Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Lackawanna School Board Shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by jenrose66 View Post
    I'm not a fan of John, never have been...HOWEVER...that doesn't mean you should just vote no for the school budget because you have a distaste for John, that makes you no better than him for taking away the extra polling places.

You guys hope that if we vote a school budget down enough times the school district will magically have higher test scores which is pretty much the only way student performance is measured these days. Guess what, you are in a dream world, we are a city school district with all the challenges that entails, we will never have the same student performance of a Hamburg or Orchard Park district. I have done a fair amount of research on school rankings and the higher the school's rankings the richer the households in the district are.

The reality is that you keep voting down the budget and school resources are taken away. You will lose after school activities (which barely exist in this district as it is), and you lose teachers which mean higher class sizes, which will give each student even less attention...then there is always the chance that things like Pre-K and kindergarten get cut which are truly wonderful programs in our district so you are hurting the kids further by denying them of the excellent educational start that they get in these programs.

I'm not saying the district doesn't need work. I personally feel that change from within is more effective. How many of you on this board (posters or lurkers) are parents that actually have kids/grandkids enrolled in the district? Why don't you take in a PTA meeting? You can meet the principals and talk to some involved parents who not only care about our kids but care about your kids too. You can see everything in the schools that are going right rather than everything you perceive as wrong with the school board. We are happy to brag about everything that was accomplished this year.

When a school board sees an organized and thoughtful parent group who can go in front of them and discuss actual concrete issues we want to see changed and how we believe that change can be established then I think that's when you start to see change. You are not going to see change by voting down budget after budget out of spite.

I will be voting yes on our budget this year and I will do everything I can to persuade everyone I encounter to vote yes as well because a vote no is a vote against the kids no matter how you spin it.

So you believe giving that board with the people who are on it now, 44 millions dollars that things will change in test scores? Not a chance! More Friends and Family will get jobs, watch! Vote Yes and see how many people get jobs. Vote no they are unable to hire friends and family, they lose support like john is and there off that board. Jenrose we need to run these crooks out of town and get people who want to help the children in there. Not people who play tit for tat, support me il give your family member a job. They are crooked, i wouldnt trust them with 100 dollars let alone 44 million to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by ChangeNeededNow View Post
    So you believe giving that board with the people who are on it now, 44 millions dollars that things will change in test scores? Not a chance! More Friends and Family will get jobs, watch! Vote Yes and see how many people get jobs. Vote no they are unable to hire friends and family, they lose support like john is and there off that board. Jenrose we need to run these crooks out of town and get people who want to help the children in there. Not people who play tit for tat, support me il give your family member a job. They are crooked, i wouldnt trust them with 100 dollars let alone 44 million to play with.
    I didn't say voting yes to the budget will raise test scores...I'm just saying voting no will not raise them either. What I'm saying is that you can disagree with who is on the school board but that doesn't mean you vote down the school budget. Vote against the current members of the school board and vote new members in. I think it would be great to get parent members on the school board who care about the children! I would love to serve on the school board one day, I'm college educated and I have a stake with what goes on in the school system for many years to come. However that's not my reality right now...I have 3 small kids and do not regularly attend school board meetings, I'm highly involved at the elementary school, in a couple more years I plan on being involved at a higher level.

I didn't say voting yes to the budget will raise test scores...I'm just saying voting no will not raise them either. What I'm saying is that you can disagree with who is on the school board but that doesn't mean you vote down the school budget. Vote against the current members of the school board and vote new members in. I think it would be great to get parent members on the school board who care about the children! I would love to serve on the school board one day, I'm college educated and I have a stake with what goes on in the school system for many years to come. However that's not my reality right now...I have 3 small kids and do not regularly attend school board meetings, I'm highly involved at the elementary school, in a couple more years I plan on being involved at a higher level.
    Jenrose lets get the nonsense out of this discussion. Education is big business and should be treated as such. Teachers in Lackawanna are paid well. (go to www.Rocdoc.com look up the educational and teachers salaries) Please note that those are last years salaries and they are up this year and will be up again next year. Now what business would maintain a staff that has repeatedly failed to show improvement?

You once stated that the better scores come from the wealthy school districts. You are right because they would not tolerate failure. They would demand change either in the teachers themselves or the manner and environment in which their students were taught. The thought that a poor person does not have the intellect of wealthly families is nonsense. If given the proper teaching they can more than succeed.

