Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The beginning of a NEW school board Era.

Post Historically.......here we go again!

Quote Originally Posted by getalife123 View Post
    Correction, posted yesterday 1:05 pm, still late.
    Politics

In politics, transparency is used as a means of holding public officials accountable and fighting corruption. When a government's meetings are open to the press and the public, its budgets may be reviewed by anyone, and its laws and decisions are open to discussion, it is seen as transparent, and there is less opportunity for the authorities to abuse the system for their own interests.[10

What do you call the way THE PUBLIC'S school and city business is handled by the powers to be.............in Lackawanna, N.Y.?
    A. Secretive
    B. Selective
    C. Anything BUT Transparent
    D. Handled a day late and a ......(you can fill in the blank) short!
    E. Abusive
    F. ALL of the Above
    G.

Post Why don't YOU, Answer "how the" FEDERAL LAWSUIT.........is going?!?

Quote Originally Posted by youcangohome View Post
    Still haven't answered how the lawsuit agaist you is going. Maybe you'll shut up after they take your house.
    3 former Lackawanna workers cite reprisal in federal suit
    September 13, 2012
    BY: Jay Tokasz
    Three former maintenance workers for the Lackawanna School District are alleging in a federal lawsuit that they were fired in 2010 as retaliation for bringing harassment and discrimination complaints against a maintenance supervisor.

The district and the Board of Education were named as defendants, along with John W. Makeyenko, a former board member who lost a re-election bid in May, and Ronald S. Miller, current board president.

The lawsuit, filed this week in U.S. District Court by attorney Andrew P. Fleming, also alleges an illegal gambling operation within the district's maintenance department and paints the school district as a hotbed of political patronage micromanaged by vindictive School Board members.

"They were just targeted flat-out for baldfaced retaliation in violation of the law," Fleming said.

The district's lawyer, Carl W. Morgan, denied that the layoffs were retaliatory, saying that economic realities guided the board's decision.

The district's business administrator recommended eliminating four maintenance positions and creating two custodian positions in a cost-cutting measure to deal with decreased state aid, according to a July 6, 2010, School Board resolution authorizing the layoffs, effective Aug. 6, 2010. The board voted, 5-2, to approve the measure.

The layoffs, Morgan added, were "strictly dictated by civil service seniority status."

Miller, who received a copy of the complaint Wednesday, said the lawsuit contains knowingly false and malicious statements against him.

"I fully intend to file a counterlawsuit," Miller said.

Makeyenko said Thursday he had yet to be made aware of the lawsuit, and he declined to comment until he could examine it.

The suit centers on discrimination complaints in 2007 made by former maintenance worker Munir Mohsin, a Yemeni-American who is Muslim. Two of Mohsin's co-workers, Michael J. Bryniarski and Matthew W. Blattenberger, signed statements in support of Mohsin's contentions, and the statements were presented to the School Board.

email: jtokasz@buffnews.com

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    September 13, 2012
    Three former maintenance workers for the Lackawanna School District are alleging in a federal lawsuit that they were fired in 2010 as retaliation for bringing harassment and discrimination complaints against a maintenance supervisor.

The district and the Board of Education were named as defendants, along with John W. Makeyenko, a former board member who lost a re-election bid in May, and Ronald S. Miller, current board president.

The lawsuit, filed this week in U.S. District Court by attorney Andrew P. Fleming, also alleges an illegal gambling operation within the district's maintenance department and paints the school district as a hotbed of political patronage micromanaged by vindictive School Board members.

"They were just targeted flat-out for baldfaced retaliation in violation of the law," Fleming said.

The district's lawyer, Carl W. Morgan, denied that the layoffs were retaliatory, saying that economic realities guided the board's decision.

The district's business administrator recommended eliminating four maintenance positions and creating two custodian positions in a cost-cutting measure to deal with decreased state aid, according to a July 6, 2010, School Board resolution authorizing the layoffs, effective Aug. 6, 2010. The board voted, 5-2, to approve the measure.

