Thread: Recreation

Recreation

>>
    Meegan, Hart and Rusinski do not seem to be rushing to file for that Director of Recreation position civil service test in which Harts friend Craig Kroll holds. Even though they got caught again trying to fill a job with a friends/family member and were told they must go off a civil service list they will still wait as long as possible to file for it.>>
    Also can anyone please help me with West Seneca’s Recreation motto "Recreating" a Better Day by Doing Ordinary Things, in Extraordinary Ways>>
    Mary Josefiak takes credit for it in this Bee article >>
    http://www.westsenecabee.com/news/2012-03-08/Editorial/From_kickball_to_knitting_theres_something_for_eve .html>>
    St Therese of Lisieux is known for that quote but she didn’t have recreation in mind. "The Little Flower of Jesus" was referring to LOVE.>>
    If I was a teacher I would take points off for plagiarism. >>

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Director of Recreation position civil service test
    There has to be rules they need to follow. Anyone just point blank ask them what is going on? These people are basically our employees. Start treating them that way.

Thumbs down

Any one see the new bee article where Meegan is plugging for Kroll and the Recreation summer camp? I give it two months after that is established and they try to sneak him in full time. I've had talks with numerous employees at Recreation prior to Kroll's employment and they had tried for a summer camp and were shut down by town board officials so why now? Why is it so imperative for Kroll to have this? If you read his PowerPoint he claims that the parks program only reaches 350 youth but his camp will reach over 766 but only 96 campers will be participating each week. Uh excuse me but besides the enormous amount of spelling errors that have plagued the recreations webpage since Kroll's arrival he also doesn't seem to understand math. If you run a 8 week program with 96 spots and the same 96 kids sign up every week your only reaching 96 kids. Unless the town board plans to only allow each child to participate in only one week in which case that seems like an even worse plan. Let's face it Kroll and the current town board doesn't have what it takes to turn West Senecas Recreation Department into a Hamburg or Orchard Park. If they did they would have never wasted thousands of our dollars auditing the department last year only to hire someone who had no executive experience. They're all just playing a political game, maybe Meegan needs to make Kroll full time so that her son can keep his job at the water authority or Hart has another favor he needs to complete but this summer camp has nothing to do with the needs of our residents. Do I believe most parents in west seneca work full time even during the summer so they cant utilize many programs yes but please tell me how servicing 96 of the close to 10000 youth in our town will be better? I would prefer the town wasted more of ots energy worrying about Kroll's exam before he gets put in charge of an undertaking such as this.

That's so typical of Party Players - if the person has a chance at getting beat out because of a civil service score - you create a new position - then claim the new position gives him experience.

Then you design a "Test" that just so happens to fit what the "Preferred Candidate" knows. Contrary to what most people believe or know - the highering authority helps design the test. They supply job description information - they describe job duties - there's allot more to it - but it sounds like the person you speak of is wired and unless people bring it up at open Board Meetings - he will slide in.

Taxpayers have to speak up - go to the next Board Meeting - during the public speaking portion, speak up, ask them why ?

Or write the Board and state your views - address it to the Town Clerk and ask that it be included in the Town Board Communications and a copy given to each Board member.

Write the Bufnews - tell them you wrote the Board and this is how you feel about the situation.

Just do it - then encourage others who share you views.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Ive been told from a Town Hall contacft that Kroll took many civil service tests and he got a call on one for the county. He said he will leave unless made full time. They want to make him full time now with a pay of about 48k . Thats for a guy that was a recreation aide with the boys and girls club making little more than min wage befor his connections came through with this gig. I have written the 3 stooges many times about Town decisions I do not agree with and will do so again. Why does it seem to me that not many taxpayers complain about these antics going on.

Dont get discouraged !

Your not alone - many times the "Admin" gloss over issues in order to down play them. They count on the media to turn a blind eye and most times they seem too willing to oblige. Don't stop speaking out or writing - if your not already send copies of your opinions to the Buff news, local paper and Town Hall to be included in the communications.

Keep informing others and enlist their help doing the same.

No matter what side of the isle you sit on - be heard - be honest and avoid emotional statements. I am not always good at that

Your a taxpayer - you have a right to be heard. Last tip - keep posting here and tell others about this site - you'd be surprised who reads this.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Thread Information