Thread: Dead weight

Unregistered

Dead weight

I would like to know why must we support so much dead weight.

I know everyone deserves a handout to a point but after a while isn't it a drain on the community?

If people can't afford gas/electric why can't they move to states where the cost is less and not put the burden on the people that work? They can even plant gardens and curb the food stamp issues.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to just give them a one way ticket to a new city? Didn't other states push thier welfare people to NYS?

We really need jobs and not necessarily high paying jobs seeing the people that are on social services don't have the education for those jobs. ALso before raising min wage, lower taxes first. The politicians use that for more votes.. Look what we did! we made people pay you more, vote for me.

I see signs almost everywhere for jobs. THe post office at $10 per hour, LOTS of minumun wages jobs. Why do people think it's beneath them to work at those places but not beneath them to milk the taxpayer of thier money? If there's an excuse i can make more sitting on my ass, then there's the problem.

Not everyone will have a chance to live in amherst, or a new division in lancaster. Perhaps you will have to purchase a home in buffalo where over all the cost of living is lower. You don't need a big house to be happy.

That 10 dollar an hour job is to use your own car to do a mail route in the inner city.

Unregistered
    A job is Job, everyone always has an excuse

Unregistered
    Bottom line is the safety net has become a hammock for many.

My late father in law was dope addict and alchoholic his entire adult life. He was as lazy as they come, yet, I watched him sponge off the state for 2 decades (Longer than that, the time before I knew the guy) as NYS paid him to take college degree programs that he ahd no intention of completing, it just occuppied his time, repeated methadone treatments that he only used when heroine, got too expensive or the supply became scarce, craddle to grave welfare and medicaid....I could go on.

I did a stint as REPO man for rent a center in the early eighties, mostly in the inner city, witnessed many familys with 3 and sometimes 4 generations living in one house, none of which had EVER worked, but sustained themselves sucking on the public nippple.

Before I moved out west, I recall various proposals to incent welfare recipients to work, or get training, for homeless people taking advantage of various programs to try and make changes in their lives that might better enable them to be assimilated into the productive world. And the reponse to such common sense requests by lawyers and advocates?????.....why should anyone have any right to demand how they live their lives was the protest of teh advocates? When the real issue is...."why should we (taxpayers) be forced to give away free money to people who have no expectations of responsibility, that we (taxpayers) must adhere to in order to hold down productive jobs in order to provide for ourselves and them?"

Unregistered

why they give our money away

THey want those votes... lets give them something and if anyone wants to run against us we'll campaign how those bad people running against us want to "take your money" away from you.

I don't have a clue why people think anyone owes them anything.

DOn't bash me for this:

I still don't know why younger people who get knocked up don't beat into thier kids NOT to get pregnant as they did. WHen you have lower income people continually having more kids the load of paying for all if it is overwhelming.

They just make it harder on themselves. They have trouble making ends meet with one kid but you see them poping out 2, 3 or 4 more. Do they look at as well, "We do get some assistance it's ok"? I know there are instances where they are forced or what ever, but can't they just learn to KEEP thier legs shut?

You do have to feel bad though for the ones that really want to work but can't find jobs.

Think about it this way, there are people that live on less that what some civil employees take in over time.

Think about this, THe mayor of buffalo voted himself a raise once which i more that what people live on in buffalo.

Think about this, we have very little good to show for all the taxes we pay in WNY.

Thread Information