Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: new in Lack

You have NO IDEA how "hot" it sometimes gets at Paolini's. The conversations there could make this thread look amateur.

BUT, I am no activist. I leave that for Andrea BECAUSE it is her love and passion...

I know exactly how "hot" it gets at Paolini's......ever heard of a "fly on the wall"? Never know who sits among!! There and Appolo's!!

Quote Originally Posted by cath829 View Post
    I know exactly how "hot" it gets at Paolini's......ever heard of a "fly on the wall"? Never know who sits among!! There and Appolo's!!
    You made me laugh out loud.....People should be careful what they carry out of there and pass along....As Joe Paolini says, "The food is so-so but the entertainment is PRICELESS." How true. One day it got so heated Joe announced that there would be no more talking. Imagine that...a public place to eat and everyone was to be quiet and, THEY DID!!

I can honestly say when I am there, it is generally neutral topics and NOT about people. There are mostly guys there and they would rather talk about hunting and boobs...lol!

Thumbs up

Communication is the key to Success! Where else people socialize in Lackawanna? Looking for new networking opportunity.

On a POSITIVE note of what's new in this city......The outside of CherryStone has been painted and looks great! It really "pops" as you drive by.

Also, the Lodge next to City Hall has had a wonderful stair/entrance makeover that really makes that building look modernized!

NICE JOBS!!!!!

Gee I wonder why that happened??

Thumbs up

Don't wonder to waste time. Ask a question to find an answer. Move on.
    Learn to think on your feet and make decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by zanna vaida View Post
    Don't wonder to waste time. Ask a question to find an answer. Move on.
    Learn to think on your feet and make decisions.
    If you don't understand a post, please don't post until you understand it better. Dennis' question was rhetorical.

Quote Originally Posted by rwrusso View Post
    I've lived in Lackawanna for almost 6 years now. I've been a homeowner since June 2006. Unfortunately, I'm still not all that aware of what goes on. My family is not from Lackawanna. I just happened to be renting here and then also just happened to buy a house here. I can't say I'm unhappy. I love my street, I love the Southtowns (I consider my area part of that). I'm not happy with what I've been reading about the corruption in city hall. I hope this will be a place to discuss such things, and learn more about what goes on.
    dont believe everything you read on this blog......

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    Next Public Meeting of the Lackawanna City Council Meeting is:
    Date : Monday October 5, 2009
    Time : 6:30 Caucus (Work Session)
    7:00 Meeting
    Place: Lackawanna City Hall
    714 Ridge Road
    Lack.
    Council Chambers 2nd floor

It is 2 weeks now and I am still waiting for a date from the Law Department for a Work Session on the Slaughter House--Live Animal Market on Ridge Road.

FYI, I just heard that back 100 years ago when the men were arguing what to call us after West Seneca pulled away from us that:

Father Baker adamately wanted " Lack " awanna to be called VICTORIAVILLE!

Even though I love Lackawanna with all my heart I truly believe that our name label has alot to do with what "lacks" in Lackawanna.
    When you google Lackawanna it tells us that the meaning of Lackawanna is, " Forked River " , from Pennsylvania.
    Ironically Lackawanna is full of forked tongues, back stabbers, and greed.

Go Figure.
    Oh andea........west seneca did NOT PULL AWAY FROM US...simple simon......Lackawanna became a CITY...WEST SENECA IS A TOWN..........

Quote Originally Posted by toms View Post
    dont believe everything you read on this blog......

You are right there.....YOU haven't said one word of TRUTH yet!!!

Quote Originally Posted by toms View Post
    Oh andea........west seneca did NOT PULL AWAY FROM US...simple simon......Lackawanna became a CITY...WEST SENECA IS A TOWN..........
    Why must you always revert to name calling?

Thumbs up Garage Sale!

HUGE Trash and Treasure Garage Sale to end all garage sales!:cool

Date: Saturday October 10, 2009
    Time: 9:00 a.m.---till?
    Place: Former A & E's mom and pop store
    297 Ridge Road at Ingham Lackawanna
    Behind the barricade on Ingham Avenue

Yes, Folks, It is the site of my former, Andrea Haxton's famous corner store!

Something for everyone!! Everything must Go-Go-Go!

Thumbs up

Make sure to post it on Graigslist. Detailes Followed:

According to the AARP Bulletin, the penny pinchers know that weekend yard sales can be a treasure trow… but not if you waste time and gas roaming the streets for signs. In order to find sales in your area, visit yard sales map. Enter your starting point, the maximum number of miles you want to travel and the day of your hunt (Friday, Saturday or Sunday). Click on search and you get a Google map of area yard sales that have been posted on Graigslist, along with a recommended driving route-for free. Click on the red baloon for each listing, they way you do on realestate sites when you search for listings, and you’ll find the specific time and address, plus details of what for sale

My advice: Tell your friends and family members to post their next yard sale on Graigslist. Share the news with others. Make life easier for all.

p.s. another approach to political campaign? Make sure you handle fliers.

"End of the Season" Garage/Street posted today on Craig's List (Buffalo, NY)

Check it out and come out to meet people!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information