Thread: America's Most Miserable Cities

America's Most Miserable Cities

forbs magazine ranks buffalo number #8 as America's Most Miserable Citie to live in. so what do you think? who do you blame? I blame the local intrenched politicians for screwing this place up over the years.

I blame the politicians too. It's the same old, same old, term after term. Nobody comes up with anything new or innovative. There are no incentives for businesses to move into the city. Yet, there are many empty buildings, warehouses, etc. Yes, it's tough doing business in New York State but the city ought to be in the position to offer something.

This is a statistical analysis, and statistics can be misleading," said Ed Healy, CVB spokesman. "It doesn't take into account what I think of as the quality-of-life features in Buffalo — arts and culture, recreational opportunities, our beautiful summers, close-knit communities, walkable neighborhoods and affordable real estate." (From today's 'Buffalo News')

That's because you're PAID to say this S, Healy!!!!

"Talking proud," "the friendliest city," "the city of good neighbors," (we're superior to the suburbs in the last two respects but otherwise, Buffalo BITES!!).

Course 'The Buffalo News' and any other newspaper in the Forbe's top 10 miserable city list is not going to agree with what may be the truth.
    Coincidence is the word we use when we can't see the levers and pulleys.

Emma Bull

Forbes listed "Snow" as our biggest problem.
    I don't think I'll ever be able to take Forbes seriously again.

BTW - Chicago and Miami are on the same list.
    Keep in mind how miserable you are next time you go there for vacation.... :roll:

again, Parks are our strengths, factor in outdoor sports too. Pond hockey? How utterly charming.

I have relatives who visit me in winter b/c they love Holiday Valley, they especially love that its only a 45 minute drive from Buffalo. I have relatives who visit me in the summer for, well, some of the best summer weather in the world. Our air is relatively clean, we have lake breezes. We have fresh water. We have one the seven natural wonders of the world within a 15 minute drive along the beau flueve. it's beautiful here. I mentioned a friend of mine who came back to Buffalo last summer after 30 years in Los Angeles who could not believe how green & clean our streets looked. Our quality of life is high if you can get past the politics.
    Last edited by buffy; February 11th, 2009 at 01:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anotherview View Post
    I blame the politicians too. ...
    I blame the voters.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Barb Dwyer View Post
    I blame the voters.
    That's a tough one. There are people who vote because they are on the receiving end. For them it might not be so miserable

Quote Originally Posted by cheekman View Post
    forbs magazine ranks buffalo number #8 as America's Most Miserable Citie to live in. so what do you think? who do you blame? I blame the local intrenched politicians for screwing this place up over the years.
    You gotta blame the voters. Like it or not, most people who are elected do exactly what they are supposed to do by those who vote them in.

Do you think these politicians comes up with this stuff? No. The deal is a group of people say "we vote for you" and in return "you vote for us"....

The reason why things are so jacked is those with their hand out VOTE in solid blocks. You could put a monkey up for office and if they have the right endorsements they would get the votes.

Now some people think you simply need to "get in on the inside" with these people. That is a stupid idea. They are already bought and paid for. They are already owned.

NYS, WNY and Buffalo screw over small business because small business owners do not get anyone elected. The average taxpayer gets shafted because they do not have a collective vote OR simply vote party lines because they are too ignorant to see the difference between Federal and State and Muni elections and parties.

Miserable now thats an understatment,this would be a swell place to live if it were not for the 95% of the A holes who live here. This state is the A hole of the world it sucks. So yes when I am surrounded by stupid I am Miserable.

"miserable" is a state of mind , change your mindset , think positive , you are what you say , you get what you say , read "The Secret" , believe good things in your life , not your location , I could be anywhere in the world & not be miserable , not always , but the majority of the time I'd be happy , life's too short to brood or feel sorry for yourself or be miserable , there's so much out there to be joyful about , "Believe It Into Existence" , get rid of the negative thought processes that we've been brought up on , those are habits we fall into , well you can just as easily fall into a positive habit of feeling good about one's situation , count your blessings , we all have things I'm sure we know we're lucky to have or be , it's attitude , not location...........
    And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15
    www.onlinemedia.net - www.vinyl-graphics.com

Quote Originally Posted by Anotherview View Post
    I blame the politicians too. It's the same old, same old, term after term. Nobody comes up with anything new or innovative. There are no incentives for businesses to move into the city. Yet, there are many empty buildings, warehouses, etc. Yes, it's tough doing business in New York State but the city ought to be in the position to offer something.
    Sounds like the signs of witchcraft workers continually in control here.

The signs are no growth , same policies stay in power no new innovative ideas are allowed to be implemented., they call this area of the country satan's playground

Quote Originally Posted by Barb Dwyer View Post
    I blame the voters.
    I blame the voters too. We continually vote the same people in. It's like we're crackwhores or something. We know they are bad for us and we vote the same ones in anyways.
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bringthetruth View Post
    they call this area of the country satan's playground
    Who are "they"?
    The voices in your head?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Sue Forbes.

Quote Originally Posted by 300miles View Post
    Who are "they"?
    The voices in your head?
    Wouldn't you like to know, I would too.

Thread Information