Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Term limits for Cheektowaga limit voters choices

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    And the Sabres almost won a Stanley cup, and the Bills almost won a Super Bowl...but they didn't. they were losers. Just like Ted. The voter's speak by one vote at a time, and it only takes a one vote margin majority of voters to decllear the winners and the losers. Ted was declared a loser.

Now he wants to prohibit the person who beat him from running again so he'll have a better chance of winning next time.

Here's a compromise - elected officials can't serve more than two terms and a loser can't run again for political office. Repeated losers running over and over for office are as evil as repeated winners running over and over.

Step aside Ted...give someone else a chance to be a loser.
    Angela won.

I'm fine with that compromise.

It will be interesting to see if we have business men on the town board or not. I know quite a few business people who are in favor in term limits.

So what is the process to have this voted on. Even if it loses we'll know where each board member stands on this topic. We use that next round of elections. And make all of them vote. No sustaining or what ever they call it when a vote comes up.

Your right by saying quite of few people. That is quite a few people are pissed off at the comments made about patty . Angela could not hold patties jock.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    It will be interesting to see if we have business men on the town board or not. I know quite a few business people who are in favor in term limits.
    I got bad news for you - being a business owner doesn't qualify you to vote in town elections.

The town exists for the residents of the town, not for business owners.

Now it is true that there maybe lots of business owners who are also residents, but there may also be lots of business owners who are not residents.

Being a business owner doesn't give you a voice in town government.

Did Benderson live in Cheektowaga? What about Paladino? Any of the Wegman's live here? Sam Walton?

What was the bashing about?
    just because Angela stated a few observations about Jaworowicz state of mind, people immediately calling it bashing. who wouldn't be shocked at some of Jaworowicz answers:

Jaworowicz said she did not approve of term limits.

“I can only answer for myself that I enjoy doing what I do here,” she said. “As far as I’m concerned, I’m here to exercise my ability and my decision to go forward with what I’ve been doing.”

Jaworowicz then became a target for not knowing how many years she has served on the board. When asked, she said “I don’t know. I keep waiting for someone to tell me.”

According to Anthony Romano, the town’s coordinator of employee relations, Jaworowicz joined the board in 1982.

Because of Jaworowicz’s comments, Wozniak said she is unfit to serve on the board.

“I was fairly shocked that she didn’t know how many years she has been on this board” Wozniak said. “And she was actually looking around for someone else to tell her. I don’t know what kind of competence that is, but I don’t feel that proves her to be fit to be on this board.”
    Wozniak then took it a step further, questioning Jaworowicz’s ability.

“In previous board meetings, she was questioned about the police department,” Wozniak said. “She seemed to be unaware of what was going on. She seems to be disconnected with residents. And it’s really quite sad.”

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by SabreTooth View Post
    just because Angela stated a few observations about Jaworowicz state of mind, people immediately calling it bashing. who wouldn't be shocked at some of Jaworowicz answers:

Jaworowicz said she did not approve of term limits.

“I can only answer for myself that I enjoy doing what I do here,” she said. “As far as I’m concerned, I’m here to exercise my ability and my decision to go forward with what I’ve been doing.”

Jaworowicz then became a target for not knowing how many years she has served on the board. When asked, she said “I don’t know. I keep waiting for someone to tell me.”

According to Anthony Romano, the town’s coordinator of employee relations, Jaworowicz joined the board in 1982.

Because of Jaworowicz’s comments, Wozniak said she is unfit to serve on the board.

“I was fairly shocked that she didn’t know how many years she has been on this board” Wozniak said. “And she was actually looking around for someone else to tell her. I don’t know what kind of competence that is, but I don’t feel that proves her to be fit to be on this board.”
    Wozniak then took it a step further, questioning Jaworowicz’s ability.

“In previous board meetings, she was questioned about the police department,” Wozniak said. “She seemed to be unaware of what was going on. She seems to be disconnected with residents. And it’s really quite sad.”
    Another board member told me that it's time for Jaworowicz to step down because of some physical issues. I agreed with him.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I got bad news for you - being a business owner doesn't qualify you to vote in town elections.

The town exists for the residents of the town, not for business owners.

Now it is true that there maybe lots of business owners who are also residents, but there may also be lots of business owners who are not residents.

Being a business owner doesn't give you a voice in town government.

Did Benderson live in Cheektowaga? What about Paladino? Any of the Wegman's live here? Sam Walton?

The town exists for the residents of the town, not a job placement agency for the "Cheektowaga democratic party".

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    But in your own words nogods. Angela won. The town has spoken. We get a few more people on the board and finally put the entire town's best interest first not the "Cheektowaga social club's" best interest.

But in your own words nogods. Angela won. The town has spoken. We get a few more people on the board and finally put the entire town's best interest first not the "Cheektowaga social club's" best interest.
    Angela was elected, not Ted. Something Angela seems to have forgotten.

She has none nothing so far other than propose items for the benefit of Ted. When is Angela going to put the town's best interest over Ted's best interest?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Angela was elected, not Ted. Something Angela seems to have forgotten.

She has none nothing so far other than propose items for the benefit of Ted. When is Angela going to put the town's best interest over Ted's best interest?
    She won. Face it. Go Angela and go Ted!

She won. Face it. Go Angela and go Ted!
    She won. Ted Lost.

She won a seat on the board, she didn't win a majority of the board.

So when is she going to put the best interest of the town ahead of the best interest of Ted the loser?

where do you want her to go? To a real estate office to become a property owner?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    She won. Ted Lost.

She won a seat on the board, she didn't win a majority of the board.

So when is she going to put the best interest of the town ahead of the best interest of Ted the loser?

where do you want her to go? To a real estate office to become a property owner?
    It will happen. Give it time. You can only bs people with election material for so long.

[QUOTE=Dan Roman;909966]I think the Max machine disenfranchises the voters more than a term limit would. I'm all for term limits, clean out the deadwood and let so

not sure if it would work.. but your right that board needs a good flushing.. right with their dept head friends.... the people have to vote these people out and their not doing the job.
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

This is your town board. What shocks me is that some of you defend these losers. You deserve the high taxes.
    http://link.brightcove.com/services/...d=886530950001

The worst part of this video is Rogowski. How this man is put in charge of anything is beyond me. He is a fool.

FYI: the window name is "Viral Player". It's not a virus, just a video player.

That video is hilarious. He's either a fool or taking some good meds.

Georgia L Schlager

"There are currently no job opportunities open for the public."

This is under the banner of "Job Opportunities" on the Town website. How true!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information