Thread: Change Lackawanna forum under Norm, you did it again

Change Lackawanna forum under Norm, you did it again

This is the newest topic going on:

Quote Originally Posted by luvla
    Quote Originally Posted by cath829
    I think I am the ONLY one who can comment on the Council Clerk job, had it for four years prior to the new one....worked 14 years for the City....I KNOW how they work....inside AND out!! I am VERY glad to be on the outside now....never was one for brown nosing!! LOL!
    In talking with people within the hall the word on you is you worked for the Council, undermined them constantly, was bitter at the Mayor because you wanted to work out of the 3rd floor in Engineering, you put your nose where it did not belong, and when Andrea came along you got even worse. True?
    Luvla,

Undermined five different people AND kept my job for four years?? No, they undermine themselves. Has your integrity or morals ever been compromised??? Well, mine were and I did what I believe I was morally obligated to do....to do my job for ALL five people...what and how each of them wanted from me individually as the Council Clerk. All of them have their own way of how they wanted "their" things handled for each of their wards, whether it was taking direction from Council Members over the phone as to writing "their" memos while they were at different, various locations, for different various reasons. Or sitting in front of me while dictating the work they wanted me to perform, or making and receiving phone calls on their behalf. When I was told NOT to do anything for Andrea, my MORALS and INTEGRITY were compromised, after all SHE was one of my five bosses. I even told the second ward Council Member at the time that I was damned if I do and damned if I don't, but I stood by my morals that I worked for FIVE people.

Were you ever told to change your affiliation to keep your job? I was. Guess, I undermined them on that one because I did NOT do that to keep my job. Again, MY morals and integrity were compromised.

Did you ever have a job where one boss wanted to see and decide the work of one of the other four bosses? I did. Guess I undermined them on that one too, because I worked for each one as they requested!!

Ever work for a boss that only had nasty things to say about one certain individual, with gross hand gestures.....I DID!!

Bitter at the Polanski... (he does not have the respect from me to refer to him as mayor)....let me give you some facts on him....HE is the one who called my parents home to offer the job as Council Clerk to me, sat at my parents dining room table with me, Joe Geyer and my parents to discuss the job HE offered to me. His exact words were that "this is the only position I can offer you at this time, but as soon as I can, I will get you back to Code Enforcement, where you belong". Guarantee he would deny that.....but 8 ears are better than 2.

No, not bitter at polanski because I didn't go back to Code Enforcement....bitter because he is NOT the man he portrays himself to be.

I applied to take the Code Enforcement test, but was denied because the civil service secretary was told not to allow me to take the test as that job was promised to the "newest" Code Enforcement Officer, for him not to run against Kozub for the second ward council position. That particular secretary actually admitted that recently.

While working as Council Clerk for four years, I helped any department that needed it, especially the Clerk's office because according to the City Charter, the Clerk's position falls under the direction of the Council as they see fit. When that office was short on staff, I would assist them, as I did in any office. When the Clerk was out and the Deputy Clerk presided over Council meetings, the minutes from that meeting were typed by me....there wasn't months of waiting till the City Clerk returned for those to be completed as recently happened when the City Clerk was ill.

It is my understanding that the new Council Clerk refuses to help within the Clerk's office for any reason....even though it would benefit the Council from looking like total jackasses. I believe they had to hire another person per diem to help in the Clerk's office. How does that save tax dollars??? It is also my FIRM BELIEF she was hired because she has no morals, just the puppet they were looking for. In fact I know she doesn't have any morals, her and or her husband. But the real deal was, she was going to run against the current 3rd ward council member.
    Have you ever had your boss, in my case five bosses look you in the face and tell you not to worry, that your job was safe, right up until the day of the "Organizational Meeting"? I did! I wanted to be present when the knife went into my back! When you work for people for years and they do not have the decency to look you in the "eye" because of their own hidden agendas....let me know. Andrea was the ONLY one who stood by her word!! Second ward Council Member, I know he had guilt, I have the note he wrote me the night of my termination.
    My 12 year old daughter at the time told me...."Don't worry Mom, at least you don't have to work with phonies anymore"! She said it all!!!!! Words of wisdom from a child!!!
    When I was hired, it wasn't to throw cookies or to be a $31,000 + coffee girl!! I DID MY JOB!!! As far as your comment about sticking my nose where it didn't belong.....NO BROWN NOSE HERE, you?? When you can handle more facts....talk to me luvla!!!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    SO these crap goes on throughout WNY Not just our neck of the woods.

Yes it does....but I am sticking up for myself....too many others are afraid to do just that....stand up for their MORALS and beliefs, and if someone listens to the "talk" within City Hall when it has to do with/about me and questions me on it...should I put my tail between my legs and fall into place???

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Not at all. As long as it's truthful. Now if you were the "coffee girl" and were replaced by another "coffee girl" both of you should be gone. Know what I mean. But if there was someone really doing the work and then replaced by someone not qualified that's wrong.

That happened in Cheektowaga not too long ago. The new town clerk asked to have someone canned and put her friend into the spot. I was told the new person is not qualified at all.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Not at all. As long as it's truthful. Now if you were the "coffee girl" and were replaced by another "coffee girl" both of you should be gone. Know what I mean. But if there was someone really doing the work and then replaced by someone not qualified that's wrong.

That happened in Cheektowaga not too long ago. The new town clerk asked to have someone canned and put her friend into the spot. I was told the new person is not qualified at all.
    No, I wasn't the "coffee" girl....I worked like I said in my first response....I don't think I would have worked 14 years for the city if all I did was prepare cookies and coffee, do you?? It didn't have to do with qualifications....it had to do with someone who LACKED morals AND wouldn't work for/with Andrea. Actually, the position should not exist if you are only there to answer the phones, each Council Member has their own voice mail for each of their numbers. The job should be combined with the City Clerk's office, seeing how the Council is in control of that position also.
    Last edited by cath829; May 4th, 2009 at 03:30 PM.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by cath829 View Post
    No, I wasn't the "coffee" girl....I worked like I said in my first response....I don't think I would have worked 14 years for the city if all I did was prepare cookies and coffee, do you??

Actually yes that is possible. There are a lot of people who produce next to nothing on our payroll. DID you see the new hire at the state level? Joe Mesi is going to head up his very own patronage department. It's odd though because he ran on a platform for reform. Funny way of reforming by following along on status quo.

It didn't have to do with qualifications....it had to do with someone who LACKED morals AND wouldn't work for/with Andrea.

I noticed morals have nothing to do with government as long as it's "legal" technically.

Actually, the position should not exist if you are only there to answer the phones, each Council Member has their own voice mail for each of their numbers. The job should be combined with the City Clerk's office, seeing how the Council is in control of that position also.
    How many phone calls a day do they receive? I really don't know how busy they are.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    How many phone calls a day do they receive? I really don't know how busy they are.
    Well, I really can not say...I have not been there in over a year. But when I was there, calls varied and then we received the new phone system containing voice mail for each number.

And I agree with the rest of your response about the morals and reform.

Thread Information