Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Center

I would have to say people have cabin fever, and want to get out of the house. I went on Saturday and it was nuts, shows like this bring out all kinds of people some of them are farmers, and smell as bad as their cattle. Then you have the rednecks they were out in force. I did find some really nice buys on pistols that I was looking for ammo was around but not a lot.
    2010 Pistol Championship
    Army Staff Sgt. Robert Park II 3515-182x

Quote Originally Posted by cheekman View Post
    Wait time for a PP now averg about 20 months to 2 years.. what BS that is.
    I think that's a violation of NY law. I'd also say it's a violation of the 2nd Amendment
    I didn't even know about the gunshow. I probably would have gone, although I've heard prices were insane from a few different people
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    I think that's a violation of NY law. I'd also say it's a violation of the 2nd Amendment
    I didn't even know about the gunshow. I probably would have gone, although I've heard prices were insane from a few different people
    Shark,EC in holding up the process for sure.. Prices were high but lots of people buying. I was looking at a very nice M1 carbine but the guy was way off on his price. so i told him to put it where the sun dont shine.. I really like this show but the goofballs walking around was a bit much.. it looked like walmart during the first of the month.

Proposed ban on popular bullet triggers run on ammo sales.
    A proposed federal ban on the manufacture and sale of popular ammunition for AR-15 semiautomatic rifles has prompted angry gun enthusiasts to stock up on the coveted bullets.

Last month, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives announced that it was seeking to ban the armor-piercing 5.56-millimeter bullet commonly used in AR-15 semiautomatic rifles. The agency said the proposed ban was "to protect the lives and safety of law enforcement officers from the threat posed by ammunition capable of penetrating a protective vest."
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/proposed...tag=YHF4eb9d17
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Good show... Akron Gun Show March 14-15 newstead vol fire company 5691 cummings rd . sat 9am-4pm sun 9am -3pm.

I will be around signing autographs limited to 100 on each day.. I will have my pink 100% anti obama hat on sat. and sunday my red Lancaster redskins hat.

Millions upon millions of M855 rounds have been sold and used in the U.S., yet the ATF has not even alleged, much less offered evidence, that even one such round has been fired from a handgun at a police officer,” they wrote.

A top official with the firearms industry’s trade association called the White House’s argument “bogus.”

“All rifle ammo made with lead ammo is able to penetrate a soft body ‘vest’ because of the high velocity of rifle rounds,” said Lawrence Keane, senior vice president and general counsel of the National Shooting Sports Foundation. “So banning M855 does not advance law officer safety. No police officer has ever been shot and killed with a so-called ‘armor piercing’ bullet fired from a handgun that penetrated a vest.”

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...56-ammunition/

https://www.nraila.org/take-action/w...rs/stop-batfe/

By all means we should wait till a cop or two get killed before we have this discussion then.

b.b.

Quote Originally Posted by BorderBob View Post
    By all means we should wait till a cop or two get killed before we have this discussion then.

b.b.
    you have no clue ... All rifle bullets will pierce a bulletproof vest, AP rounds are made to pierce vehicles. Thugs in the city that will shoot at cops.. most common have a 9 or 38 they are not using NATO rounds.

ron watson on the safe act yesterdays snooze.. SAFE Act is off-target on basic rights .

I get depressed thinking about New York’s latest attack on the Second Amendment.

But I probably shouldn’t say that out loud – they might take my pistol permit and my gun.

That’s what is happening to people – including two from Erie County – who seek treatment for depression or insomnia after dealing with life’s traumas, according to a lawsuit being heard this month against the state, a police agency and at least one hospital.

The lawsuit blames the SAFE Act, best known for its ban on so-called “assault weapons” but which also mandates that doctors and nurses report any patients they deem “likely to engage in conduct that will cause serious harm to self or others.”

None is a gangbanger or drug dealer. None has a mental health history that would suggest a shooting rampage. They sought medical help to deal with life’s ups and downs and ended up losing their right to protect their homes.
    http://www.buffalonews.com/columns/r...ights-20150304

Targeting people like that doesn’t make me feel one bit SAFEer

don hey.Spot On Rod! More people need to be aware of this. I put a similar article in my local paper this week. And don't forget David Lewis. The Amherst librarian that fell victim to The Safe Act in the spring of 2013 just after the passage of this Un-Constitutional Law. The entire Safe Act was nothing more than political posturing by an egotistical governor.

Cuomo has done more to hurt NY sportsmen and women than any single person in this state's history. The "SAFE" (Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement) Act was debated in closed session without committee hearings, and Gov. Andrew Cuomo signed it into law within an hour of its passage -- after waiving the required three-day public comment period. This 80 page legislation was passed late into the night... literally and figuratively under the cover of darkness. There existed no exigent need as claimed, of the Act's 60 sections, only three (3) took effect on its adoption into law. Cuomo bragged that New York now has the "toughest assault weapons ban" in the country but claimed that the law respects the Second Amendment and preserves the rights of "hunters and sportsmen." The former is true; the latter is not.
    The implementation of SAFE Act is not only going to cost NY state 36 million dollars a year, it has created a hostile environment for both in-state and out of state sports men and women and shooting enthusiasts who now risk committing felony crimes for the countless technical criminal violations created by the SAFE Act for possessing items which can be purchased over the counter in all our neighboring states.
    Last edited by cheekman; March 6th, 2015 at 10:19 AM.

ron watson on the safe act yesterdays snooze.. SAFE Act is off-target on basic rights .