Lackawanna School district has one of the highest wages of any school district in Western New York and still we see no movement of the educational bar. Why should we tolerate and reward failure? Throwing more good money after bad will never change the culture of failure. That has to start within the schools and with those that are directly involved with the education of our children. If that is not accomplished we are just spinning our wheels.

As for getting more involved with the school district, this has already been tried by many parents over the years. You see the only solution that many of the parents had was to pull their children out and send them to private schools. A discussion requires that both sides converse and listen to each side. Unfortunately the parents saw little or no change.

Now for the school board. We have seen what they have accomplished which is nothing other than putting more of the family and friends on the payroll. How in the world does that improve the educational results of our children? Other than Sanders each Board member has a personal stake in getting family or friends employment. Voting the budget down will send a clear message that the game is over and we want change. Your money for their jobs is the only thing that these guys care about.
    Last edited by getalife123; April 28th, 2012 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    Communities » Lackawanna
    Lackawanna Schools

Crowd blasts lack of polling spots
    By Charity Vogel
    News Staff Reporter
    Published:April 26, 2012, 12:00 AM

One per ward won’t work — and isn’t fair.

That was the message about polling places delivered to the Lackawanna School Board on Wednesday night, during a meeting crowded with seniors, homeowners and members of the city’s minority groups.

The residents delivered a united— and strong—message to the School Board, telling school officials that one polling place per ward in the city is not acceptable to residents for the upcoming May budget and school election vote.

One voting place per ward — for a total of four polling places in the city of slightly more than 18,000 people — was recently established by the School Board as the plan for the May 15 vote.

In recent years, there have been eight polling places for school votes. Before that, there were even more.

“Having four polling sites in the entire city is unfair — to the elderly, to the handicapped, to those unable to drive,” said resident Mohamed Albanna. “We’re urging you to change the position you have taken, and allow voters to exercise their constitutional right to vote.”

Residents especially focused on the situation in the First Ward, where the lone polling place would be located in a spot difficult to access for many residents.

“You gentlemen and ladies know Lackawanna,” said John Ingram of Church Street. “You know the problems getting to the polling sites. What you did was wrong. You’re denying the voting rights of residents — especially minorities.”

Andrea Haxton, a Bethlehem Park resident whose family has lived in the same First Ward home for four generations, held up a yellow sign reading: “BOE of LSD: Would You Walk Over a Mile to Vote? Voter Suppression.”

“It’s retaliation for us voting no for the budget last year,” Haxton said, of her views on why the board decided to change the polling places this year. “But we can’t afford it.”

Some 75 residents attended the one-hour meeting in the Martin Road Elementary School.

During the meeting, School Board members voted to authorize the district’s attorney, Carl Morgan, to pursue an Article 78 proceeding against the city’s Common Council, over an issue in which the city body tabled a request from the schools to use a certain site as a polling place in the First Ward for the May vote. Article 78 is the statute under which the actions of public bodies can be appealed.

The school budget of slightly more than $45 million, as well as three seats on the School Board, will be put before voters, said Morgan.

School Board members made no public statement about the polling places at the meeting.

The inception of the Article 78 action bothered some in the audience, including City Council President Hank Pirowski.

“It’s very unfortunate that this School Board found it necessary to pursue an Article 78,” Pirowski told the board. “I think it’s a waste of taxpayer dollars. Pirowski said the Council tabled the request at a mid-April meeting.

cvogel@buffnews.com

After the meeting I asked Lackawanna Policeman/School Board Member you know who, if he would walk over a mile to go vote, he answered, " Yes, I would ". I said, " No, you wouldn't ". He said, "Yes, I would"----I said, "No, YOU wouldn't". I said, " OK, on election day, I will meet you at your house and troll along in my car to see you go back and forth to walk the mile to go vote". He then said, " I don't care WHAT YOU think about me, I don't care anything about YOU!"
    He next HOLLARED, "What about ALL THOSE LIES YOU write about me on that blog that I read about?!!!!!?
    I said, " Tell me one lie that I said ".
    He said, " The stuff you write about me and my wife and my salary!!!!!!!!!" I said, "You yourself once told me YOU make $35.00/hour".
    I said, "Public information".........turned and walked away........ALL in front of an eye witness.

