Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: I need a moderator for South Buffalo

Unregistered
    Why aviod Lovejoy? What's the matter with it?

Lovejoy Pizza

Has really good pie. Their specialty subs are good too. City, I was asking about the corner bar, north of Hoppers. It had a few different names, the Old Sod? Rhino owned it for a time. I can't believe it hasn't come to me. It was in the era of the Riverfield, when Sullys owned it.

Originally posted by Treeguy
    I always wondered if you were Chuck Goodspeed. I'm hoping for some good numbers for their Superbowl pool. Nice payoff at that place. Mudds was alot of fun, was in there the last night of its existance, now another Rite Aid. I haven't heard what is going to go into Docs Pizza, anyone else? There are people moving things around in there, but I think it is the owner , not Sean , he is done with the place. I thought the Mighty on Seneca was the first, the first one, near Weyand. You could stumble out of Honest Bobs or one of the others over there, names escape me now...What were the others ?
    Oh, the last night of Mudds! That was the craziest night ever. Abbott Road gets closed off and Abbott Road gets closed off as people bought cases and drank in the street. It was like a block party at 3:00 a.m. I woke up in the bushes by the soccer field on Potter Road.

Originally posted by WNYresident
    Who here remembers the Lovejot Tavern or Warzels..
    Warzels! Best cheesburgers on God's earth.
    "If you want to know what God thinks of money just look at the people he gave it to."

By the way, what happened to biker? I miss the old coot.

Originally posted by Dino330
    Oh, the last night of Mudds! That was the craziest night ever. Abbott Road gets closed off and Abbott Road gets closed off as people bought cases and drank in the street. It was like a block party at 3:00 a.m. I woke up in the bushes by the soccer field on Potter Road.
    I was there. I was outside in back. I got there early and left fairly early (for that party) somewhere around one.
    I miss that place.
    "If you want to know what God thinks of money just look at the people he gave it to."

Unregistered
    Boy, this thread sure got quiet.

Was there some big party in S. Buffalo that left ya all "in the bushes by the soccer field on Potter Road?"

Man, I wish! That sure was a rough night way back when. I think all of South Buffalo was there on The Night They Closed Mudds. And yes, that enchanted evening of May 1999 gets all capital letters. It earned proper noun status.

It isn't every day you wake up in the bushes next to a soccer field. Hopefully I don't have to do that again. NO MORE BAR CLOSINGS! Doc's Pizza doesn't count. That place could get shady, even if Otto or Gallagher were working.

Gallagher

is working at Griffins and 67West. Great bartender, always has my Canadian waiting for me.

John Scanlon, South Buffalo's premier bartender, will also be working at Potters Field.

hopefully

Kev will hire Keegan. That rack wouldn't quit.

Re: Gallagher

Originally posted by Treeguy
    is working at Griffins and 67West. Great bartender, always has my Canadian waiting for me.
    Gee, I wonder how he got that job?

hmmmmmmm

ain't goin there.

Quote Originally Posted by citymouse
    Backthorn.
    On Seneca between Norman and Zittle. They have Smithwicks on tap. They have a great fish fry. All the food is good. I heard they just changed owners. I don't know how that will affect the food.

Yes it did change owners but stayed in the family. It was purchased by the brother and brother-in-law of one of the former owners who passed. They did change the menu and shrunk it down considerably. When I visit from SD it is one of my must stops. It is great to see people investing in South Buffalo!

I know this is not very "Buffalonian" but the house dressing is amazing! The brisket sandwich is also killer!

Another displaced South Buffalonian in San Diego, huh? I was out there about a year and a half ago. I have a bunch of friends and family that live there.
    Good times.

Blackthorn has everything tasty. I love throwing back Guinness there before the Wolfetones play.

I Vote Dino For South Buffalo Forum Moderator
    "I know the man. he is not using a theasuarus."

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread Information