I get depressed thinking about New York’s latest attack on the Second Amendment.

But I probably shouldn’t say that out loud – they might take my pistol permit and my gun.

That’s what is happening to people – including two from Erie County – who seek treatment for depression or insomnia after dealing with life’s traumas, according to a lawsuit being heard this month against the state, a police agency and at least one hospital.

The lawsuit blames the SAFE Act, best known for its ban on so-called “assault weapons” but which also mandates that doctors and nurses report any patients they deem “likely to engage in conduct that will cause serious harm to self or others.”

None is a gangbanger or drug dealer. None has a mental health history that would suggest a shooting rampage. They sought medical help to deal with life’s ups and downs and ended up losing their right to protect their homes.
    http://www.buffalonews.com/columns/r...ights-20150304

Targeting people like that doesn’t make me feel one bit SAFEer

don hey.Spot On Rod! More people need to be aware of this. I put a similar article in my local paper this week. And don't forget David Lewis. The Amherst librarian that fell victim to The Safe Act in the spring of 2013 just after the passage of this Un-Constitutional Law. The entire Safe Act was nothing more than political posturing by an egotistical governor.

Cuomo has done more to hurt NY sportsmen and women than any single person in this state's history. The "SAFE" (Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement) Act was debated in closed session without committee hearings, and Gov. Andrew Cuomo signed it into law within an hour of its passage -- after waiving the required three-day public comment period. This 80 page legislation was passed late into the night... literally and figuratively under the cover of darkness. There existed no exigent need as claimed, of the Act's 60 sections, only three (3) took effect on its adoption into law. Cuomo bragged that New York now has the "toughest assault weapons ban" in the country but claimed that the law respects the Second Amendment and preserves the rights of "hunters and sportsmen." The former is true; the latter is not.
    The implementation of SAFE Act is not only going to cost NY state 36 million dollars a year, it has created a hostile environment for both in-state and out of state sports men and women and shooting enthusiasts who now risk committing felony crimes for the countless technical criminal violations created by the SAFE Act for possessing items which can be purchased over the counter in all our neighboring states.
    They took the retired policeman's guns away for insomnia...holy crap talk about having the pendulum swing into the ridiculous side of the things.

What BS

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    you have no clue ... All rifle bullets will pierce a bulletproof vest, AP rounds are made to pierce vehicles. Thugs in the city that will shoot at cops.. most common have a 9 or 38 they are not using NATO rounds.
    Go after the Political Party that worked on getting the safe act passed. Ever notice how they name items of their agenda. SafeAct. Why not name it what it is. The "Disarmament Act" supported by the Erie County Democrats.

I don't care if an elected official from the www.ecdems.com say "I don't support the safe act don't blame me!". You know if there was a fund raiser for Andrew Cuomo or President Obama that very same person would be front and center for face time. Don't listen to what they say, watch what they do instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Save Us View Post
    They took the retired policeman's guns away for insomnia...holy crap talk about having the pendulum swing into the ridiculous side of the things.

What BS
    Well, I guess his usefulness to the Elite Class was at an end anyway.

res you have most politicians right in this area that voted for it because cuomo put the squeeze on them.. ask pussy boy kennedy why he voted for it ..

good piece with NRA chris cox
    http://video.foxnews.com/v/409435825...#sp=show-clips

Quote Originally Posted by BorderBob View Post

b.b.
    Mission creep,, Bob, surely even you can see that. The president doesn't like guns, so starting with an ammo ban is the back door way of starting it all. Why not ban 30-06 while we are at it? That goes through body armor.

It really doesn't matter anymore anyway, The intent of the second amendment was to give parity of force of civilians to government. Strange how nobody seems to understand that ... I mean nobody. I guess they don't teach that anymore in grammar school or the federal law enforcement training academies. How strange.

Why is that Bob?
    Last edited by Save Us; March 7th, 2015 at 09:31 AM.

Great news today another defeat for obumer and his clowns ... Libs take it on the chin..

ATF decides to drop proposed ban on AR-15 ammo..

Good news for fans of the Second Amendment as the ATF has backed down on their plan to ban AR-15 ammunition after massive public outcry.

This is freaking awesome.

From The Hill:

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) is pulling back a controversial proposal to ban a form of armor-piercing ammunition commonly used in AR-15 hunting rifles.

In a statement Tuesday afternoon, the ATF said it will not seek to issue a final framework for the rule “at this time” after receiving more than 80,000 comments on the proposal, the “vast majority” of which were negative.

“You spoke, we listened,” the ATF tweeted.

The National Rifle Association (NRA) and other gun-rights groups assailed the proposal as an attack on the Second Amendment, and were joined by Republicans in demanding that it be withdrawn.

This is a perfect example of what can happen when people stand up en masse for their rights against a tyrannical government.

Read more at http://www.youngcons.com/atf-decides...lVmBCdlOp8O.99

“You spoke, we listened,” the ATF tweeted.

The National Rifle Association (NRA) and other gun-rights groups assailed the proposal as an attack on the Second Amendment, and were joined by Republicans in demanding that it be withdrawn.

This is a perfect example of what can happen when people stand up en masse for their rights against a tyrannical government.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread Information