Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not Your Public School's Lincoln

Not Your Public School's Lincoln

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig2/w-williams1.html

Maybe this is the real reason Obama loves Lincoln so.
    It wasn't the emancipation Lincoln brought forth but the form of government.
    Something to ponder for Monday.
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

It's hard to pick the worst president of all time since there are so many, but Lincoln is number one on my list.
    Most of all I like bulldozers and dirt

Lincoln was the nation's first Republican president!

After I see all the people who are determined that Obama fails, I'm reminded of their tactics with other Democratic presidents. What a bunch of screwups you all are.

Lincoln was an excellent president, even though he kept the US in a war that killed so many. I don't know if that war was worth the end result. I'm not sure if the south would have continued with their secession. That was the choice: secession or slavery. The south was entirely reliant on the north for manufacturing their cotton into goods, and all machinery. They had invented nothing.

He surprised everyone. He knew people hated him and made fun of him, but he stayed his course and changed history.

I know that Obama wants everyone to think of him in the light of Lincoln. But, I hope he isn't like Lincoln in one aspect. I hope he doesn't bring to the people of the USA civil war.

The American Civil War was the deadliest war in American history, causing 620,000 soldier deaths and an undetermined number of civilian casualties. US population = approximately 31,000,000.

In today's figures:

US population = approximately 306,000,000
    Soldier deaths would be 61,200,000

This would not be good!
    **free is a trademark of the current U.S. government.

Quote Originally Posted by speaker View Post

After I see all the people who are determined that Obama fails, I'm reminded of their tactics with other Democratic presidents. What a bunch of screwups you all are.

Lincoln was an excellent president, even though he kept the US in a war that killed so many. I don't know if that war was worth the end result. I'm not sure if the south would have continued with their secession. That was the choice: secession or slavery. The south was entirely reliant on the north for manufacturing their cotton into goods, and all machinery. They had invented nothing.

He surprised everyone. He knew people hated him and made fun of him, but he stayed his course and changed history.
    Please be aware lincoln was quoted on many occasions that he would have allowed slavery to continue if it would have stop the secession of the south! Not to mention that only SC and NC had seceeded, it was Lincolns actions to send (originally Robert E Lee) a army from the north into the south to quell the rebelion that actually led to the other states to seceed and led to the Civil War.

The South had a thriving economy, one infact that Europe relied on very heavilly for many raw materials! Many economist have said that had the current rate of inventions and innovations not been disturbed in the south by the war that slavery would have been made obsolete by the end of the century. As i learned at UB slavery IS NOT CHEAP, infact southern plantation owners made more off of their "help" AFTER the war than before!
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    Not to mention that only SC and NC had seceeded, it was Lincolns actions to send (originally Robert E Lee) a army from the north into the south to quell the rebelion that actually led to the other states to seceed and led to the Civil War.
    7 states seceded before Lincoln even became president. NC was the _last_ state to secede. Do you just make stuff up?

Quote Originally Posted by dave338 View Post
    7 states seceded before Lincoln even became president. NC was the _last_ state to secede. Do you just make stuff up?

A apologize I ment GA not NC, your right VA, NC, Tenn, and Ark did not seceed until after Licolon took office, but it was the election in Nov that lead to SC being the first state to leave the union!

And acutally Tenn was the last to leave on June 8, 1861!

You say this like you're the only one who knows this. What does Lincoln's political affiliation have to do with anything? If this were an important fact that wasn't followed up on by you, why isn't Obama Republican?
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Quote Originally Posted by mikenold View Post
    I know that Obama wants everyone to think of him in the light of Lincoln. But, I hope he isn't like Lincoln in one aspect. I hope he doesn't bring to the people of the USA civil war.

The American Civil War was the deadliest war in American history, causing 620,000 soldier deaths and an undetermined number of civilian casualties. US population = approximately 31,000,000.

In today's figures:

US population = approximately 306,000,000
    Soldier deaths would be 61,200,000

This would not be good!
    I think what he wants is less power in the States and more power in the Federal government via the Democratic party. How do we start? I suppose moving the leadership of the census bureau is as good a start as any.

Quote Originally Posted by mesue View Post
    You say this like you're the only one who knows this. What does Lincoln's political affiliation have to do with anything? If this were an important fact that wasn't followed up on by you, why isn't Obama Republican?

Not to mention DEM see the repubs as the party of Racists but it was the DEM's of the south that controlled the CSA and the repubs of the north that freed the slaves!

So sorry, oh great know it alls.

So sorry, oh great know it alls.
    It's OK, we all make mistakes. But, we can also forgive.
    **free is a trademark of the current U.S. government.

Oh, thank the Lord.

It was a mistake that I said Lincoln was the first Republican president?

If any of you kept tabs on the gist of things, you would remember I was a Republican for many years as was my whole family.

Although some of you claim literacy and can read the bible, you can't seem to read english.

Oh, thank the Lord.

It was a mistake that I said Lincoln was the first Republican president?
    No, just wondering what it had to do with anything.
    If any of you kept tabs on the gist of things, you would remember I was a Republican for many years as was my whole family.
    Like you're the center of my world that I should keep tract of such things?
    Although some of you claim literacy and can read the bible, you can't seem to read english.
    I can read English very well. This is why I asked you
    Quote Originally Posted by mesue
    What does Lincoln's political affiliation have to do with anything?
    or yours, for that matter.

Mesue--we know you would like to change the focus onto you (and your leg), but I thought it was a first and a newsworthy item. No politics.

This is not about religion, per se, or politics, this is about an American hero and icon and someone we all treasure, Abraham Lincoln. We loved him in grade school, and we still love him. Not everyone agrees with that, but he still is an icon. He was a very strong role model for young people; he was poor, read by candlelight, he chopped wood, he worked hard. He succeeded. Basically, he led the nation out of slavery. He did hold the US together. He died in office.

As a child, it didn't even occur to me to question which political party he belonged to, what church he attended.

Now, as an adult, he still fascinates me, especially when I see what he was up against.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information