Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Seats up in 2013 in Lancaster

Hey, heard about a beer cozy being passed out by a candidate running for Lancaster Town Justice. Who is LoCIere?

Where were they coming from - Franks Bar or the Democrats for a better Lancaster head quartered next door ?
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

One would have to be a LUSH to vote for LoCicero. This is an example of why the bars used to be closed on Election day.

Georgia L Schlager

Originally posted by Lee Chowaniec:
    Who is LoCIere?
    Maybe the people who do his printing are lushes too

Georgia L Schlager

I've been seeing Dwan signs around town. I can't seem to slow down enough to see what position he is running for.

Anyone know?

Georgia L Schlager

They just cant get enough ! I guess once you get used to the free money.

But then again - he volunteered to serve in Cheektowaga !

So the Dems are pulling out anyone with deep pockets - look at it like this - they bring Gorski out of moth balls and Dwan. These guys got old money and can push a fair amount up hill.

The Dems need this fall badly - its gonna set the tone for the next two years leading to the Presidential run. The Party will suck every dime they can out of these guys and pass it to Washington. These locals know how the game is played and their ego's will not let them stay at home. The Party guys will rub their heads and fill them full of the "We need you - the Party needs you - America needs people like you" - now write the check !

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    I've been seeing Dwan signs around town. I can't seem to slow down enough to see what position he is running for.

Anyone know?
    Yes, Lancaster Town Justice. He and LoCicero are vying for the Democratic support. I would have to believe that Jeremy Colby is the much stronger and deserving candidate for the position and will crush his opponents - even if the DEMS practice their usual fear and smear tactics. Dwan is going nowhere and if anyone has any knowledge of LoCicero and his political partisan past, woof!

Thanks, Lee.

Georgia L Schlager

Believe it or not a primary for the Justice seat. I find it interesting that the Democrats are not behind LoCicero.

Jeremy Colby is a wonderful person, he is a dedicated family man who will keep politics our of Town Court. He is a candidate who will serve the families, not political insiders. Quite impressive!

Don't assume for one minute we know whats truly going on here with the local Dems.

Dwan was with Lancasters insiders for many - many years - he's got bones buried too! He's played the Party Favorites for so long - if their dangleing him out - it could actually be just to spice up the Party a bit. Its important to never let someone like LoCIere think he's got a cake walk .

The Dems are good at playing their own people against each other - in public - to stir interest in a otherwise mundane Party election/endorsement. This fires up the Committee workers and candidate investors - the more they dance - the more they donate/pay. The illusion of competition and control is a awesome incitement tool when used correctly - even cheerleaders need motivation.

These guys have been known to bring out someone like Dwan knowing full well - when push comes to shove he's controllable. If need be he can be convinced to step left or right depending on what's needed for the Committee. He will pour every cent he can raise into the mix - that excites everyone. By winding up the "Our Guy must win" mentality - no matter who the final candidate is - you just stated your "Get out the Vote" campaign early. That's always more important within your own Party than anywhere else.

Always remember - its all about "Party Control" - like any good local committee "Dog and Pony Show" - the show is only as good as the players - the stage actors are just delivering the perceptions/ the show/ the storyline.

Every dance is different - its the after Party that tells the rest of the story ! Just watch who's not dancing ! ? !
    Last edited by 4248; July 16th, 2014 at 11:25 AM.

[quote=gorja;1402198]i've been seeing dwan signs around town. I can't seem to slow down enough to see what position he is running for.

Anyone know?[/quote

Mike Dwan did not secure the signatures needed to garner the Republican line. His signatures were invalid.

Well I am glad I had the wrong impression at first - he's the son of Lancasters Party Controlled Judge. If his ethics run along with his dads - no way in hell would I ever vote for such a person.

Don't know him - never met him - don't want to.

Although quite a few new Lancaster Police Officers have shown a passion for the job - without the old Party driven decision making processes of their boss's - there's always hope.

It just it appears like the good old boy system at work - how can we want a judge who helps return drunk drivers to our streets for a living ? How can anyone assume he can not be influenced when people he will judge are represented by his professional or Party Loyal friends - or those of his fathers.

As I stated - no disrespect to this young player - just cant tell how far the apple fell from the tree ? Your vote - Your choice - not mine.
    Last edited by 4248; July 31st, 2014 at 11:44 PM. Reason: spelling

To many of us, this shows their contempt for a fair - open - honest election. They don't support Democracy - they manipulate it !

This is so typical of Lancaster Dems - just about every elected official was appointed first and ran for election after ward.

Almost none of the Dems were elected originally by popular vote - their all the products of "Party Encouraged Mid Term Bail Outs" -

This allows them to use the word "Retain" - its another Bill Clinton style word play - voters believe "We don't want to change horses mid stream" - or their just Party Line Voters and this makes it easier to justify their no brainer voting habits.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread Information