Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rats invading West Seneca!

Rats invading West Seneca!

Rats invading West Seneca! FYI
    Cover your trash cans,fill in your foundation holes and call the town to complain. I have noticed an awful amount of tracks latley and actually saw 2 large rats cross East & Weat road in the daylight last week. I contacted my son who said he was just talking to a friend of his that works for Orkin and yes the town is being invaded by rats. The main reason is that Buffalo, town of Cheektowaga, Depew and others have gone to the big garbage cans with the heavy flip down lids. By cutting off their food supply, they travel until they can find easy access to garbage/food. I was told many West Seneca residents just bag extra garbage and put it on the ground.

"They can contaminate the food supply, destroy property, and rats deposit their droppings wherever they go which spread disease. The best method of controlling rats is preventing them in the first place. Examine the foundations of your home and storage buildings. Look for openings where rats could gain entry, and repair any cracks or gaps. Fill in areas around pipes and plumbing with steel wool and caulking.Don't provide rats with food and shelter by letting trash accumulate on your property. Store trash in covered containers, and remove it on a regular basis. Haul away old appliances, and keep grass and weeds mowed. Make your property and yard less accommodating to rats, and they won't make themselves at home in your home."

Quote Originally Posted by luv2fish View Post
    Rats invading West Seneca! FYI
    Cover your trash cans,fill in your foundation holes and call the town to complain. I have noticed an awful amount of tracks latley and actually saw 2 large rats cross East & Weat road in the daylight last week. I contacted my son who said he was just talking to a friend of his that works for Orkin and yes the town is being invaded by rats. The main reason is that Buffalo, town of Cheektowaga, Depew and others have gone to the big garbage cans with the heavy flip down lids. By cutting off their food supply, they travel until they can find easy access to garbage/food. I was told many West Seneca residents just bag extra garbage and put it on the ground.

"They can contaminate the food supply, destroy property, and rats deposit their droppings wherever they go which spread disease. The best method of controlling rats is preventing them in the first place. Examine the foundations of your home and storage buildings. Look for openings where rats could gain entry, and repair any cracks or gaps. Fill in areas around pipes and plumbing with steel wool and caulking.Don't provide rats with food and shelter by letting trash accumulate on your property. Store trash in covered containers, and remove it on a regular basis. Haul away old appliances, and keep grass and weeds mowed. Make your property and yard less accommodating to rats, and they won't make themselves at home in your home."
    One word: Totes!
    **free is a trademark of the current U.S. government.

Quote Originally Posted by mikenold View Post
    One word: Totes!
    The town can provide them for free, like Cheektowaga did.

The town is in the process of it.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Bungeld bids

TOTES YOU SAY! YES We should of had them I hear, but the stooges once again somehow dropped the ball and did not accept bids properly. By the time taxpayers actually recieve a tote at their house may not be untill next fall at the eariliest. Then it will be another couple years for the rat population to decrease.

If your looking for the largest infestation of rats, just go to town hall.

On a more serious note, residents will be blamed for the rat problem! When in reality it's the reckless dumping of trash by businesses that are to blame.
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by FMD View Post
    If your looking for the largest infestation of rats, just go to town hall.

On a more serious note, residents will be blamed for the rat problem! When in reality it's the reckless dumping of trash by businesses that are to blame.
    You know better than that FMD. Yes there are businesses that contribute to the rat issue but so are various home owners/property owners who contribute to the issue.

Name one example of reckless dumping of trash by a business in your community. I believe littering is against the law.

How about the Tony Walker Center in Amherst?

Wendy's on Main in Williamsville?
    Mc Donald's?
    The various restaurants on Main St in the village?

This part of Amherst has NEVER had a rat problem until The Walker Center was built, along with La Nova's. Up until that time, you NEVER saw a rat.

Now we get restaurants, and all of a sudden we have rats and it's magically the fault of home owners?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    So Tony WAlker, Wendy's, McDonald's are "recklessly dumping of trash" ?

A little fault by all not just one group in the case of rats.

Rats were never a problem till the restaurants moved in

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by FMD View Post
    Rats were never a problem till the restaurants moved in
    I didn't ask you that. I said "So Tony WAlker, Wendy's, McDonald's are "recklessly dumping of trash" ? "

If you want let me know when they are recklessly dumping trash and we'll go video record it. There are fines for littering.

What restaurant do hu know of that doesn't have a dirty garbage filled area around their dumpsters?

Plus add in their 55gallon drum, or other container for used grease...

TOTES YOU SAY! YES We should of had them I hear, but the stooges once again somehow dropped the ball and did not accept bids properly. By the time taxpayers actually recieve a tote at their house may not be untill next fall at the eariliest. Then it will be another couple years for the rat population to decrease.
    Hey chicken little, do you want to drive down my street tomorrow and count the blue totes? It's garbage night...

They're all over town. I started noticing them at least a week ago, and I never pay attention to things like this. I got mine last week some time.
    Shoot first, ask questions later, right?

Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd View Post
    Hey chicken little, do you want to drive down my street tomorrow and count the blue totes? It's garbage night...

They're all over town. I started noticing them at least a week ago, and I never pay attention to things like this. I got mine last week some time.
    Shoot first, ask questions later, right?
    LOL I still do not have them on my street. Now do you think the rats will just move on in a few weeks? How long will it take. This got done because of people complaining and shooting. If your happy with our leadership in this town thats your right and I accept it. For all the other complainers out there, keep up the good work.

LOL I still do not have them on my street. Now do you think the rats will just move on in a few weeks? How long will it take. This got done because of people complaining and shooting. If your happy with our leadership in this town thats your right and I accept it. For all the other complainers out there, keep up the good work.
    I want people to complain. I want them to be watching. I want them active.

What I don't want are people habitually crying about made up things.

Do you have rats? I don't. Did the rats I didn't have move to your neighborhood this week?
    Do you notice more rats in your neighborhood, or are you squawking again?

My buddy on the other side of WS got his totes Monday. Hopefully you and your neighbors can fend off the hordes of rats and the plague for another week until the 5 guys on a truck drop off your totes...good luck, brother, and watch your six, those rats are ruthless!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information