Thread: Dan McParlane

Dan McParlane

The West Seneca Community lost a young and active member today in a tragic accident. Tragic on so many levels in that he was young, it happened so close to the holidays, etc.

My heart goes out to his family and friends.
    Last edited by dtwarren; November 28th, 2013 at 03:59 PM. Reason: typo fix
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

What a tragic loss of a young man's life. I can't believe they let the driver post bail and go home! What an outrage. You stop and think of what could have been with Dan's whole future in front of him. When will people wake up and realize that drinking and driving puts all of us at risk every day. That man should be in jail and not sitting home with his family today. My thoughts and prayers are with Dan's family. May they find comfort in the prayers that are being sent their way.

Quote Originally Posted by truth seeker View Post
    What a tragic loss of a young man's life. I can't believe they let the driver post bail and go home! What an outrage. You stop and think of what could have been with Dan's whole future in front of him. When will people wake up and realize that drinking and driving puts all of us at risk every day. That man should be in jail and not sitting home with his family today. My thoughts and prayers are with Dan's family. May they find comfort in the prayers that are being sent their way.
    My understanding is that the accused has not been convicted of anything yet! Am I wrong? He has the same right to bail (which is meant to secure appearance at future proceedings and not to punish) as every other defendant in NY. My thoughts and prayers are with the family of that young man and his family. But that family is no more deserving of thought and prayer because he was a deputy or a Democratic operative than are the dozens of other victims of careless or impaired driving despite 24/7 coverage because he was a Democratic operative. Let's hope that, if there is found to be potential criminal liability, our hapless DA, Frank Sedita XXVII, doesn't bungle it like he did the Corasanti case.

Didn't I read somewhere that the victim (McParlane) had lost control of his car and car was side ways when the accused hit him. The accused was charged with DWI not manslaughter. Does that mean he is not considered responsible for the accident? Aren't there times that someone may have been drinking and involved in an accident in which the other driver was responsible for the accident?

Georgia L Schlager

As more information comes out, it seems there was ice on the road and Dan hit a patch and slid into the oncoming car. It was more weather related than DWI. But it still is wrong to be on the road after having
    too much to drink.

Quote Originally Posted by truth seeker View Post
    As more information comes out, it seems there was ice on the road and Dan hit a patch and slid into the oncoming car. It was more weather related than DWI. But it still is wrong to be on the road after having
    too much to drink.
    I agree about the drinking and driving but sometimes people jump the gun on blame. A sober person could run a red light and be hit by someone under the influence of alcohol. Right away, it's the drinker's fault. I don't drink.

I feel bad for the family of the victim and feel badly for the accused.

Georgia L Schlager

I believe the authorities are letting the family grieve for their loss of a family member.Eventually the full truth will come out as to what exactly happened.If you are drunk and involved in a accident you are guilty. Of course there has to be bail, murderers get out on bail.The accused will get his day in court.Do we really need instant info on this horrible accident?A prayer for all involved could be best for now.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Just curious. What if both were under the influence of alcohol?

The refusal of the authorities to release information that is a matter of public record and must be disclosed by law sounds like a cover up of something to me. It's a traffic accident for heaven 's sake, not a national security matter. What are they hiding and why? Any guesses?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Just curious. What if both were under the influence of alcohol?
    Good question, I always wondered what would happen if both under the influence..Any attorneys out there?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    The refusal of the authorities to release information that is a matter of public record and must be disclosed by law sounds like a cover up of something to me. It's a traffic accident for heaven 's sake, not a national security matter. What are they hiding and why? Any guesses?
    Well couldn't the restaurant and group he was attending be held responsible in some way?

Thread Information