Thread: Lancaster Planning Board recommends rezone denial to Town Board for construction of S

Lancaster Planning Board recommends rezone denial to Town Board for construction of S

By unanimous vote, the Lancaster Planning Board recommended the Town Board deny the rezone petition submitted by Calamar & The Vine Wesleyan Church, 5335 William Street, for the purpose of building a three-story, 104 unit Senior Residential Apartment building. The Planning Board (PB) determined the project did not fit the character of the neighborhood and should be considered “spot rezoning”.

More...

Interesting. So they sell it 2 years later

• 5335 William St., The Wesleyan Church of Western New York District Inc. to K&K Development of Alden, $650,000

I wonder what they're planning on putting there.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    I wonder what they're planning on putting there.
    Good question. They did sell the land that was against Summerfield Drive, as it looks like they are putting up houses there.

I wonder if the residents will have the same concerns as they did with the senior development, if this turns out to be a housing development.

Concern about wildlife on property – endangered species may be on the property

Loss of greenspace – aesthetics was what the neighborhood attracted to their moving there

Georgia L Schlager

This is from last October -
    THE FOLLOWING RESOLUTION WAS OFFERED
    BY COUNCIL MEMBER STEMPNIAK, WHO
    MOVED ITS ADOPTION, SECONDED BY
    COUNCIL MEMBER ABRAHAM, TO WIT:

WHEREAS, the Vine Wesleyan Church of Lancaster
    , 5335 Williams Street, Lancaster, New York 14086 has heretofore applied for approval of a nine (9) single family home development to be known as the AVine Subdivision@ located on the east side of Bowen Road at the entrance of Summerfield Drive in the Town of Lancaster, and

WHEREAS
    , the Planning Board and Town Engineer have given their approval to the filing of this Subdivision, and

WHEREAS,
    the Town, acting as lead agency has completed an environmental review in conformance with SEQR (State Environmental Quality Review) regulations, and

WHEREAS
    , the Town Board of the Town of Lancaster has duly reviewed and considered the proposed subdivision;

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT
    RESOLVED, as follows:
    1. That the Town Board of the Town of Lancaster hereby approves the proposed nine (9) single family home development final plat as prepared by Tredo Engineers dated July 20, 2010 and filed with the Town Clerk on July 27, 2010 for said development to be known as the AVine Subdivision@ for filing in the Erie County Clerk=s office.
    2. That the Town Clerk be and is hereby directed to properly endorse the approval of the Town Board of the Town of Lancaster on the linen copy thereof.
    The question of the adoption of the foregoing resolution was duly put to a vote on roll call, which resulted as follows:
    COUNCIL MEMBER ABRAHAM VOTED YES
    COUNCIL MEMBER AQUINO VOTED YES
    COUNCIL MEMBER RUFFINO VOTED YES
    COUNCIL MEMBER STEMPNIAK VOTED YES
    SUPERVISOR GIZA VOTED YES
    October 18, 2010

Georgia L Schlager

Nieghbors did that to me

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    I wonder if the residents will have the same concerns as they did with the senior development, if this turns out to be a housing development.

Concern about wildlife on property – endangered species may be on the property

Loss of greenspace – aesthetics was what the neighborhood attracted to their moving there
    my neighbors once complained about a hundred acre give or take a few that I owned with my sisters. they did not want to give up their free park. it was zoned agriculture so I posted the land put a electric barb wire fence up and let a farmer lease the land for is dairy herd he wanted to enlarge. renting the dozer was the most fun I leveled the land by their houses and planted clover so the cows would spend more time by their houses.
    they went nuts tried to sue me for using my own land the way it was zoned for. by the time they were done sueing me (which was thrown out of court. ) most o the Hundred acres was not only cleared it was covered with cow pies. they did manage to get the town into rezoning the entire area. residential thinking it would stop me but they soon found out I was Grandfathered. as long as the place was farmed. they did do me a favor though. Ryan homes bought me out and build a hundred houses on that land. we split the money paid up our mortages and banked the rest.
    now these people who wanted my land as a free park have no open land just a hundred a some houses looking into their back yards.
    One good thing about growing old is your secrets are safe with your friends they can't remember them either

Originally posted by grandpabob:
    my neighbors once complained about a hundred acre give or take a few that I owned with my sisters. they did not want to give up their free park. it was zoned agriculture so I posted the land put a electric barb wire fence up and let a farmer lease the land for is dairy herd he wanted to enlarge. renting the dozer was the most fun I leveled the land by their houses and planted clover so the cows would spend more time by their houses.
    they went nuts tried to sue me for using my own land the way it was zoned for. by the time they were done sueing me (which was thrown out of court. ) most o the Hundred acres was not only cleared it was covered with cow pies. they did manage to get the town into rezoning the entire area. residential thinking it would stop me but they soon found out I was Grandfathered. as long as the place was farmed. they did do me a favor though. Ryan homes bought me out and build a hundred houses on that land. we split the money paid up our mortages and banked the rest.
    now these people who wanted my land as a free park have no open land just a hundred a some houses looking into their back yards.
    Good for you, You should have raised skunks, too.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by granpabob View Post
    LOVE it.

Thread Information