Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Creation of the position of Town Comptroller - Reorganization Meeting

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Broughton View Post
    Daniel, I think you know where they file your relentless insensate letters to at this point. The bucket file. 8-)
    They do so at their own peril.

Are you that cold that you would be willing to take money from people who worked for it?
    First this assumes that work was done that justifies money above and beyond what they were being paid already. We have had that discussion here before: http://www.speakupwny.com/forums/sho...wn-Comptroller & http://www.speakupwny.com/forums/sho...s-to-employees
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

I have to agree with DT on this one - I see no way the "Acting Pay" should be recalled/repaid.

Some people seem to hold multiple "Job Titles" - How can one person sit at one desk - in the same office - day after day but do two or three jobs ?

First it would seem if that person has so much extra time on their hands - the first title/job isn't all that time consuming. That would me to believe a time study should be done to see if its a low work load or possibly a grandiose job title with a menial work load - usually tied to a large salary - in the private sector this would not last to long.

All to often in the "Tax funded world" they ad job titles to give a player more money. I guess the term "Double dipper" which refers to a person with two tax funded checks is no longer sufficient.

The new trick is "triple or quad Dippers" - every Town seems to have a few.

It needs to end.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

This sounds like a familiar tune, in our town *stipends* are used for specific job/titles in addition to their salaries/pensions. IMO I feel that these kinds of compensations are a mirage' for more money.

From: http://www.westseneca.net/index.php?q=node/1215 (March 10, 2014 Town Board Meeting)

Motion by Supervisor Meegan, seconded by Councilman Hanley, as per the communication received from Erie County Personnel, the town must nullify the creation of the position of Deputy Comptroller and rescind the appointment of Linda Kauderer to said position until such time that proper requests and documentation are submitted, reviewed and approved/disapproved by Erie County Personnel; and further, rescind the leave of absence for Linda Kauderer and return her to her former position of Account Clerk/Mini Computer Operatorand authorize the Supervisor to complete and sign the necessary forms for Erie County Personnel.

On the question, Councilman Hart stated that Ms. Kauderer will remain in the Comptroller’s Office until the legal issues presented by Erie County Personnel are resolved.

Ayes: (2) Supervisor Meegan, Councilman Hanley
    Noes: (1) Councilman Hart
    Motion Carried
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

So it would appear some of these patronage positions can be rescinded if the correct authority gets involved. BRAVO !
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information