The layoffs, Morgan added, were "strictly dictated by civil service seniority status."

Miller, who received a copy of the complaint Wednesday, said the lawsuit contains knowingly false and malicious statements against him.

Makeyenko said Thursday he had yet to be made aware of the lawsuit, and he declined to comment until he could examine it.

The suit centers on discrimination complaints in 2007 made by former maintenance worker Munir Mohsin, a Yemeni-American who is Muslim. Two of Mohsin's co-workers, Michael J. Bryniarski and Matthew W. Blattenberger, signed statements in support of Mohsin's contentions, and the statements were presented to the School Board.

*sigh* I've been following school board politics closely lately. Especially those of Hamburg since we were considering purchasing a house in the village. Their in fighting is as bad as what we have going on here and I think it's only a matter of time until their rankings start to plummet.

Anyway, I was on the Williamsville school website and I was looking at their high school webpage. Do you know they have an 82 page course catalog. 82 pages! While I will not criticize our district for the NU classes they are FINALLY providing for our seniors...it's just not good enough. Not when you have other districts with lower paid teachers providing an 82 page course catalog. We have plenty of special ed services, it's about time to shore up the AP and gifted and talented programs...and it needs to start in elementary school so the kids are ready to work at a higher level once they get into high school.

If folks who "know" step out of their safe box and whistleblow to expose.............

Quote Originally Posted by jenrose66 View Post
    *sigh* I've been following school board politics closely lately. Especially those of Hamburg since we were considering purchasing a house in the village. Their in fighting is as bad as what we have going on here and I think it's only a matter of time until their rankings start to plummet.

Anyway, I was on the Williamsville school website and I was looking at their high school webpage. Do you know they have an 82 page course catalog. 82 pages! While I will not criticize our district for the NU classes they are FINALLY providing for our seniors...it's just not good enough. Not when you have other districts with lower paid teachers providing an 82 page course catalog. We have plenty of special ed services, it's about time to shore up the AP and gifted and talented programs...and it needs to start in elementary school so the kids are ready to work at a higher level once they get into high school.
    cont.
    ..................the ones who do their side-deals, self-serving agendas, corrupt crap, and double-crossing BS........then, there will really be a "new era" in ALL of LA!

We don't want to lose fine, young families such as yours jenrose.
    Keep going to meeting and speak your mind .........we MUST be proactive, not reactive. remember.

P.S.
    Can anyone imagine cashing a paycheck that you did NOT earn?

cont.
    ..................the ones who do their side-deals, self-serving agendas, corrupt crap, and double-crossing BS........then, there will really be a "new era" in ALL of LA!

We don't want to lose fine, young families such as yours jenrose.
    Keep going to meeting and speak your mind .........we MUST be proactive, not reactive. remember.

P.S.
    Can anyone imagine cashing a paycheck that you did NOT earn?
    I haven't been attending meetings. I don't have an evening sitter for the kids...there is only so much of me to go around I try to go around school budget time...kind of like the people who only go to church on x-mas. Though as a PTA we have been talking about sending at least one of us to each meeting...so we can report back to the others. Couldn't happen yesterday with parents night, but hopefully next month.

