Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Seats up in 2013 in Lancaster

In front of the Accountant/Tax service on the south side of Walden, not counting the old gas station, it's the 1st building east of Central Ave, there's a Colby and a Dwan sign in the front yard. That's a little peculiar.

Georgia L Schlager

Jeremy Colby has received an A rating from S.C.O.P.E. They can rate; they can't endorse.

Georgia L Schlager

Primary 2014

Georgia L Schlager

The Challenge

Georgia L Schlager

That is so cute

Sorry - I forgot to ask - What's Colby's position on the Cuomo Safe Act ?

Does Licicero live in Lancaster his facebook says Buffalo?
    Last edited by 4248; August 26th, 2014 at 10:25 PM.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

I don't think justices can have a position. They interpret the law. At least, that 's my understanding.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    Sorry - I forgot to ask - What's Colby's position on the Cuomo Safe Act ?

Does Licicero live in Lancaster his facebook says Buffalo?
    He has a lot of errors on everything-so I wouldn't trust what you read. Hey Turner--what's the answer?

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    I don't think justices can have a position. They interpret the law. At least, that 's my understanding.
    Exactly right gorja-they interpret the law.

They can express their "personal beliefs" on things like abortion - guy rights - DUI laws and such ! Its not against the rules for them to have personal beliefs or opinions.

They often campaign on such issues - why is it wrong for them to express this out side the court room. A true judge uses the laws to decide a case - not his/her personal beliefs/opinions or feelings - isn't that true ?

Or are we trying to give someone a pass on this issue ?

http://www.buffalonews.com/city-regi...stice-20140905

Hang it up Mr. LoCicero. At 69 and with health issues it’s time – unless the prediction that you will run to win and then resign and let the DEMS appoint someone in your position has merit; a game plan used repeatedly by the Lancaster DEMS.

The Town needs new blood. Dwan would be a better choice than LoCicero but he shunned the DEMS ‘wait your turn’ party policies and has become an outcast in his own party.

Colby deserves the nod in the primary and certainly in the Election process. He is not only well qualified for the position but a great family man and parishioner, articulate and committed to serving his community’s best interests.

Loving this -
    Jeremy Colby stated,
    I declined an invitation to be considered by the Good Government Club for endorsement. Although I laud their playing an active role in our electoral process, I do not see what gives a handful of businessmen the right to claim the mantle of the arbiter of what constitutes "good government." Rather than cowtow to political insiders and special interests, I am running an independent campaign based on actually meeting voters.

Georgia L Schlager

I can applaud and agree with Mr.Colby on this issue.

Most of these groups are just blatant special interest groups who advance campaign funds for favorable future rulings/approvals.

This group is made up of money flush local businessmen seeking favors - much like the County level conservative committee controllers.

Unfortunately all to often this is the case with many local Special interest groups - they aren't working to further a "Political Ideal" they are mainly interested in controlling voter blocks and there by controlling tax dollar spending.

While I respect Mr.Colby's choice - I don't believe it will hurt his vote count.

After receiving campaign literature from both Town Justice Nicholas LoCicero and candidate Jeremy Colby, knowing their experiences in law and actual court trials, in hearing from residents how pleased they were in meeting and talking with Colby as he campaigned tirelessly door-to-door, seeing first hand their demeanor personally and professional, I would be totally shocked if Colby did not come out of this election winning by a substantial margin.

I say this knowing full well how well organized the Democratic Party is in Lancaster and the smear and fear tactics it has historically practiced.

For the Democrats this is more than supporting a candidate worthy of victory, it is a political team effort to support/reward a party player and to maintain political control – especially considering it is rumored by party insiders that LoCicero will not serve his term; but replaced by another party minion who will then be the incumbent four years from now.

Tired of the status quo, the same old same old political BS? Vote for Jeremy Colby on Tuesday, November 4th.

Colby for Lancaster Town Justice

Mr.Colby is definitely the under dog in this race !

That said - it does seem he has made a good impression from what I have been hearing.

No, I am in no way personally involved with any candidate - just listening to and communicating with fellow residents.

Those who want him to succeed need to be more vocal and encourage friends and neighbors to vote.

The big disadvantage or hurtle will be for voters to out number "Party Line Voters" - those who vote to maintain the status quo.

Its not impossible - yet he's not out of the woods yet !

His opponent Mr. LoCicero is confident that most average voters don't feel the need to participate.
    His camp seems sure they can over whelm others at the polls - lets hope not.
    It was no surprise the Dem Committee started their trash and burn campaign early this year -

How ever this ends up - Hats off to Mr.Colby for keeping it clean - working hard and bringing his campaign to the residents/voters.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread Information