Boy, I always liked Officer you know who,.......what is happening here?!
    Dave Joyce is a HUGE disappointment and he should be ashamed of himself!
    When he ran for school board he carried the 1st Ward because everyone thought he would be a voice of reason and do what's right. All he's done since he's been on is get a teacher's aide job for his wife-and in the process, he sold his soul to Makeyenko and Co.to protect it.
    How wrong everyone was! He turned out to be just like the rest of them.....

Post Talk to me in 20 years.......

I'm not a fan of John, never have been...HOWEVER...that doesn't mean you should just vote no for the school budget because you have a distaste for John, that makes you no better than him for taking away the extra polling places.

You guys hope that if we vote a school budget down enough times the school district will magically have higher test scores which is pretty much the only way student performance is measured these days. Guess what, you are in a dream world, we are a city school district with all the challenges that entails, we will never have the same student performance of a Hamburg or Orchard Park district. I have done a fair amount of research on school rankings and the higher the school's rankings the richer the households in the district are.

The reality is that you keep voting down the budget and school resources are taken away. You will lose after school activities (which barely exist in this district as it is), and you lose teachers which mean higher class sizes, which will give each student even less attention...then there is always the chance that things like Pre-K and kindergarten get cut which are truly wonderful programs in our district so you are hurting the kids further by denying them of the excellent educational start that they get in these programs.

I'm not saying the district doesn't need work. I personally feel that change from within is more effective. How many of you on this board (posters or lurkers) are parents that actually have kids/grandkids enrolled in the district? Why don't you take in a PTA meeting? You can meet the principals and talk to some involved parents who not only care about our kids but care about your kids too. You can see everything in the schools that are going right rather than everything you perceive as wrong with the school board. We are happy to brag about everything that was accomplished this year.

When a school board sees an organized and thoughtful parent group who can go in front of them and discuss actual concrete issues we want to see changed and how we believe that change can be established then I think that's when you start to see change. You are not going to see change by voting down budget after budget out of spite.

I will be voting yes on our budget this year and I will do everything I can to persuade everyone I encounter to vote yes as well because a vote no is a vote against the kids no matter how you spin it.

The year was 1995, I was on the P.T.A. ......I went to every School Board meeting, school concerts-field trip parent, etc. My dtr. was 9 yrs. old and I was 42, had a great job, new car, owned my own home and had no so-called "dirt" for them to come after me about.
    But they came anyway because of the jobs and power involved with the position. I did not realize that, I just wanted to help the kids and parents have the cool-school they deserve. Bot did I ever get a reality check!

The deplorable conditions (dripping pipes on the heads of OUR babies when they ate in the basement cafeteria) at Franklin, and the fact that my daughter could not read well enough by the 4th grade (yes, we paid tutors and summer programs big bucks)..........this all compelled me to run for the BOE as a parent rep. because I knew if it was happening to me, and I/we were on top of things, then it must have been happening to other parents and kids.

WRONG move on my part, the current BOE President who ran against me called me every name in the book, literally spit in my face while screaming how no good I was, and ran my fair campaign efforts into the ground!
    Why I still have a Police Report which no-one from the LPD would help me press on him pending from 2005 when he screamed again at me one evening. Whatever, "Vengeance is mine, saith the Lord".

I too resent the fact that you inferred the fact that poor people are stupider.
    Yes, the BOE will sit on their platform and listen......and aside from the new Truman Bond.......let's keep this real.
    They are re-active--NOT proactive towards the children and parents or the kids, cheerleaders,etc. would not have to be peddling candy bars on day one! C'mon, a few years ago, actually I won't go into this other scam......but do you know OUR reconstructed/remodeled track AND pool do NOT meet regulations like other schools do for meets, etc.? Lots of "perks will come with the $6.65 mil Bond job.....they know it and certain people want a piece of the "working lunches", ect.

The BOE right after being elected in the last 5 years has directly hired a family or friend member within 1 month or so of being sworn in! WHAT is the priority? Books and programs for the kids OR a pension for so and so?!?

jen, I would walk too......I had no car many times and had to fan-angle to get to a meeting or wherever, I understand what you are saying. What you are not seeing is the demographics involved with the polling places picked by the LSD BOE for the May 15, 2012 election/Budget Vote.
    Go drive them all, clock the mileage for all, and maybe you will understand that there is VOTER SUPPRESSION to the max going on in LA. There is a bigger picture going on here...WHY is the BOE going to take the City Council to Court? Just go hire the Yemen Hall or St. Anthony's where the majority of voters are historically programed to go vote at? I am sure us Beth Park folks would not mind going to one of them which is more central than the Bocce Court for all>

Only in Lackawanna, it's their ball....and they are taking it home.
    Shame!
    Last edited by andreahaxton; April 28th, 2012 at 03:36 PM.

