Thread: Time For Change... Get the word out.

Time For Change... Get the word out.

Now is the timefor change.....The sooner the signs go up the better. The people of lace w:st="on">Lancasterlace> need to knowthere are fresh candidates that are ready to help Dino. Start writing The Bee,telling your friends and neighbors, get the word out. No more onesided politics and nepotism.

Quote Originally Posted by GOP5959 View Post
    Now is the timefor change.....The sooner the signs go up the better. The people of lace w:st="on">Lancasterlace> need to knowthere are fresh candidates that are ready to help Dino. Start writing The Bee,telling your friends and neighbors, get the word out. No more onesided politics and nepotism.

What is this?
    "lace w:st="on">Lancasterlace>"
    How's the Ethics committee doing Mr Montanino?

Georgia L Schlager

I am not sure why all of my text got messed up...??? That part was to read Lancaster I did not add all that.... The board has been quiter than I expected but we do meet for the first time June 25th at 6pm. I will keep you posted Gorja.

I am not sure why all of my text got messed up...??? That part was to read Lancaster I did not add all that.... The board has been quiter than I expected but we do meet for the first time June 25th at 6pm. I will keep you posted Gorja.
    That is really going to be the FIRST time you meet on June 25. Isn't that almost a year?

According to the TOwn code the Annual disclosure statements must be filed by April 30th of each year and on or before May 15th of each year the Board of Ethics shall ascertain and verify that every required individual has filed the required disclosure statement.

How can this be done if you don't meet until June 25?

Georgia L Schlager

That is what the meeting is for to review Disclosure statements. From what I understand the meeting was pushed back due to scheduling issues.

Before supporters get the word out don't you think they are entitled to know something about the candidates - their backgrounds, qualifications, campaign platform and direction.

The first people to get the word out have to be the endorsed candidates.

I am just excited to see that there is finally someone willing to run.

Just a thought - has anyone here actually called anyone associated with the Republican Party? I mean it sounds like people actually expect these candidates to post here first. - Why ?

The people running are listed in the phone book - call them , say "Hello" - May name is so and so I'd like to meet with you if thats convenient"

Try and be proactive in your quest for information about the candidates.

If I was one of them, I would place a platform statement in the Bee or Source.

I suspect some people want an open post on a forum so they can anonymously find reasons to belittle or tear down - rather than look for reasons to support.

What actions would you take if the candidate's platform sounds good ?
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

I am just excited to see that there is finally someone willing to run.
    When and if the Lancaster Board of Ethics receives and reviews the over due Town Employees financial disclosures - if and when they do - will they be made available for "Public" viewing - and will this happen prior to election time this fall ?
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    When and if the Lancaster Board of Ethics receives and reviews the over due Town Employees financial disclosures - if and when they do - will they be made available for "Public" viewing - and will this happen prior to election time this fall ?
    All I can say is the meeting is set for June 25th at 6pm.

All I can say is the meeting is set for June 25th at 6pm.
    They also have it mentioned in a News Brief in the Lancaster Bee -

2013-06-20 / Local News
    News Briefs
    The Ethics Board will hold a meeting at 6 p.m. Tuesday, June 25, in the Lancaster Town Hall boardroom, at 21 Central Ave.

Georgia L Schlager

Thread Information