Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eminent Domain

Thumbs down Eminent Domain

What would you do if the city, county, whatever government, came knocking on your door and said we want your property to build this fine hotel so we can get more tax revenue/provide more jobs?

Re: Eminent Domain

Originally posted by cabb5560
    What would you do if the city, county, whatever government, came knocking on your door and said we want your property to build this fine hotel so we can get more tax revenue/provide more jobs?
    id be sitting on my front steps with this:
    http://www.remington.com/firearms/shotguns/870mrmag.htm

moonshine
    Nice choice Erieman!

This actually works to our advantage for now.

Why doesn't the state take eminent domain against the NFTA and claim the waterfront property and get the whole development thing going?

Otherwise, I like Erieman's suggestion but I prefer 50 caliber!
    "...give me Liberty or give me a beer and I'll think about it awhile..."

Originally posted by Son of Liberty
    This actually works to our advantage for now.

Why doesn't the state take eminent domain against the NFTA and claim the waterfront property and get the whole development thing going?

Otherwise, I like Erieman's suggestion but I prefer 50 caliber!
    problem is that the media is pushing to outlaw the Barrett .50 firearms. I'll bet it happens within the next few years. They'll never be able to outlaw shotguns! If you want to snipe, buy a 7mm mag.

stevenco

Arrow Re: Eminent Domain

Originally posted by cabb5560
    I'd ask what they were willing to offer. Remember sentiments and memories are not tied to objects. They are in your head. The price is right, then I'll move.

Re: Re: Eminent Domain

Originally posted by stevenco
    I'd ask what they were willing to offer. Remember sentiments and memories are not tied to objects. They are in your head. The price is right, then I'll move.
    my problem is that I just moved in 7 months ago and put many many hours of work into it. I don't feel like moving yet.

However, If they gave me enough to purchase 10 acres in Bennington, as well as a nice down payment on my Natale French Colonial, i'll move in a second.

Wink

Originally posted by ERIEMAN
    problem is that the media is pushing to outlaw the Barrett .50 firearms. I'll bet it happens within the next few years. They'll never be able to outlaw shotguns! If you want to snipe, buy a 7mm mag.

Ahhh, a man after my own heart!

...and we're so misunderstood!
    "...give me Liberty or give me a beer and I'll think about it awhile..."

"Why doesn't the state take eminent domain against the NFTA and claim the waterfront property and get the whole development thing going?"

Because the NFTA is a state agency. They'd be stealing property from themselves.

For many decades, this state agency has done little with the waterfront. In response, the conventional thinkers want to create another state agency to rescue the first one.

Very creative.

And funny too. They wanted local control, so a secretive State bureaucracy will meet in Manhattan and appoint our local controllers: the usual suspects, a/k/a, those whose fingerprints are all over past failed projects.

At least they're looking at Jim Quinn as the local puppet for the Waterfront Agency. I don't remember his role when he was doing it, but he's credited with getting HSBC Arena built.

Too bad the city couldn't eminent domain the toll booths along the I190.

Hummmm......

First thing I'd do is organize the neighbors into an armed revolt... boobytrap the property... find out who's responsible for signing off on okaying our property being taken, steal into their bedroom late one night to do a cuff-n-stuff, and hold them as a prisoner of war...

Then I'd really get angry.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    "Why doesn't the state take eminent domain against the NFTA and claim the waterfront property and get the whole development thing going?"

Yeah why don't we? Who the hell is the NFTA that they can hold on to the land for that long without anything happening?

Originally posted by Jim Ostrowski

Because the NFTA is a state agency. They'd be stealing property from themselves.

For many decades, this state agency has done little with the waterfront. In response, the conventional thinkers want to create another state agency to rescue the first one.

Very creative.

And funny too. They wanted local control, so a secretive State bureaucracy will meet in Manhattan and appoint our local controllers: the usual suspects, a/k/a, those whose fingerprints are all over past failed projects.
    I noticed that, too, but I didn't want to bring that up ... as I'm already noted as the "Queen of Negativity" who's always reminding the pipe-dreamers of reality, all the dreamspinners dismiss my objections. Maybe if they hear it from somebody else ...
    Your right to buy a military weapon without hindrance, delay or training cannot trump Daniel Barden’s right to see his eighth birthday. -- Jim Himes

I'd get my relatives to loan me money, put up the property as collateral, and record the transaction with a deed of trust. This would make my relatives lienholders on my property. Of course, I'd borrow much more than the property is actually worth. If the condemning agency wanted my property, they'd have to pay off the liens to the lenders (my relatives) before they could take title to the property. They would be compelled to buy the property from the leinholders at a cost substantially more then they were originally willing to pay.

You'll still lose your property, but you'll get more for it.
    Data is not the plural of Anecdote.

You have an evil mind, curmie!
    Your right to buy a military weapon without hindrance, delay or training cannot trump Daniel Barden’s right to see his eighth birthday. -- Jim Himes

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information