Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Lackawanna School Board Shenanigans

You pople care nothing about anything but attention to yourself at the least amount of effort sitting on your fat asses and typing, Andrea you for one, always talk about cleaning up LA, when its time to put in any kind of physical effort, your gone like a shadow at night. Its time for you to start doing and quit your complaining, lets try this work as hard on your effforts to do good bye actually doing something about the situation that you are worried about, without pointing fingers and without taliking about it, get off your ass and do something and stop talking.Blah blah blah is nothing more than BULL BULL BULL!

people and a few more corrections, i dont want to get attacked for misspelled words

Quote Originally Posted by stonecold View Post
    Where is the cleanup? City wide? Wards? Where? Who organized? Where was this advertised? First I am hearing of it, have plans Saturday morning. Would have liked to hear about this sooner. Poor communication, par for the course in LA.
    Hey, i just looked you up on facebook, your a member of second warders remember, thats where its been being advertised,so save your bs unless you dont go on facebook anymore

Quote Originally Posted by lackawanna #1 View Post
    You pople care nothing about anything but attention to yourself at the least amount of effort sitting on your fat asses and typing, Andrea you for one, always talk about cleaning up LA, when its time to put in any kind of physical effort, your gone like a shadow at night. Its time for you to start doing and quit your complaining, lets try this work as hard on your effforts to do good bye actually doing something about the situation that you are worried about, without pointing fingers and without taliking about it, get off your ass and do something and stop talking.Blah blah blah is nothing more than BULL BULL BULL!
    Lackawanna #1, Andrea posts alot of facts that you seem never to agree with. All I see coming from you is alot of Hot Air and dribble. Same old tired rhetoric.

Post Sorry

Changed around my schedule to participate in clean-up this morn.
    Was going to bring the Grand-kids but they are just getting over a bug....so the rain stopped me.
    Sorry.
    Is it rescheduled?

P.S. lack1,
    Do you kiss your wife and kids with that mouth?!?
    Extremely uncouth to say the least! Not to mention class and manners.
    " Gone like a shadow at night"? Please, Over the past 20 years, I have been in more clean-ups than you will ever make.....and I have the pictures and co-cleaners to prove it. Anytime you want me to!
    "Getting off my ass?" Excuse me, "fat ass".......too funny!
    The corner of Ridge and Ingham the 9 1/2 years I/WE had the store was a very bright and shining spot on the strip.......people still stop me and wish it was back.
    Look at it now and look who owns it. Real caring people there.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    lackawanna #1?

Did you do anything for earth day?

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    Changed around my schedule to participate in clean-up this morn.
    Was going to bring the Grand-kids but they are just getting over a bug....so the rain stopped me.
    Sorry.
    Is it rescheduled?

P.S. lack1,
    Do you kiss your wife and kids with that mouth?!?
    Extremely uncouth to say the least! Not to mention class and manners.
    " Gone like a shadow at night"? Please, Over the past 20 years, I have been in more clean-ups than you will ever make.....and I have the pictures and co-cleaners to prove it. Anytime you want me to!
    "Getting off my ass?" Excuse me, "fat ass".......too funny!
    The corner of Ridge and Ingham the 9 1/2 years I/WE had the store was a very bright and shining spot on the strip.......people still stop me and wish it was back.
    Look at it now and look who owns it. Real caring people there.
    the clean up went on with great success and lots of fun, why would it be rescheduled when it wasnt cancelled,lame excuses from Andrea when it comes to actually doing instead of talking! blah,blah bla!

Post One for the Kids!

the clean up went on with great success and lots of fun, why would it be rescheduled when it wasnt cancelled,lame excuses from Andrea when it comes to actually doing instead of talking! blah,blah bla!
    Now how about cleaning the poli-tricks out of OUR Lackawanna, NY school district?!?

BTW: If the clean-up started at 10 am and you were on this Forum at 12:24 pm lack1, how much cleaning did YOU get done, in between the fun?
    What was done specifically?
    Who went into the First Ward and what was cleaned? If you cleaned City property, WHY, when we had a mild winter and I am sure the DPW had time to do already? The street-sweeper does a good job too, and if folks kept up their own yards/streets we would be in shape. People used to have so much more respect than they do now.

