Thread: Canadian Health Care

Canadian Health Care

Today (04-01-12) while listening to the radio (AM900) the subject was about the Canadian National Health Plan all I heard was one horror story after another. How the people with money were coming to the United States for treatment because of the delays in the .Canadian Health Care system. If this is what we face in this country under Obama care. My advice is don't get sick.
    Last edited by Mr. Lackawanna; April 1st, 2012 at 04:24 PM. Reason: text change
    Russia didn't make me vote for Trump, Hillary did.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lackawanna View Post
    Today (04-01-12) while listening to the radio (AM900) the subject was about the Canadian National Health Plan all I heard was one horror story after another. How the people with money were coming to the United States for treatment because of the delays in the .Canadian Health Care system. If this is what we face in this country under Obama care. My advice is don't get sick.
    Funny, I was just talking to a Canadian who said they liked their system. Furthermore, I wanted to get an appt. with a Dermatologist here and the closest appts were 3 to 4 months out. How's that for competition?? BTW, the Obamacare that everyone is so afraid of is just a big subsidy to HMO's and insurance companies, don't worry, it's just bizniz as usual in the USA.

My cousin is (or was, it's been awhile) Fire Chief in St. Catherines. When I had this discussion with him a few years ago, he had nothing to complain about when it came to their health care and said a lot of the negativity is false and probably purported by the people who are against that type of system
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

HipKat and Genoobie

That sounds like the (Obama's) company line or it could be the truth. I will never know.
    Russia didn't make me vote for Trump, Hillary did.

if the canadian health system was so great, ontario plates wouldnt out number NY plates at ECMC 10 to 1

Also, there is a newly discovered 17 TRILLION dollar budget gap in ObamaCare....

Oh and one more thing, the core problem with medical care in the US is the cost of such care. Period. End of Story. Until the cost is dealt with, nothing will fix it.

In 2003, I was paying $280 a month for health insurance... full coverage... Today, for my 'line of work' it would cost me over $800.

The ever increasing cost of medical care in the US is by design. Its increasing, so that, those who are poor cant afford it.

Its like ECMC billing me $526 to sit in their waiting room, when the CPT codes stipulate a $45 charge (on the high end) and no one seems to be bothered by this? The cost of the education for the medical profession is an absolute rip off. As is most college educations. Ever wonder WHY the cost of medical care has increased by double digit percentages every year? Ever wonder why the cost of college has increased by double digit percentages every year? Ever ask WHY? No of course not cause we are trained not to question 'authority'
    Last edited by FMD; April 5th, 2012 at 05:38 PM.
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Thread Information