How does it feel to be John's big biatch Dave?
    How do you feel when you look at yourself in the mirror and realize you've done this to yourself for a $30,000/yr job??
    Are you proud of yourself???

Quote Originally Posted by stonecold View Post
    Dave Joyce is a HUGE disappointment and he should be ashamed of himself!
    When he ran for school board he carried the 1st Ward because everyone thought he would be a voice of reason and do what's right. All he's done since he's been on is get a teacher's aide job for his wife-and in the process, he sold his soul to Makeyenko and Co.to protect it.
    How wrong everyone was! He turned out to be just like the rest of them.....
    WOW did you call that one right!

Post It Gets Worse!

Quote Originally Posted by stonecold View Post
    How does it feel to be John's big biatch Dave?
    How do you feel when you look at yourself in the mirror and realize you've done this to yourself for a $30,000/yr job??
    Are you proud of yourself???
    The ever-growing LA Grapevine has told me that some long-standing Lackawanna School District employees have been fired to in order to create a position to give BOE family and friends members jobs.
    If this is true....this is really hitting below the belt!
    And if they sue, (which I hope they are)....what does the BOE care?!? It won't come from their paycheck......again, what is the educational back-round of the current BOE and company?

I do not really know who all the players are....can anyone do a direct BOE and company, family and friends tree?
    Last edited by andreahaxton; April 28th, 2012 at 04:15 PM.

Voting against the budget is symbolic more than anything. It is telling them that you aren't happy with stewardship of OUR money.

As for John, he is NOT stupid, diabolical maybe, but not stupid. Consider this:

Lisa Friend - gets elected as a fresh face that was going to do what is right. Almost immediately after taking office, her husband is given a job after it was taken away from the long tenured employee who was doing it before. Now that same husband was just given union protection. The result, Lisa is totally beholden to John John and has to do everything he says.

Ron Miller - gets elected as an upstanding leader in our police department who will do what's right for our kids, like he did for our citizens as a police officer. His wife gets a teacher's aide position, and he does everything John John wants to protect her.

Maureen Gambino - first, she is the secretary to the last two mayors. Her husband is head of building maintenance for the City. Life is good, but...John John shows her how he can get her daughter a job in the district. Now she is beholding to him to protect her daughter's job so she has to do everything he wants.

Ken Motyka - he got his wife a teacher's aide job a long time ago. Back when John John was threatening to beat him up in bars. But now, he goes along with everything J J tells him because he has to protect his son's new job in the City DPW since John John is supported by the current and the former mayors. check the newly placed lawn signs and see above for who their secretary is/was.

Dave Joyce - this is the funniest of them all. He comes out as the upstanding law enforcement type who wants to do what is right for the kids. LOL. His first meeting accomplishments: His wife gets her job as a teacher's aide. This should be no surprise, since he stated many times (though not in his feel good articles in the Front Page) that he was only running to get her that job. But when the budget was voted down, it was thought this was an insurmountable task. But John John stepped in to save the day and show DJ how he could get his wife that job. Once that was done DJ "owes" JJ and will vote any way he tells him to!

All these antics are done with the blessing of the supposed savior, Nick Korach, our beloved superintendent. I remember many years ago he was deemed the savior for the district, but he wouldn't take the superintendent job until he was close to retirement because "he didn't trust the board." Fast forward to now and he may be the biggest disappointment of them all. He reached retirement age, took the supe job to pad his pension, and allows JJ to run amok while this once esteemed teacher/administrator looks like an idiot just riding out his time. He is the biggest disappointment because he was expected to be better than that.

Post Truth......Supreme Reality!

Quote Originally Posted by LAsurvivor View Post
    Voting against the budget is symbolic more than anything. It is telling them that you aren't happy with stewardship of OUR money.

As for John, he is NOT stupid, diabolical maybe, but not stupid. Consider this:

Lisa Friend - gets elected as a fresh face that was going to do what is right. Almost immediately after taking office, her husband is given a job after it was taken away from the long tenured employee who was doing it before. Now that same husband was just given union protection. The result, Lisa is totally beholden to John John and has to do everything he says.

Ron Miller - gets elected as an upstanding leader in our police department who will do what's right for our kids, like he did for our citizens as a police officer. His wife gets a teacher's aide position, and he does everything John John wants to protect her.