I wonder how many people get a ticket for littering? I know they have to be caught doing it, so it is not easy......when City Hall/ municipality looks so bad it sets the tone for the whole City. Too much littering being done in this City, maybe signs with the BIG fines, and a few getting caught will raise the bar. You don't see it in Orchard Park or Hamburg as much at all. What gives people the right to trash Lackawanna.....? Trickle down effect does....people think if they don't care, why should I........?

Nice to see you younger folks pitching in now. Thanks lack1 and company!

Wow,u are the master of deflection, ok you couldnt make it, thats all we need to here, right of way you blame the city , litterers, everyone else. if you would have been there , you would no what was done. but, i do agree with you something has to be done about the trash all over the city problem, landlords being responsible for thier tenants and properties would be a good start i think. extensive fines !

Post A real " hot potato " if there ever was one!

Communities » Lackawanna
    Lackawanna Schools

Crowd blasts lack of polling spots
    By Charity Vogel
    News Staff Reporter
    Published:April 26, 2012, 12:00 AM

One per ward won’t work — and isn’t fair.

That was the message about polling places delivered to the Lackawanna School Board on Wednesday night, during a meeting crowded with seniors, homeowners and members of the city’s minority groups.

The residents delivered a united— and strong—message to the School Board, telling school officials that one polling place per ward in the city is not acceptable to residents for the upcoming May budget and school election vote.

One voting place per ward — for a total of four polling places in the city of slightly more than 18,000 people — was recently established by the School Board as the plan for the May 15 vote.

In recent years, there have been eight polling places for school votes. Before that, there were even more.

“Having four polling sites in the entire city is unfair — to the elderly, to the handicapped, to those unable to drive,” said resident Mohamed Albanna. “We’re urging you to change the position you have taken, and allow voters to exercise their constitutional right to vote.”

Residents especially focused on the situation in the First Ward, where the lone polling place would be located in a spot difficult to access for many residents.

“You gentlemen and ladies know Lackawanna,” said John Ingram of Church Street. “You know the problems getting to the polling sites. What you did was wrong. You’re denying the voting rights of residents — especially minorities.”

Andrea Haxton, a Bethlehem Park resident whose family has lived in the same First Ward home for four generations, held up a yellow sign reading: “BOE of LSD: Would You Walk Over a Mile to Vote? Voter Suppression.”

“It’s retaliation for us voting no for the budget last year,” Haxton said, of her views on why the board decided to change the polling places this year. “But we can’t afford it.”

Some 75 residents attended the one-hour meeting in the Martin Road Elementary School.

During the meeting, School Board members voted to authorize the district’s attorney, Carl Morgan, to pursue an Article 78 proceeding against the city’s Common Council, over an issue in which the city body tabled a request from the schools to use a certain site as a polling place in the First Ward for the May vote. Article 78 is the statute under which the actions of public bodies can be appealed.

The school budget of slightly more than $45 million, as well as three seats on the School Board, will be put before voters, said Morgan.

School Board members made no public statement about the polling places at the meeting.

The inception of the Article 78 action bothered some in the audience, including City Council President Hank Pirowski.

“It’s very unfortunate that this School Board found it necessary to pursue an Article 78,” Pirowski told the board. “I think it’s a waste of taxpayer dollars. Pirowski said the Council tabled the request at a mid-April meeting.

cvogel@buffnews.com

After the meeting I asked Lackawanna Policeman/School Board Member you know who, if he would walk over a mile to go vote, he answered, " Yes, I would ". I said, " No, you wouldn't ". He said, "Yes, I would"----I said, "No, YOU wouldn't". I said, " OK, on election day, I will meet you at your house and troll along in my car to see you go back and forth to walk the mile to go vote". He then said, " I don't care WHAT YOU think about me, I don't care anything about YOU!"
    He next HOLLARED, "What about ALL THOSE LIES YOU write about me on that blog that I read about?!!!!!?
    I said, " Tell me one lie that I said ".
    He said, " The stuff you write about me and my wife and my salary!!!!!!!!!" I said, "You yourself once told me YOU make $35.00/hour".
    I said, "Public information".........turned and walked away........ALL in front of an eye witness.

Boy, I always liked Officer you know who,.......what is happening here?!

Mr. Officer the truth hurts! If there lies defend yourself Mr. Officer & wife.

