Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bove is Back!

Since Mr. Lawson announced his candidacy for public office he became a public figure and therefore the statements made about him in this context are guided by the more liberal standard accorded to political speech and he cannot recover unless he proves that the statement was made with "actual malice" -- that is, with knowledge that it was false or with reckless disregard of whether it was false or not. The Constitution, which protects "vehement, caustic and sometimes unpleasantly sharp attacks" in a political context, does not insist on complete verbal precision. Even if a statement about a public figure is incorrect so long as the speaker or writer believes that it is true it is protected speech. The only remedy public figures have in such instances is to develop a thicker skin and to set the record straight.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren View Post
    Since Mr. Lawson announced his candidacy for public office he became a public figure and therefore the statements made about him in this context are guided by the more liberal standard accorded to political speech and he cannot recover unless he proves that the statement was made with "actual malice" -- that is, with knowledge that it was false or with reckless disregard of whether it was false or not. The Constitution, which protects "vehement, caustic and sometimes unpleasantly sharp attacks" in a political context, does not insist on complete verbal precision. Even if a statement about a public figure is incorrect so long as the speaker or writer believes that it is true it is protected speech. The only remedy public figures have in such instances is to develop a thicker skin and to set the record straight.
    http://www.votelawson4smartergovernment.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel View Post
    The WS town funding for director was ended with the Andrew's quitting a half dozen times. The new director Mark Carra (?) is not funded through the town, and the bank account funding his pay will soon run out. Why MC could not have picked up Andrew's pay line I do not understand.

This might be a nice gesture, but hardly is hard support for this find and popular part of the town.

This is a nice thought, but kind of silly in that Americorp pays for the bond issue which was never voted for by the town voters. They pay about five thousand dollars a month in rent to cover the bond. I do not see how you could evict Americorp without a funding source for the remaining bond issue.

As far as the space in the town is concerned, the logical thing would be to help out the Catholic Church and take over the Catherine of Siena building for the police department leaving the jail at town hall where the courts are. That would free area enough within town hall for the needed extra space. Of course, this would also require a bond issue which might require a general election vote.

What is strange with Mr. Lawson is that he was terminated from the town payroll with in the incoming of WP. One of the first things WP wanted to do away with was the summer youth program run by Mr. Lawson as cheap subsidized baby sitting. Much of the labor involved was volunteered. Presumably, Mr. Lawson can smell the youth director job when/if Americorp splits from the town, but why would Mr. Lawson seem to align with WP? He would seem to me to be at odds with WP which brought an end to Mr. Lawson's employment with the town. You have to follow the money, but I don't understnd his reasoning, except that he may have been promised a job by WP given such and such happen.
    Manny,

I would like you to show me where the payments on the bond are made from Americorps. There has been no proof that anything has been paid for the building from Americorps. You throw all these facts around but most of them are untrue. You make people think that you are on top of these issues but all you produce are facts supplied to you by ML. And everyone knows he can't tell a fact from fiction! His article in the Bee was made up of more lies than anything I have ever read. And where do you get the idea that Mr. Lawson was terminated? Did he or the town tell you that? Probably not, because its untrue. Stop having ML give you the info that you write on this blog because it makes you look stupid!

Quote Originally Posted by snowwhite View Post
    Manny,

I would like you to show me where the payments on the bond are made from Americorps. There has been no proof that anything has been paid for the building from Americorps. You throw all these facts around but most of them are untrue. You make people think that you are on top of these issues but all you produce are facts supplied to you by ML. And everyone knows he can't tell a fact from fiction! His article in the Bee was made up of more lies than anything I have ever read. And where do you get the idea that Mr. Lawson was terminated? Did he or the town tell you that? Probably not, because its untrue. Stop having ML give you the info that you write on this blog because it makes you look stupid!
    Oh Snow,

Talking to the dwarfs again are you? 'Telling fact from fiction' is funny coming from someone who calls herself 'SnowWhite'. HEHEHE. Funny how you WP supporters can speculate all you wish about ML, but foam at the mouth at speculation at WP or his supporters Jarczyk and Lawson. My speculation is that which motivates most posters here, including you, is money (jobs), with the public good and saving taxes a distant second.

BTW, no I do not get information from Mark. Town government comes up in daily conversations all the time. Opinions are like A-holes, everyone has one.

Oh Snow,

Talking to the dwarfs again are you? 'Telling fact from fiction' is funny coming from someone who calls herself 'SnowWhite'. HEHEHE. Funny how you WP supporters can speculate all you wish about ML, but foam at the mouth at speculation at WP or his supporters Jarczyk and Lawson. My speculation is that which motivates most posters here, including you, is money (jobs), with the public good and saving taxes a distant second.

BTW, no I do not get information from Mark. Town government comes up in daily conversations all the time. Opinions are like A-holes, everyone has one.
    Like always, you side step the job I asked you to do. Show proof that Americorps paid money toward the bond. Do a FOIL and come up with the documents to show what you say is true. You never address the issue at hand, but always give snide remarks to take away from the real issue. And I don't for one minute believe that the info you spout is from daily conversations with your patients. This is truly ML talking his rubbish. Too bad you can't form your own opinions and have to run to Marky for back up on what is written here.

Like always, you side step the job I asked you to do.
    Why should I do any 'job' you ask me to do? How ridiculous is that? I know what the origional agreement was between the town and Americorp, and trust our town government to see that it happens.
    I don't for one minute believe that the info you spout is from daily conversations with your patients. This is truly ML talking his rubbish. Too bad you can't form your own opinions and have to run to Marky for back up on what is written here.
    It is too bad about your fallout with Mark and that you are so bitter, or else you could ask him yourself. Indeed, many who I see during a week are town, county and state employees, past and present. Many have the direct insight you also claim to have, and my information is that not all is peachy in Wally's World. Go ahead and don't believe me, you live in Fantasy Land already anyway.

