Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: new in Lack

Thumbs up

It sounds Andrea is ready for more Fundrasing Events. She's getting organized before a Storm Show.

Watch out!

Quote Originally Posted by zanna vaida View Post
    It sounds Andrea is ready for more Fundrasing Events. She's getting organized before a Storm Show.

Watch out!
    I do not understand what you mean, Zanna.

Please explain this comment and Storm Show????
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

On a POSITIVE note...
    We now have a lab at our old OLV Hospital that you can go to for blood work. It has been open for about one week Monday through Friday 7AM-3PM and, I am told, takes all insurances. There are signs outside the building...

Look around the place while you are there. It will WOW you...The main entrance has a place to sit by a huge fireplace and they created a "Main Street" where there will be a grocery store, Father Baker Museum, Chapel (stained glass windows were brought in from a church that closed in Lewsiton). What a wonderful place for people who come to visit family/friends in the apartments and nursing home...CHECK IT OUT!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thumbs up

There's something new in Lackawanna for public discussion and involvement:
    Click and scroll down to public hearing announcent: http://www.ci.lackawanna.ny.us/ I plan to attend this event because it sounds interesting. Where else it's advertised?

***Looks like somebody's posting updates somehow...

About time they posted information we can use. But that being said we need to have these meetings after 5pm when most people can attend.The powers that be want low turnout so they can just say they had a hearing on the subject matter. In their eyes the less people there the better off they are and once again open government and accountability end up being last on their agenda.

Who is Lackawanna Webmaster?

I just checked out the Lackawanna Web Site. Half of the printing is in a dark background on the screen. Very hard on the eyes. And you have to keep scrolling to see the information, not very user friendly. But maybe the good ole boys would rather have it that way. It's a good ploy to get you to lose interest. Thank God we have this blog to keep us up to date on things.

Thumbs up Does he know?

By the way, I was in the City Hall to pay School taxes and stopped at the City Council Chamber for the public hearing regarding the community development plans. On my was to the Chamber-as soon as I passsed the security desk on the second floor, Mayor Polanski and the Secretary were out of the Chamber. Time was 9:35 a.m. Sounded like nobody showed up for the public meeting.

I turned around and stopped by the council president Jaworski's office. His door was opened and I asked, "What's going on with the city web?" His answer was, "I don't know." I asked, "Have you ever seen it?" Next second he asked the lady who was sitting at his office, "Do you know who's doing the web site?"

I didn't want to waste my time and said, "No comments." Does the Council president know that his name is listed on the web as a public representative-the head decision maker in the city of Lackawanna?

I pointed this issue to him a few times for the past few years. Does he know it?

The meeting didn't start until 10. Chuck is well aware his name is listed on the City website. Of course he will say he doesn't know anything about it.....isn't that his response to everything that goes on there? i.e slaughterhouse.

Thumbs up

What else in new in Lackawanna?

Post Citizens Voice!

Calling ALL Voters of Lackawanna!!! Erie County and NYS for that matter!

FYI: ON Tuesday November 3, 2009 General Election Day anyone registered as a Democrat-Republican-Independence-Conservative or Working Family party can cross party vote for the candidate of their choice! And of course folks who are unaffliated can always vote for whomever they want to!
    The point is to ---PLEASE take your valuable time to come out and vote!

In other words --" Vote the person --NOT the Party-line-up!

ex. I am a registered democrat but had to form my own political party to be able to stay through November after I lost the democrat primary. New York State Election Law! Anyone registered in any party can vote for whoever they want to in the general election!

Party politics is all about them--not the average citizens! Power and control for the high-ups in office so they can keep their fancy lifestyle up---while people are loosing their homes and freezing to death! Are we really in America?

The SUNSHINE PARTY=Andrea HaxtonSunshine=Andrea Haxton:

Post Citizens Voice!

Calling ALL Voters of Lackawanna!!! Erie County and NYS for that matter!

FYI: ON Tuesday November 3, 2009 General Election Day anyone registered as a Democrat-Republican-Independence-Conservative or Working Family party can cross party vote for the candidate of their choice! And of course folks who are unaffliated can always vote for whomever they want to!
    The point is to ---PLEASE take your valuable time to come out and vote!

In other words --" Vote the person --NOT the Party-line-up!

ex. I am a registered democrat but had to form my own political party to be able to stay through November after I lost the democrat primary. New York State Election Law! Anyone registered in any party can vote for whoever they want to in the general election!

Party politics is all about them--not the average citizens! Power and control for the high-ups in office so they can keep their fancy lifestyle up---while people are loosing their homes and freezing to death! Are we really in America?

The SUNSHINE PARTY=Andrea HaxtonSunshine=Andrea Haxton:

Thumbs up Halloween Parade!

The 20 th annual Bethlehem Park Halloween Parade is tomorrow!
    2:30 at the Bocce Court end of Madison!

Thumbs up Community living

What's new in Lackawanna? Any upcoming community events?
    I checked the Lackawanna recreation department and nothing is availbale.
    Don;t you think it would be nice to get a community calendar page on the city web? http://www.ci.lackawanna.ny.us/

Where do people gather to discuss the community living? How people socialize? Any interesting group to join and why?

Post Lackawanna City Council meeting!

Date: Monday December 7, 2009
    Time: 6:30 p.m. Caucus
    7:00 Meeting
    Place: Lackawanna City Hall
    714 Ridge Road, Lackawanna
    2nd floor

Please come out----Bring a Friend/Neighbor!

Post Reminder!

Folks, I hope you all can make the meeting!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information