I'm not saying that I agree or disagree with the choice of polling places for the school election...However, I would no doubt walk 1 mile to vote and happily walk the mile home too. I'm not saying everyone can do that, but I can and would because the school budget vote is important to me and directly affects my family. If the polling places remain unchanged that's not an excuse to not vote if you really want to. People can make arrangements to get a ride if they can't walk or volunteers can drive those who can't walk to the polls. It's a shame there has to be a ton of fighting about this, plain and simple, if you want to vote than you can find a way...plus aren't there absentee votes, if you can't make it to the polls ask for a mail in ballot. No one is denying anyone's right to vote.

Quote Originally Posted by jenrose66 View Post
    I'm not saying that I agree or disagree with the choice of polling places for the school election...However, I would no doubt walk 1 mile to vote and happily walk the mile home too. I'm not saying everyone can do that, but I can and would because the school budget vote is important to me and directly affects my family. If the polling places remain unchanged that's not an excuse to not vote if you really want to. People can make arrangements to get a ride if they can't walk or volunteers can drive those who can't walk to the polls. It's a shame there has to be a ton of fighting about this, plain and simple, if you want to vote than you can find a way...plus aren't there absentee votes, if you can't make it to the polls ask for a mail in ballot. No one is denying anyone's right to vote.
    As a Citizen of the United States of America, We are granted the right to vote! Don’t you believe elected officials especially ones who are elected to represent our children in the School District should encourage people to get out and vote? In 11th and 12th grade you take Government and learn about the people who fought for that right on our behalf, and the minorities or women who couldn’t vote. These elected officials of the School Board are making a mockery of our Constitutional right. They instead want to make it hard for people to go and vote. You want to know why? Because Johnny boy is up for reelection and everyone knows he is out, and so is his budget. The board believes if they can cut out or eliminate most of the first ward minorities coming out Johnny boy can sneak back in. Voting should be made easy, and encourage the youth who just turned 18 to get out and vote. This is a dirty move by this board and I give a lot of credit to the group of citizens who is standing up for the rest of the people in our Great City of Lackawanna. Also Council President Pirowski, and the rest of the council for doing right by the people who you represent. I ask of you councilmen to not back down from the board or this petition of article 78 which was filed. We as citizens finally have a council who is listening to the people and representing them, not just filling a seat, for that I give you great men credit! Keep up the good work! Vote NO on the Budget, and for NO to John Makeyenko>>

You are so right, a vote NO on the budget, and vote John Makeyenko OUT. This city deserves more. Good job council dont let big boy John Makeyenko intimidate you.

Quote Originally Posted by getalife123 View Post
    You are so right, a vote NO on the budget, and vote John Makeyenko OUT. This city deserves more. Good job council dont let big boy John Makeyenko intimidate you.
    I'm not a fan of John, never have been...HOWEVER...that doesn't mean you should just vote no for the school budget because you have a distaste for John, that makes you no better than him for taking away the extra polling places.

You guys hope that if we vote a school budget down enough times the school district will magically have higher test scores which is pretty much the only way student performance is measured these days. Guess what, you are in a dream world, we are a city school district with all the challenges that entails, we will never have the same student performance of a Hamburg or Orchard Park district. I have done a fair amount of research on school rankings and the higher the school's rankings the richer the households in the district are.

The reality is that you keep voting down the budget and school resources are taken away. You will lose after school activities (which barely exist in this district as it is), and you lose teachers which mean higher class sizes, which will give each student even less attention...then there is always the chance that things like Pre-K and kindergarten get cut which are truly wonderful programs in our district so you are hurting the kids further by denying them of the excellent educational start that they get in these programs.

I'm not saying the district doesn't need work. I personally feel that change from within is more effective. How many of you on this board (posters or lurkers) are parents that actually have kids/grandkids enrolled in the district? Why don't you take in a PTA meeting? You can meet the principals and talk to some involved parents who not only care about our kids but care about your kids too. You can see everything in the schools that are going right rather than everything you perceive as wrong with the school board. We are happy to brag about everything that was accomplished this year.

When a school board sees an organized and thoughtful parent group who can go in front of them and discuss actual concrete issues we want to see changed and how we believe that change can be established then I think that's when you start to see change. You are not going to see change by voting down budget after budget out of spite.

I will be voting yes on our budget this year and I will do everything I can to persuade everyone I encounter to vote yes as well because a vote no is a vote against the kids no matter how you spin it.

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information