Maureen Gambino - first, she is the secretary to the last two mayors. Her husband is head of building maintenance for the City. Life is good, but...John John shows her how he can get her daughter a job in the district. Now she is beholding to him to protect her daughter's job so she has to do everything he wants.

Ken Motyka - he got his wife a teacher's aide job a long time ago. Back when John John was threatening to beat him up in bars. But now, he goes along with everything J J tells him because he has to protect his son's new job in the City DPW since John John is supported by the current and the former mayors. check the newly placed lawn signs and see above for who their secretary is/was.

Dave Joyce - this is the funniest of them all. He comes out as the upstanding law enforcement type who wants to do what is right for the kids. LOL. His first meeting accomplishments: His wife gets her job as a teacher's aide. This should be no surprise, since he stated many times (though not in his feel good articles in the Front Page) that he was only running to get her that job. But when the budget was voted down, it was thought this was an insurmountable task. But John John stepped in to save the day and show DJ how he could get his wife that job. Once that was done DJ "owes" JJ and will vote any way he tells him to!

All these antics are done with the blessing of the supposed savior, Nick Korach, our beloved superintendent. I remember many years ago he was deemed the savior for the district, but he wouldn't take the superintendent job until he was close to retirement because "he didn't trust the board." Fast forward to now and he may be the biggest disappointment of them all. He reached retirement age, took the supe job to pad his pension, and allows JJ to run amok while this once esteemed teacher/administrator looks like an idiot just riding out his time. He is the biggest disappointment because he was expected to be better than that.
    !!!!And!!!!!!Etc.Etc.Etc.!
    Sad, but true, LA survivor...........Very well put!

Off the LA School Web page:

Dear Lackawanna Residents,

The children and citizens of Lackawanna have always deserved the best in education and administration. Now more than ever, given the changing social and economic conditions influencing all of us, it is imperative that we seek to reshape and improve our educational institutions to benefit our students and the community.
    Having been a teacher and administrator in the Lackawanna City School District for the past thirty-seven years, I know we have the talented educators who can affect this positive change. As a native Lackawannan, I have a personal commitment to make this happen for our School District and our City.
    Together with the Board of Education, Administration, Faculty and Staff of the Lackawanna City School District, I am looking forward to a successful and educational 2011-2012 school year for all.

Thank you for your continued support of the Lackawanna City School District.
    Sincerely,
    Nicholas D. Korach
    Superintendent of Schools

OUR VISION
    Our Vision is to educate and support all of our students in meeting or exceeding the New York State Learning Standards necessary to graduate from the Lackawanna City School District and to become contributing members of the community.

OUR MISSION
    All Faculty and Staff of the Lackawanna City School District will implement and continually refine a well-defined standards-based curriculum which is culturally responsive to the needs of all students in order to develop their academic knowledge and skills, educational and career pursuits, lifelong learning and social responsibility.

What did he say? Anything earth-shattering? Has he taken us to the heights that HE was going to take LA Schools to??!!?? And to the tune of $150,000/yr for appr. 1800 kids with LIFETIME NO COST MEDICAL benefits for him and his FAMILY! How many regular citizens who work a full year with only a week or two of vacation get those kind CADILLAC benes??!!?? You are right on LA...pension padding! And the Peter Principle....too bad, I too, always had hope in him.

And the BOE's " social responsibility "??!!?? HaHa!
    Maybe there are things that we are not aware of....but they sure love to toot their horn like they did in their recent political newspaper article.......WE did this, and WE are going to do that. Why that stuff should have been done over 20 years ago to Truman, go look at the entrance over-hang! Pathetic! Now they are doing it like they are giving the kids something....give me a break! Wah-wah!
    To articles should say, "to get their family and friends jobs" .......and take away programs while giving themselves raises and promotions??!!?? We need EVERY job and benes in the BUDGET broke down next! Nothing personal.....but the greed over children succeeding has got to go!

Let's keep this in perspective.
    Again, Very nice post LAsurvivor! Nice!

Trying to Redeem Himself

LA - your post was super, you read my mind. The only thing you forgot was Nick's dark side a few years back. I think he plays the game for family sake to redeem himself.

