Just had lunch with a group of friends and was introduced to a gentleman that is thinking of running for Town Supervisor in 2015. He is not 100% sure at this time but will make up his mind in the next 6 months. The great thing about it is that he is not affiliated with any party, is aware of the political scene in WS and WNY and feels he needs to get involved to change the culture. He quoted Thomas Jefferson by saying “Whenever a man has cast a longing eye on offices, a rottenness begins in his conduct.”>>
He says he’s meeting with a couple knowledgeable people about an idea to acquire part of the States developmental center on East and West. This group is big on providing WS youth with a community center which can be a one stop place to meet all the needs of area youth. He said there is a building there with a natatorium ,a very nice gym with hardwood flooring, and plenty of space that would make a great community center for the town. There may be asbestos there but he said that’s one thing his company does and would possibly do it at no cost. Depends on the severity. I know talk is cheap but I think the CC is a great idea. I read something in the pennysaver about that idea about a year ago and heard it vaguely mentioned at a board meeting sometime ago so hopefully oneday it can become a reality