Manny,
    And where do you get the idea that Mr. Lawson was terminated?
    While employed at the WS Youth Breau for seven years he developed such programs as Spring Break and Summer camps, Battle of the Bands/Coffeehouse Night, Movie Night at the Burchfield, Street Slam hockey tournament and Haloween haunted hay ride. As youth director he worked hand in hand with YES...
    He worked for SEVEN years there, seemed to be doing a good job, and then left when WP came on board. Coincidentally, WP was cleaning house at that time... Burchfield girls, town attorney, comptroller... anybody he could get rid of he did whether they were doing a good job or not. One program WP was directly involved in eliminating was the Summer camps. At about that time for one reason or another Jim Lawson set off to persue opportunities in the private sector which since have fallen through.
    Most recently, he held the position of development and marketing director for Kainos Partners/Dunkin Donuts.

Lightbulb

snow white your unbelieveable.. climb back into your hole and dream up some more lies.

WALLY NEEDS TO GO-HE SUPPORTS NOTHING POSIVITE FOR THE DEVOLPMENT OF NOT ONLY THIS TOWN BUT THE YOUTH-OR THE FUTURE LEADERS OF THIS TOWN- how do you expect our town to grow if their is no support for those who need to grow?
    if it wasn't for bove and graber, ws would be in shambles

get your facts
    Last edited by eagle246810; April 5th, 2009 at 05:02 PM. Reason: add to post

He worked for SEVEN years there, seemed to be doing a good job, and then left when WP came on board. Coincidentally, WP was cleaning house at that time... Burchfield girls, town attorney, comptroller... anybody he could get rid of he did whether they were doing a good job or not. One program WP was directly involved in eliminating was the Summer camps. At about that time for one reason or another Jim Lawson set off to persue opportunities in the private sector which since have fallen through.
    Mr. Lawson was not let go by WP, he was let go by ML because ML had no use for him once he started looking better at running youth programs than ML did. If you notice and you probably don't because you have a blind spot for ML, anyone who was doing a good job was let go by ML because it doesn't look good if the boss isn't the shining star. The only ones who can work for ML now, are the young inexperienced students who don't know they are being munipulated by an ego-maniac.

Mr. Lawson was not let go by WP, he was let go by ML because ML had no use for him once he started looking better at running youth programs than ML did.
    How do you go from he was not let go to he was let go but by X not Y?
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by eagle246810 View Post
    snow white your unbelieveable.. climb back into your hole and dream up some more lies.

WALLY NEEDS TO GO-HE SUPPORTS NOTHING POSIVITE FOR THE DEVOLPMENT OF NOT ONLY THIS TOWN BUT THE YOUTH-OR THE FUTURE LEADERS OF THIS TOWN- how do you expect our town to grow if their is no support for those who need to grow?
    if it wasn't for bove and graber, ws would be in shambles

get your facts
    Welcome Eagle!
    If you haven't already noticed our town is in a shambles because our town board is very disfunctional. Have you been to a town board meeting lately? It's a disgrace the way Bove and Graber refuse to answer the citizens questions for fear that they might have to tell the truth. They refuse to talk to each other and only accomplish things out of spite. I'm not on here talking about Wally if you happen to notice, but I am talking about ML and the mess he has left this town in. That is a bigger problem than most people can even imagine.

I'm not on here talking about Wally if you happen to notice, but I am talking about ML
    Of course you are talking about ML because he is first hand personal with you. Tell us your first hand story Snow. How did ML stick it to you and poison your apple?

Welcome Eagle!
    If you haven't already noticed our town is in a shambles because our town board is very disfunctional. Have you been to a town board meeting lately? It's a disgrace the way Bove and Graber refuse to answer the citizens questions for fear that they might have to tell the truth. They refuse to talk to each other and only accomplish things out of spite. I'm not on here talking about Wally if you happen to notice, but I am talking about ML and the mess he has left this town in. That is a bigger problem than most people can even imagine.

I agree the communication on the board is a cause for concern. It has turned into a political war. these problems were never worked out properly only sugarcoated to make it look like everything is in tiptop shape. ML however is not the problem. People think that americorp is buryong this town. Quite the contrary. Hell since the seperation 25% of the town clerks work load was eliminated. Funny how they..i mean she.. still seem to get thousands apon thousands of OT. Want to fix this town? Start slandering those who are in it for the money..not the end result.

Quote Originally Posted by eagle246810 View Post
    I agree the communication on the board is a cause for concern. It has turned into a political war. these problems were never worked out properly only sugarcoated to make it look like everything is in tiptop shape. ML however is not the problem. People think that americorp is buryong this town. Quite the contrary. Hell since the seperation 25% of the town clerks work load was eliminated. Funny how they..i mean she.. still seem to get thousands apon thousands of OT. Want to fix this town? Start slandering those who are in it for the money..not the end result.
    So you don't think that Americorps owing the town over 2 million dollars is not a concern? How do you figure that? And as far as the town clerk's job, the department that was most impacted by Americorps was the comtrollers office. Who is in it for the money and not the end result? Please explain what you mean.

So you don't think that Americorps owing the town over 2 million dollars is not a concern? How do you figure that? And as far as the town clerk's job, the department that was most impacted by Americorps was the comtrollers office. Who is in it for the money and not the end result? Please explain what you mean.
    Rolling debt is the answer to your question. The original grants were administered to TWS because AmeriCorps was a town dept. Now, americorps is paying the debt back federally. Funny how our national government supports progams that our miesly little town despises.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information