Of the 114 IDAs operating in New York State in 2010, 111 filed required reports with the Office of the
State Comptroller. Three IDAs – Town of Erwin IDA, City of Newburgh IDA, and City of Oneida
IDA – have not filed reports from 2007 to 2010, and have subsequently had their power to grant
exemptions from State taxes suspended, as required by law. Statewide, the IDAs that reported to OSC:
• Supported 4,444 projects valued at $72.9 billion, reflecting a decline in the number of projects
(133) and total project value ($643 million) from the year before.
• Provided $1.3 billion in total tax exemptions in 2010, which were offset by $785 million in PILOTs,
resulting in net tax exemptions of $483 million. Between 2009 and 2010, net exemptions declined
by $13 million, or 2.6 percent.
• Employed 666,623 full-time equivalent workers in 2010, a cumulative net gain of 181,712 jobs over
the life of these IDA projects.
• Had issued debt outstanding totaling $21.2 billion, of which $343 million represents new debt
issued in 2010.