Quote Originally Posted by jenrose66 View Post
    I haven't been attending meetings. I don't have an evening sitter for the kids...there is only so much of me to go around I try to go around school budget time...kind of like the people who only go to church on x-mas. Though as a PTA we have been talking about sending at least one of us to each meeting...so we can report back to the others. Couldn't happen yesterday with parents night, but hopefully next month.
    Did you ever think of inviting a Board Member to your PTO meetings? We used to do that. First we would ask the membership at a mtg what they thought were most pressing issues & what they wanted to ask.. Officers would compile the list & then ask Board member to come to answer membership"s questions. Each question had a spokesperson. Maybe that would help parents with the time constraints. Cause like you said there is not enough of you to go around. They much prefered this avenue as questions wouldn't be made public, esp. if there was a heated issue. If they didn't respond or canceled last minute, a contingent was at the next board meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by Diane Kozak View Post
    Did you ever think of inviting a Board Member to your PTO meetings? We used to do that. First we would ask the membership at a mtg what they thought were most pressing issues & what they wanted to ask.. Officers would compile the list & then ask Board member to come to answer membership"s questions. Each question had a spokesperson. Maybe that would help parents with the time constraints. Cause like you said there is not enough of you to go around. They much prefered this avenue as questions wouldn't be made public, esp. if there was a heated issue. If they didn't respond or canceled last minute, a contingent was at the next board meeting.
    That's actually an interesting idea. We did have Mr. Korach come to a meeting last year to talk to us about the capital improvement plan. I thought that would be a draw for parents. We publicized it highly and said we were providing snacks and there was 3 of us there! You just want to hit your head against a wall. Sometimes it seems intimidating to ask for a board member to come in when you only have 3 or 4 parents at each meeting because it kind of underscores that parents don't necessarily *care* as much as they should. But I'm going to run with that, because it's a really good idea, thank you for your suggestion

September 13, 2012

Gee whiz no reply I wonder why?

Politics

In politics, transparency is used as a means of holding public officials accountable and fighting corruption. When a government's meetings are open to the press and the public, its budgets may be reviewed by anyone, and its laws and decisions are open to discussion, it is seen as transparent, and there is less opportunity for the authorities to abuse the system for their own interests.[10

What do you call the way THE PUBLIC'S school and city business is handled by the powers to be.............in Lackawanna, N.Y.?
    A. Secretive
    B. Selective
    C. Anything BUT Transparent
    D. Handled a day late and a ......(you can fill in the blank) short!
    E. Abusive
    F. ALL of the Above
    G.

Sorry Andrea but Groucho got it right: “Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
    ― Groucho Marx

Post Yes! Greattttt ........but, when is enough.....enough?!?

Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder View Post
    Sorry Andrea but Groucho got it right: “Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
    ― Groucho Marx
    Good one!
    And ran by the......Boss Hogg's......in good ole' LA!

Boss Hogg's
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Not to be confused with Boss Hog.

Jefferson Davis "J.D." Hogg, better known as "Boss" Hogg, is a fictional character featured in the American television series The Dukes of Hazzard. He was the greedy, unethical commissioner of Hazzard County. A stereotypical villainous glutton, Boss Hogg always wore an all-white suit with a white cowboy hat and regularly smoked cigars. The role of Boss Hogg was played by Sorrell Booke, who appeared for many years on radio, stage, and film before finding the role that made him a household name. Boss Hogg is one of only two characters to appear in every episode of the TV series, the other being Uncle Jesse Duke. His namesake is Jefferson Davis, the President of the Confederate States of America during the American Civil War. The "Boss Hogg" nickname is a reference to the European pronunciation of Frank "Boss" Hague, a famous corrupt politician of the early-mid twentieth century

Boss Hogg was played by Sorrell Booke........Early life

Booke was born in Buffalo, New York,

Post Just wondering............

Quote Originally Posted by lackawanna #1 View Post
    Andre you are such a hypocryte, do you not rant about friends and family plan and cadilac bennies. Everytime someone proves you wrong which is often the case,you try to change the subject or whine how they are picking on you, Youve been shut up now shuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut up!
    " Everytime someone proves you wrong which is often the case "

By all means..........It is time you, lack1, start proving what you say.
    Just the facts please.

P.S.
    Still waiting for your answer to my question of what day was I "seen on Ridge Rd. passing out slingers"................

Post YOU tell me.....you seem to be "in the know" about EVERYTHING going on in LA.......

Still haven't answered how the lawsuit agaist you is going. Maybe you'll shut up after they take your house.
    I have been doing a lot of thinking about your statement............how you..........

fine. thank you for asking.

Duh.....!

fine. thank you for asking.
    RE-READ what I posted.....
    I did NOT ask, "how you are".........I already KNOW what you are all about.

I know you are fine while drooling over all that money in your bank account!
    Duh.

you know nothing about me. no, you know less than nothing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information