+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: The Christmas Shoes - A Christmas Play

  1. #1
    Member mikenold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    WNY
    Posts
    7,567

    The Christmas Shoes - A Christmas Play

    My Church is putting on a production of The Christmas Shoes in December at First Bible Baptist Church at 555 Central Avenue, Lancaster NY. Right across the street from the Lancaster High School.

    The dates and times are:
    Friday December 19 at 7PM
    Saturday December 20 at 3 and 7PM
    and Sunday December 21 at 3 and 7PM

    Tickets are free, but you need a ticket to attend. The auditorium seats 200 so there are only 200 tickets per performance. Tickets are first come first served. They go very quickly. This is a great event to attend the weekend before Christmas. Be aware that it is an emotional as well as a spiritual experience. There will be punch, coffee, cookies and other goodies served after the show.

    If anyone would like to get tickets, you can PM me and I would be glad to send them to you. Just let me know the Date, Time, How many tickets you would like and your mailing address. Remember they are free, but there are only so many...
    **free is a trademark of the current U.S. government.

  2. #2
    Member mikenold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    WNY
    Posts
    7,567
    Quote Originally Posted by mikenold View Post
    My Church is putting on a production of The Christmas Shoes in December at First Bible Baptist Church at 555 Central Avenue, Lancaster NY. Right across the street from the Lancaster High School.

    The dates and times are:
    Friday December 19 at 7PM
    Saturday December 20 at 3 and 7PM
    and Sunday December 21 at 3 and 7PM

    Tickets are free, but you need a ticket to attend. The auditorium seats 200 so there are only 200 tickets per performance. Tickets are first come first served. They go very quickly. This is a great event to attend the weekend before Christmas. Be aware that it is an emotional as well as a spiritual experience. There will be punch, coffee, cookies and other goodies served after the show.

    If anyone would like to get tickets, you can PM me and I would be glad to send them to you. Just let me know the Date, Time, How many tickets you would like and your mailing address. Remember they are free, but there are only so many...
    Or, if you prefer, you could stop by the church at 555 Central avenue on any Wednesday between 6:45 and 9PM or on any Sunday between 9:45AM- 1:30PM and you would be able to get them yourself.
    **free is a trademark of the current U.S. government.

  3. #3
    Unregistered
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    6,993
    Is that play based on the song (or visa versa)

    That song always makes me cry

  4. #4
    Member mikenold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    WNY
    Posts
    7,567
    Quote Originally Posted by RaginTaxpayer View Post
    Is that play based on the song (or visa versa)

    That song always makes me cry
    It is based on the song. The play also contains the song. It is an emotional play. There will be a box of Kleenex at the end of each aisle.
    BY THE WAY: It is also emotional for those in the play. But it is also a whole lot of fun!
    **free is a trademark of the current U.S. government.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    On the East Side of the B~lo
    Posts
    5,190
    Some of your friends will be in attendance
    WNY's link to the latest deals,printable coupons AND money saving tips!
    www.buffalobroad.com

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    12,477
    Tonight's performance has been canceled because of the weather.
    There are four other performances
    Saturday 3PM & 7PM
    and
    Sunday 3PM & 7PM

    hope to see you there
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    12,477
    The 3 PM show is a go. The roads are clear, it's just a little windy.
    So, c'mon down
    There's cookies!!!
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

  8. #8
    Member CAugust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,781

    awesome!!

    This was a wonderful opportunity for community involvement - THANKYOU to Sue and Mike for getting me tickets!!! I had a great time last night - Mike, I am sorry I didnt get to talk to you - BUT you did play a great role in the play!!!!!!!

    I would recommend this to anyone next year - it's a great opportunity to see what a community can put together - lots of hard work and TALENT!!!!

    I was also happy to see that they were accepting donations if able to contribute to the cost of the play, while free is always good, I do like to give back to my community.

    I do want to say that Tammys role was obviously very touching. She is a very strong woman to play that part the way she did. May I ask if she has any children?

    I think she broke many hearts in a very good way - and she portrayed that she believed in everything that she said in her role in the play - for those of you that didnt go to this play - Tammy is a church member with progressive ms that played the part of the woman dying in the song The Christmas Shoes - her part was very touching all through the play.

    All my children that went enjoyed the play - however my oldest really really enjoyed it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please dont forget to post again next year!!!! I will be looking forward to attending.

    I also want to mention that your community was very welcoming to everyone - SUCH TALENT!!!

    SPEAK UP POSTERS - YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU MISSED!!!!!!
    Colleen
    Realtor

    Visit My Website

  9. #9
    Member CAugust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,781
    Quote Originally Posted by mesue View Post
    The 3 PM show is a go. The roads are clear, it's just a little windy.
    So, c'mon down
    There's cookies!!!

    my oldest can attest - GOOD COOKIES LOL
    Colleen
    Realtor

    Visit My Website

  10. #10
    Member mikenold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    WNY
    Posts
    7,567
    Quote Originally Posted by CAugust View Post
    This was a wonderful opportunity for community involvement - THANKYOU to Sue and Mike for getting me tickets!!! I had a great time last night - Mike, I am sorry I didnt get to talk to you - BUT you did play a great role in the play!!!!!!!

    I would recommend this to anyone next year - it's a great opportunity to see what a community can put together - lots of hard work and TALENT!!!!

    I was also happy to see that they were accepting donations if able to contribute to the cost of the play, while free is always good, I do like to give back to my community.

    I do want to say that Tammys role was obviously very touching. She is a very strong woman to play that part the way she did. May I ask if she has any children?

    I think she broke many hearts in a very good way - and she portrayed that she believed in everything that she said in her role in the play - for those of you that didnt go to this play - Tammy is a church member with progressive ms that played the part of the woman dying in the song The Christmas Shoes - her part was very touching all through the play.

    All my children that went enjoyed the play - however my oldest really really enjoyed it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please dont forget to post again next year!!!! I will be looking forward to attending.

    I also want to mention that your community was very welcoming to everyone - SUCH TALENT!!!

    SPEAK UP POSTERS - YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU MISSED!!!!!!
    Thank you for your wonderful comments. This outreach is a whole lot of fun for the members of our church. The weather caused us to reach less than half of the people we had hoped to this year but was still a great success. Tammy agreed to play the Mother again this year even though this has been a tough year for her. She is an inspiration to all of us. The practices for the play are time consuming and she has given up a lot of time away from her family to play her part in the play. She has a husband and three children.
    Last edited by mikenold; December 22nd, 2008 at 09:44 AM. Reason: sp
    **free is a trademark of the current U.S. government.

  11. #11
    Unregistered
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    On the edge of the SUWNY "penalty box."
    Posts
    9,407
    Great play!

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    12,477
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfing USA View Post
    Great play!
    You were there? I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you
    First Amendment rights are like muscles, if you don't exercise them they will atrophy.

  13. #13
    Unregistered
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    On the edge of the SUWNY "penalty box."
    Posts
    9,407
    Quote Originally Posted by mesue View Post
    You were there? I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you
    Just taking Colleen's word for it.

    Gotcha again!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. I just bought a living Christmas Tree
    By buffy in forum Morning Breakfast - Breaking News
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: December 20th, 2006, 09:12 AM
  2. So Be It
    By CacTus in forum Morning Breakfast - Breaking News
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: December 11th, 2005, 01:30 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts