Thread: Gee, where did those dogs go?

Gee, where did those dogs go?

First, I do not own a dog but have been keeping an eye on the SPCA in Tonawanda looking to see if there is a dog I might want to bring into my home. All I have seen for a few years are these Pit Bull dogs or these mix Pit Bull dogs which in my opinion have been over breaded. Where did those nice shepherds, collies, golden retrievers, and the normal mutt dogs go. I don’t know about you but I have this clause in my home insurance which in this area really places a restriction on what dogs home owners can own. Yes, it is cold outside and I have little to do today other than come up with this type of topic.
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

You're right ,it seems.

Are these the ONLY dogs they have?? This used to be several pages long

http://www.yourspca.org/adoptabledogs
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Interesting question. My current mutt, a dog my daughter "rescued" from the pound then had to leave with me because of her move into an apartment, is part black lab, part pit bull. She had him qualified as a therapy dog. He's a very outgoing friendly dog.

The dog I had before that was part Rhodesian Ridgeback, part pit bull that I got from the pound as a puppy after it was returned by someone else. She was friendly only after she became acquainted with someone.

Apparently the stock of non-neutered pit bulls in the Buffalo area is so overwhelming that most mutt breeding is going to have a pit bull product. I can't believe anyone would purposefully breed mutts, so I'm guessing its just dog owners who have non-neutered pets that breed with other similar mutts, and then dogs get distributed to friends and family who end up either losing them or relinquishing them or kicking them out.

I have always preferred a mutt to a pure breed. I've owned an AKC registered Lab and an AKC registered Rottweiler, and 3 mutts. The 3 mutts were by far the more intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Riven37 View Post
    First, I do not own a dog but have been keeping an eye on the SPCA in Tonawanda looking to see if there is a dog I might want to bring into my home. All I have seen for a few years are these Pit Bull dogs or these mix Pit Bull dogs which in my opinion have been over breaded. Where did those nice shepherds, collies, golden retrievers, and the normal mutt dogs go. I don’t know about you but I have this clause in my home insurance which in this area really places a restriction on what dogs home owners can own. Yes, it is cold outside and I have little to do today other than come up with this type of topic.
    Try doing a search on rescue organizations. If there is a certain breed of dog you would like to have you can search through the breed specific rescues. That's how I got involved with Springer Spaniel rescue, I just could not find a SS locally so I searched the rescues. BTW, I fostered lots of great dogs and ended up adopting 2 of them.
    Adopt an English Springer Spaniel.
    http://www.springerrescue.org
    "Striving to be the person
    that my dogs think I am"

www.BuffaloReUse.org

Springers are great dogs and btw, so are Pits. I know people who have Pits that are treated right, loved and cared for and they are amazing dogs. But it is profound that almost every dog on the SPCA Website is a pit/pit mix. Wasn't like that when I adopted my last dog there in 2002
    HipKat's Blog

these Pit Bull dogs or these mix Pit Bull dogs which in my opinion have been over breaded
    I'm not a big fan of the over breaded dogs either. Most of the time they are dipped into all of that batter to cover up a bad taste or smell. I prefer my dogs to be lightly seasoned, with a hint of tarragon and saffron. A lightly battered terrier paired with a Malbec or Beaujolais is a perfect mid-afternoon snack on a cold day.

Now I'm hungry. Off to the SPCA for some grocery shopping.
    Most of all I like bulldozers and dirt

Quote Originally Posted by nickelcityhomes View Post
    I'm not a big fan of the over breaded dogs either. Most of the time they are dipped into all of that batter to cover up a bad taste or smell. I prefer my dogs to be lightly seasoned, with a hint of tarragon and saffron. A lightly battered terrier paired with a Malbec or Beaujolais is a perfect mid-afternoon snack on a cold day.

Good one!!!!!!
    If it weren't for the United States Military, there would be NO United States of America !

Quote Originally Posted by nickelcityhomes View Post

I seen something like that coming lolz
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Riven37 View Post
    Here's a bunch up for adoption. Look at the cute American Eskimo. She'll even do tricks for you.

http://www.bpcanimalrescue.com/availabledogs.php

Georgia L Schlager

Georgia L Schlager

Tony Fracasso - Admin

An elderly Scotty needs a good home...

I know of an elderly Scott Terrier that needs a good home.. I was told he is 11 years old with some issues. His current owner is having health issues.

The dogs vet is trying to find someone to adopt him..... if anyone is interest let me know.

Thread Information