job as a Buffalo teacher.

The one-week resignation was necessary so Stempniak could transfer her town pension into her teaching pension, officials in the New York State Retirement System said.

The move increased the salary that Stempniak’s teacher pension calculation was based on and resulted in her pension being based on the more generous Tier 2 pension system, rather than Tier 3, officials said.
    Stempniak’s pension is about $1,000 a month greater than it would have been without the town pension credits; however, she can no longer accrue pension credits even though she remains on the Lancaster Town Board.

Stempniak is currently eligible for a $67,044 annual pension(Plus Tax funded Benefits), but she elected to collect less now, and defer a portion to the future. She continues to collect her $18,467 board pay. (Plus Tax Funded benefits)

Lancaster officials were supportive of Stempniak’s pension maneuver, noting that they save about $1,600 annually by no longer paying into the retirement system for her.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    I think the Buffalo News forgot to add in the generous health care package(or $6000.00 a year buyout) and further deferred compensation plan.

As the article stated, "She Deferred" part of her pension - that just means she doesn't pay income tax on it now and gets even more later - plus interest - SWEAT !

Of course other Lancaster Officials are supportive of this scam - because other Lancaster Elected and Appointed Officials are also in-line to collect benefits and or pensions from more than one source.

But remember folks - Town Supervisor Bob Giza says, "His first concern is to protect the taxpayers."

and Council Member D.Stempniak said, "I'm doing this for my community."

Standard Lancaster Politics!
    Like the Lancaster Highway Appointments and the removal of Superintendent R.Reese -

Lancaster Taxpayers will pay the bill.

Last edited by 4248; May 30th, 2009 at 12:48 PM.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    They got SO much BS. I'm surprized you don't smell em when they walk into a room

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    They got SO much BS. I'm surprized you don't smell em when they walk into a room
    Oh, you do, believe me, you do!
    The town board creates the problems and when the residents complain, the town board tells them it's the resident's fault.

Question Were the heck were you???????

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    Double Dippers draining area taxpayers:
    She should resign(for real this time!)

(To read the full buffalo news article - click her name.)
    Lancaster Town Board Member Donna Stempniak

Lancaster Councilwoman Donna G. Stempniak, then 55, began receiving her pension.

Stempniak was re-elected to the Town Board in November 2007, but resigned for one week at the end of December. Then, in January, she was sworn in to a new term, and remains on the board.

The move coincided with a decision to retire from her full-time job as a Buffalo teacher.

The one-week resignation was necessary so Stempniak could transfer her town pension into her teaching pension, officials in the New York State Retirement System said.

The move increased the salary that Stempniak’s teacher pension calculation was based on and resulted in her pension being based on the more generous Tier 2 pension system, rather than Tier 3, officials said.
    Stempniak’s pension is about $1,000 a month greater than it would have been without the town pension credits; however, she can no longer accrue pension credits even though she remains on the Lancaster Town Board.

Stempniak is currently eligible for a $67,044 annual pension(Plus Tax funded Benefits), but she elected to collect less now, and defer a portion to the future. She continues to collect her $18,467 board pay. (Plus Tax Funded benefits)

Lancaster officials were supportive of Stempniak’s pension maneuver, noting that they save about $1,600 annually by no longer paying into the retirement system for her.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    I think the Buffalo News forgot to add in the generous health care package(or $6000.00 a year buyout) and further deferred compensation plan.

As the article stated, "She Deferred" part of her pension - that just means she doesn't pay income tax on it now and gets even more later - plus interest - SWEAT !

Of course other Lancaster Officials are supportive of this scam - because other Lancaster Elected and Appointed Officials are also in-line to collect benefits and or pensions from more than one source.

But remember folks - Town Supervisor Bob Giza says, "His first concern is to protect the taxpayers."

and Council Member D.Stempniak said, "I'm doing this for my community."

Standard Lancaster Politics!
    Like the Lancaster Highway Appointments and the removal of Superintendent R.Reese -

Lancaster Taxpayers will pay the bill.

This was address at a Town Board meeting almost one year ago by the concern citizens that attend meetings and Nothing was written buy the Buffalo News or The Bee. Sad to say this is and has been old News!!!!!!!!

Thats the point "Status Quo" - Abuse of Power and Tax Dollars

Your correct - almost!

These issues of Lancaster Town Council Member D.Stempniak, Lancaster Town Supervisor B.Giza, past Town Attorney R.Sherwood, Planning Board Chairman S.Keysa, and other Lancaster Town Officials "double dipping" has been raised by quite a few different groups and citizens over the past ten years or more.

Some derive benefits from the Boys and Girls Club on Broadway, just for being on the Board there - check that out.

In years past bonuses were given to Club Board Members and workers there. No big deal - well at the same time our Lancaster Town Supervisor was telling tax payers the club was broke and needed $20,000.00(tax dollars) from Town Tax Payers to stay open - he headed the effort and pushed it through.

Wow, what a good dead he did - did I forget to say he was on the Boys Club Board at that time - did I forget to mention he directly received health care benefits from the same club - while receiving pay and benefits from the Town Board.

Your correct - this double dipping is nothing new in Lancaster Government - until its made a re-election issue and dragged repeatedly into the light of day - taxpayers will be milked dry.

Town Council Member D.Stempniak should be ashamed of using her mother as a excuse for inflating her tax funded pension. Wasn't her mother working at the Towns Tax funded Senior Center?

These people will twist and spin anything to cover their greed and abuse of power.

Get the facts - then shout them out - over and over again.

Re-instate Highway Super Richard Reese - Lancaster's one and only working Elected Official.

I'm sure Tree is okay with this!

She's only doing what's best to represent her people
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    I'm sure Tree is okay with this!

She's only doing what's best to represent her people
    I feel so much better that we are the most represented people in the nation...

somehow though DT seems to make logic out of it??!!

Exclamation Another month - how sweat it is!

Well, another month passes - no big uproar in Lancaster over "Political Tax Scams" - !!!!!!!!!!!!

As their tax funded checks roll in - their pension funds swell with more tax dollars - they get new eye glasses and prescriptions, also paid for by property tax dollars.

A few more members of the Lancaster Democratic Employment Agency have acquired new tax funded positions.

Lancaster voters/taxpayers are enjoying the sunny days of summer. In the case of one Town Board member - another thirty days - another $5000.+/- tax dollars to deposit in her account. No big deal - its only a few pennies a month from Lancaster Home Owners.

Thread Information