Thread: Who is accountable to who? Is the Town Board her boss - who is legally accountable?

Who is accountable to who? Is the Town Board her boss - who is legally accountable?

Who is this lady accountable to - who is her Boss - who can hire or fire in this case - legally - I bet Mr.DT Warren knows!

Can the Town Board say no more over time?

Is this lady(and others in similar positions) covered by a Union contract or non union?

Do these high number salary workers also get tax funded health care and tax funded pensions?

And year after year the Politicians create these jobs/appointments and then say,

"Employee costs and benefits eat up most of our budget" =

Working mans translation, "Workers/patronage/Nepotism/Party Players costs and benefits eat up most of the taxes home owners pay"

This lady said she was told to claim the OT - even though she gets paid for multiple tax funded positions. Then they say hire another tax funded person to assist her. Will that then remove her ability to claim Over time - will her assistant be eligible for tax funded pay and benefits such as health care and tax funded pension?

Last point - this lady admitted/claimed: Josefiak said. "I can't be in four places at the same time."

My question is - then why is she getting paid for four positions and claiming over time on top of that - she herself said she cant do it
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Many of my friends have worked for the Town of W.S. and department heads are salaried employees. I don't care who you work for - a salaried employee gets the same amount of pay every week regardless of how many hours they work. This is a first for a town employee to submit their own payroll sheet without any oversight. Mary knew she was NOT entitled to over time but with no one watching, why not add some overtime to her already high salary? Not only that, but she still wants to be a union member and receive those benefits also. How greedy can you get!!!!!

Friends and family is still alive and well in town! Not only is Mary ripping off the tax payers, but now her daughter is on the payroll also! If only we weren't ALL best friends of the supervisor. I wouldn't be working a full time and part time job to pay my bills and keep a roof over my head.

Shame on Sheila for putting Mary in the position of trying to do the impossible and hold down 3 full time departments at once. She was doomed from the start. Did anyone pick up on her working 100 hours a week?! How does one person do that? Either she doesn't sleep, eat or sh__! Because there is no time when you work 100 hours a week! Give me a break, this is insane and its politics as usual in the lovely Town of W.S.

Does anyone in this thread understand unions? Do you really think that Mary is the only one in the Town claiming overtime? Im sure the positions she filled of Jim Duffy Bob Walsh and Mark Lazzara all did because they were all in the same union she is. And why are we pigeon holding josefiak? Would any of us want to freeing give up time with our families? When you're in charge of two building and multiple subcategories of groups. How do you expect her to get it done in a 9-5 day without any help. The town board should be held accountable for their shotty job of research on how other towns have consolidated, we're surrounded by them, however the one figure head and two full time staff to help. Who else is suppose to sign her time sheet? Do other department heads in the union need signoffs? Everytime John Gullo goes over it doesn't come up on the town board agenda. The reals criminals here are the town board and past board, I can wait for state and union reprecussions to come down on this one.

are department heads management. If they are how are they part of a labor union. do they have a management union.
    when I was on salary it was for my week day hours. but when ever I was asked to work extra days on the weekend I got time and half. It all depends on what deal you make with your boss. I wanted 1000 for an entire week he wanted 700 we made a deal for 600 for week days and time and a half for weekends. Her getting over time could just be because it is out side of what her salaried position covers.
    One good thing about growing old is your secrets are safe with your friends they can't remember them either

Department heads do not have to justify their hours. They do not have to work a 35 or 40 hour weeks. If the work is being completed, they can leave at any time, as long as the staff can handle the work load. A salaried department head receives the same amount of money each pay period regardless if they work 30 hours or 100 hours. So for her to be receiving overtime is so against the town rules. Most department heads do not belong to the CSEA union that the hourly employees belong to. I know Mary worked at the Developmental Center for many years and she was a union member there. As a department head, she should not be in the CSEA union for the town. Sheila should hire someone to run the recreation department on a part time basis and also the youth bureau on a part time basis. For someone to be making $84.00 an hour in overtime with the economy the way it is, is plain crazy.

Thread Information