Thread: Wealth Distribtution And The US Congress

Wealth Distribtution And The US Congress

This explains a lot...
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. No one is entitled to their own facts.

I guess you're forgetting that our snooty President is in the top 1%?

"We're the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad." --Barack Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Mindcrime View Post

This explains a lot...
    It highlights that america is a land of great opportunity and a great place to create wealth...perhaps rise from little means to become very successful. Oh sure, there are some silver spoons in that bunch, but there may be some self made millionaires who used their personal strenghts and attributes to build wealth, some may have even left their careers behind.

I'd have NO problem at all having incredibly weatlhy people step out of their successful lives, and dedicate their expertise to public service , in the interest of public service, for the benefit of the public, and for only a fixed term. OR...step side and just assist the next person volunteer to step forward. Oh...my bad, that WAS the original intent of the founders wasnt it ? Come in from the farm for a few years fellas, hope us out to run the country, then go back to your life soon enough.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I'd have NO problem at all having incredibly weatlhy people step out of their successful lives, and dedicate their expertise to public service , in the interest of public service, for the benefit of the public, and for only a fixed term.
    Problem is people who are successful don't need the BS that comes along public office. Specially when you have a small controlling group fighting tooth and nail not get voted out of the system.

doesn't the pay they get in congress raise them out of the bottom 80%. and all the perks must get them to the top ten
    One good thing about growing old is your secrets are safe with your friends they can't remember them either

The current salary for rank-and-file members of the House and Senate is $174,000 per year. Party leaders earn $193,400, and the Speaker makes $223,500. Source

The perks seem to raise them into the millions soon after.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. No one is entitled to their own facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindcrime View Post
    The current salary for rank-and-file members of the House and Senate is $174,000 per year. Party leaders earn $193,400, and the Speaker makes $223,500. Source

The perks seem to raise them into the millions soon after.
    and dont forget the cushy pension plan, and healthcare, and the perks that the staffers get.

Its interesting to consider, as we witnesswed whe nChris Fahey was running for state office, and most likely back to his 90k per year congressional aide job now: Wouln't it be refrehing if congressmen/women were paid an as a function of the average middle class wage in their own district Consider, that CF, an aide, makes abuot $90k, which is more than twice what the average family of 4 makes in WNY (if i recall that stat correctly), while congressman BH, makes about twice that. From both of them, we get...rocks moved around on the waterfront ? What is he doing to help bring good paying PRIVATE sector jobs to WNY? My understadnign from CF's campaign is that he seems to know how to bring good paying private sector jibs to WNY. So...he was going to do that ONLY if he was elecetd to state office? So much serving the taxpayer. oh yes, lets fix some roads and bridges. blah blah blah.

but back to orginal point.

And the richest are mostly Democrats... But they are for the working people right?? Just as long as they are working for THEM!
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Thread Information