Again, all I'm saying is that the children are pawns in this whole thing and that's sad. Before any sweetheart jobs are cut or anything else happens the kids will suffer and have their resources cut. The majority of this city doesn't care about voting for stuff like this, a few thousand decide for 18 or 20 thousand people. I am happy with the elementary school and I don't want to see that school lose any more funding, so I will vote yes on the budget. When my son is ready to enter 6th or 7th grade, if I'm uncomfortable with things in the school, we will move or pay for private school...just like everyone else.

Jen - you are entitled to vote any way you want. I think the point is that it doesn't matter because this current board leadership doesn't care about the kids. If they were acting in the best interests of the kids, the people would vote for the budgets every time. The answer is to get rid of the current cast of characters who are mismanaging our system...and our children's future.

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    The year was 1995, I was on the P.T.A. ......I went to every School Board meeting, school concerts-field trip parent, etc. My dtr. was 9 yrs. old and I was 42, had a great job, new car, owned my own home and had no so-called "dirt" for them to come after me about.
    But they came anyway because of the jobs and power involved with the position. I did not realize that, I just wanted to help the kids and parents have the cool-school they deserve. Bot did I ever get a reality check!

The deplorable conditions (dripping pipes on the heads of OUR babies when they ate in the basement cafeteria) at Franklin, and the fact that my daughter could not read well enough by the 4th grade (yes, we paid tutors and summer programs big bucks)..........this all compelled me to run for the BOE as a parent rep. because I knew if it was happening to me, and I/we were on top of things, then it must have been happening to other parents and kids.

WRONG move on my part, the current BOE President who ran against me called me every name in the book, literally spit in my face while screaming how no good I was, and ran my fair campaign efforts into the ground!
    Why I still have a Police Report which no-one from the LPD would help me press on him pending from 2005 when he screamed again at me one evening. Whatever, "Vengeance is mine, saith the Lord".

I too resent the fact that you inferred the fact that poor people are stupider.

Yes, the BOE will sit on their platform and listen......and aside from the new Truman Bond.......let's keep this real.
    They are re-active--NOT proactive towards the children and parents or the kids, cheerleaders,etc. would not have to be peddling candy bars on day one! C'mon, a few years ago, actually I won't go into this other scam......but do you know OUR reconstructed/remodeled track AND pool do NOT meet regulations like other schools do for meets, etc.? Lots of "perks will come with the $6.65 mil Bond job.....they know it and certain people want a piece of the "working lunches", ect.

The BOE right after being elected in the last 5 years has directly hired a family or friend member within 1 month or so of being sworn in! WHAT is the priority? Books and programs for the kids OR a pension for so and so?!?

jen, I would walk too......I had no car many times and had to fan-angle to get to a meeting or wherever, I understand what you are saying. What you are not seeing is the demographics involved with the polling places picked by the LSD BOE for the May 15, 2012 election/Budget Vote.
    Go drive them all, clock the mileage for all, and maybe you will understand that there is VOTER SUPPRESSION to the max going on in LA. There is a bigger picture going on here...WHY is the BOE going to take the City Council to Court? Just go hire the Yemen Hall or St. Anthony's where the majority of voters are historically programed to go vote at? I am sure us Beth Park folks would not mind going to one of them which is more central than the Bocce Court for all>

Only in Lackawanna, it's their ball....and they are taking it home.
    Shame!
    I did not infer that poor people are stupider. We do not have a lot of financial resources in our house right now and my kids are no where near stupid. Parental involvement weighs heavily in student success and when there is a single parent house hold and mom is working all the time, it makes it harder to spend time reading to your child or helping them with their homework and that will be reflected in their school performance.

Quote Originally Posted by LAsurvivor View Post
    Jen - you are entitled to vote any way you want. I think the point is that it doesn't matter because this current board leadership doesn't care about the kids. If they were acting in the best interests of the kids, the people would vote for the budgets every time. The answer is to get rid of the current cast of characters who are mismanaging our system...and our children's future.
    How is it a school boards fault for low test scores,how is it that they dont care about kids, maybe if you took some time and really looked into the factors that contribute to the rankings, you would have a better understanding of why the district ranks where it does. Your ignorance to the process and political agenda does nothing but hurt the kids. And before you rant on and say im on the school board ,please dont because im not. Take the time out of your day to go and observe the middle school and high school for a day or two like i did and you will have a whole new perspective on why we are we we are at, along with the way the schools are graded and what factors into the ranking. Then maybe you will have a opinion that is worth listening to. You are the one that doesnt care about the kids , all you care about is you political agenda!

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information