+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: The REAL Unemployment number is around 42%

  1. #1
    Member FMD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,189

    The REAL Unemployment number is around 42%

    eh... lets play with numbers!

    we have 58% of the countries working age adults, with a job. (been that way for what? 2-3 years now?)
    And yet, some how, we have ONLY 8% unemployment

    So... 8 + 58 = 66% What happened to the other 34%?

    Well, 88 million people who (the other 34%), according to our 'never lie' govt, dont want to work, cause they enjoy having no money, losing everything they have ever worked for, and being homeless...

    So in reality, we have an unemployment rate of 42%, with 8% receiving benefits...

    And ya wonder WHY the economy sucks?
    Quote Originally Posted by NY The Vampire State View Post
    Who pissed in your bowl of paint chips this morning?

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,418
    Quote Originally Posted by FMD View Post
    eh... lets play with numbers!

    we have 58% of the countries working age adults, with a job. (been that way for what? 2-3 years now?)
    And yet, some how, we have ONLY 8% unemployment

    So... 8 + 58 = 66% What happened to the other 34%?

    Well, 88 million people who (the other 34%), according to our 'never lie' govt, dont want to work, cause they enjoy having no money, losing everything they have ever worked for, and being homeless...

    So in reality, we have an unemployment rate of 42%, with 8% receiving benefits...

    And ya wonder WHY the economy sucks?
    its getting closer to the tipping point, just the way a frog boils, not realizing the water is getting hotter til its too late. a few more % of populatin with EITHER govt jobs or getting govt handouts (from the more peeps with the more govt jobs), then you'll have 50+ percent of population dependednt on govt transfer payments via wealth redistribution. the economy ill never grow again, and you'll have one political party deciding winners and losers. Take a good look at obama's admin. That's the goal. Vilify the rich, eben though there are so few of them...BUT..thats what makes it a perfect populsit message of envy. Because MOST people are not rich..so its an EASY populist message "lets penalize the rich folks because YOU dont have what they have"). I'm not wealthy by any way imaginable..but i DO know that i desire an economy full of choice and opportunity for myself and my kids (i know, you ask "wtf are you doing in western NY then?"), as most rational americans have the built in desire to purse their ambitions.

    But you're right..the unemployment rate is wrong. The obama peeps keep hoping that more become discouraged, and stop looking, so they DROP out of the "number of people looking", which has the REAL effect of lowering the unemp rate..even though it completely misrepresents the reality.

    The new statisitic should be "percent of workers whpve dropped out (and become govt dependents)". Funny though how they all complain about GREED...but how many of them were buying mega millions tix in order to get filthy rich themselves. Hypocrits all. and typical...want to get $$ by doing nothing but picking some lottery numbers.

    carry on.

  3. #3
    Member Yankeefan2009's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,157
    I'm going to guess that most of the unemployed 42% is going to vote for Obama (again) to get a second term. It's far too profitable to be lazy and not work under socialism.
    "We're the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad." --Barack Obama

  4. #4
    Member Mr. Lackawanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    2,599
    That is why the Democrats have such power they support the people who will keep them in office.

    When this country was young. What were the qualifications needed to be allowed to vote?
    I bet there was not much voter fraud in those days.
    Has Obama gone yet?

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    17,581
    Quote Originally Posted by FMD View Post
    eh... lets play with numbers!

    we have 58% of the countries working age adults, with a job. (been that way for what? 2-3 years now?)
    And yet, some how, we have ONLY 8% unemployment

    So... 8 + 58 = 66% What happened to the other 34%?

    Well, 88 million people who (the other 34%), according to our 'never lie' govt, dont want to work, cause they enjoy having no money, losing everything they have ever worked for, and being homeless...

    So in reality, we have an unemployment rate of 42%, with 8% receiving benefits...

    And ya wonder WHY the economy sucks?
    Interesting point you raise. Do you have historical figures for that - For instance, what was the "real unemployment number," as you call it - say 5, 10, or 20 years ago?

    Otherwise your numbers are absolutely meaningless (except for the fact that they give twits something to talk about.)

  6. #6
    Member BorderBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,095
    Actually, I was thinking more of a source for those numbers.




    b.b.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Why is unemployment free?
    By yaksplat in forum Morning Breakfast - Breaking News
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: July 25th, 2010, 02:23 AM
  2. Unemployment at 9.4%
    By ILOVEDNY in forum USA Politics and Our Economy
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: June 7th, 2009, 05:01 PM
  3. Unemployment Rip off
    By havemercy7 in forum Albany NY State budget Capital and Governor Andrew Cuomo
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: May 25th, 2005, 02:48 PM
  4. Unemployment rip off for employers
    By havemercy7 in forum Morning Breakfast - Breaking News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 2nd, 2005, 10:49 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts