Thread: one for ragin-GOVERNOR ANNOUNCES WESTERN NEW YORK COMPANY TO CREATE 250 NEW JOBS AND

TimeOut Chair

one for ragin-GOVERNOR ANNOUNCES WESTERN NEW YORK COMPANY TO CREATE 250 NEW JOBS AND

GOVERNOR ANNOUNCES WESTERN NEW YORK COMPANY TO CREATE 250 NEW JOBS AND EXPAND OPERATIONS IN ERIE COUNTY

Allied Interstate to Invest $1.3M to Grow in Western New York

Governor George E. Pataki today announced that Allied Interstate will expand its operations and invest $1.3 million to create 250 new jobs over the next three years and retain 50 current employees at a new facility located in the Town of Cheektowaga.

“Allied Interstate’s decision to create 250 new jobs in Cheektowaga is great news for the working families of Western New York,” Governor Pataki said. “We're committed to fighting for every job using the pro-growth, pro-job policies that help businesses like Allied Interstate grow. Whether it's our successful Empire Zone Program, cutting taxes, or reducing burdensome regulations, we remain committed to the policies that we know work to create jobs and help Upstate companies achieve success.”

“We've proven over and over again that tax cuts create the financial freedom that creates new jobs and new opportunities for New Yorkers and with our new $1.1 billion job-creating tax cut package, we will give New York’s employers even greater opportunities and incentives to grow, expand and create jobs across the State,” the Governor added.

Senator Dale M. Volker said, “Western New York continues to create jobs, expands our diverse economy, and opens new doors for employment opportunities for our residents. I would like to thank Governor Pataki for his commitment to our region and for all of his assistance in revigorating our region's economy. As the 2006-2007 Legislative Session proceeds, I look forward to working with him to further reduce our taxes, improve our economic edge to create even more jobs for our residents, and reducing state regulations in order to let businesses do what their best at--create well-paying jobs and producing innovative goods and services.”

Senator Mary Lou Rath said, “This investment represents another tremendous boost for the Western New York economy. By working to expand Allied Interstate in our community, Governor Pataki, the State Legislature and local officials have created a dynamic opportunity for the Western New York workforce.”

Senator Bill Stachowski said, “For the last several years we've witnessed firms leave the town of Cheektowaga looking for greener pastures. We all realize what the town and county have to offer in the way of a well-trained, professional workforce to progressive firms such as Allied Interstate, and I couldn't be happier that they've recognized our potential here in Western New York.”

Assembly Leader Majority Paul Tokasz said, “I am pleased that Allied Interstate has made the decision to expand its operations in Western New York and invest in our community. Our role in government is to make New York State a better, more competitive place to live, work and operate a business. To that end, I will continue to work with my colleagues in the State Legislature to produce smart economic growth throughout the state and continue our ongoing commitment to job creation and retention.”

Erie County Executive Joel A. Giambra said, “Allied Interstate is an important employer in Erie County. They know that the quality of our workforce and our state's business climate are reasons enough to expand their operations here. Once again Governor Pataki and his staff should be lauded for their diligence and their hard work in keeping local businesses strong.”

Cheektowaga Town Supervisor Dennis H. Gabryszak said, “I am thankful that the efforts of Governor George Pataki and the Empire State Development team has brought Allied Interstate to the town and will create a significant amount of new jobs in the region. Allied will also put a building that has been vacant for many years back into productive use.”

Allied Interstate, a subsidiary of IntelliRisk Management Corporation (IRMC), provides customer management solutions specializing in collections, accounts receivable management and customer retention services through its global call center network of nearly 6,000 employees. Headquartered in New York City, IRMC has employees worldwide with a family of companies that operate in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, the Philippines and India.

President and Chief Executive Officer of IntelliRisk Management Corporation, Allied Interstate’s parent company, Vikas Kapoor said, “Buffalo is a great place to do business and we couldn’t be more excited about our expanded presence in the Buffalo area. Our subsidiary Allied Interstate has had terrific experience with the quality of the Buffalo workforce which is the main driver behind our expansion efforts. I also want to single out for praise the local and state government officials who are working hard to create jobs and improve the business climate in the area.”

President and Chief Executive Officer of Buffalo Niagara Enterprise Thomas A. Kucharski said, “Our high quality workforce has made the Buffalo Niagara region a winner once again. The skills and availability of the labor force continue to make the region an attractive place to do business.”

Empire State Development Chairman Charles A. Gargano said, “Thanks to Governor Pataki’s policies and initiatives, New York State is the obvious place for a business to locate and grow. Every job that is retained or created, is an opportunity for a hard working New Yorker.”

The Governor announced that his 2006-07 Executive Budget, which was unveiled on Tuesday, would include a new $1.1 billion job-creating tax cut package, which will build on New York’s strong record of cutting taxes and reducing the cost of doing business – and give New York’s employers even greater freedom to grow, expand and create jobs.

The Governor’s plan would eliminate the Alternative Minimum Tax which hurts manufacturers, cut the business income tax rate by 10 percent, increase the sales tax vendor credit, reform the tax code to encourage businesses to make new capital investments in New York, eliminate the tax on S-Corporations most of whom are small businesses, accelerate the designation of nine new Empire Zones, expand low-interest loans for small businesses, and reduce Workers’ Compensation costs.

In consideration of its commitment to New York State, Allied Interstate is eligible to apply to Empire State Development for a Capital Grant of up to $500,000 to be used as reimbursement for a portion of the acquisition and costs related to the purchase and installation of new equipment.

Unregistered
    Thanks for thinking of me Woodstock.
    I appreciate your efforts, I really do.

I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth (if this is to be considered a gift), but I was hoping there would be better news coming out of Albany.

In all honesty, I'm pissed after reading of the amount of funds Pataki is sending to the NYC area.

How could they be so blind to what's happening on this side of the state? (no reply necessary, the answer is quite obvious)

I'm just blowing off stream, and right now I'm in perfect place.

But, when Count De Money comes to town, I think it's high time he knows what a tax revolt really looks and sounds like.

TimeOut Chair
    a tax revolt? there was a tax revolt?

Thread Information