Thread: Lackawanna Police Officer Investigated

Lackawanna Police Officer Investigated

Inquiring minds want to know: why was a Lackawanna Police Officer investigated by the District Attorneys Office for rape?

Since I posed the question my original thought was to just spew venom about what occurred. But that would be unproductive and cause people to dig their heels in. When I was appointed to the police department that I worked for (not Lackawanna) 40 years ago you could not get hired if you had more that 1-2 traffic tickets on your record (I’ve seen it happen). Are the standards that low now in Lackawanna? Am I castigating the entire Lackawanna Police Department? No. I have friends and a family member who were Lackawanna Police Officers. All were hardworking, honest men. I am calling into question the character, integrity and honesty of one individual recently hired by the police department. So now the question arises: “where’s the proof?” At this point there is none. The rape took place two years ago. So it is a he-said, she- said situation at this point. I believe the girl. There were text messages from the individual to the girl to not tell anyone about it. We are still trying to retrieve them. If that is possible there will be criminal action. It is for that reason I do not identify the individual. And I will leave out the details of the crime. But if you want to know who it is, call your council member and ask. None of the city council members were aware of the District Attorney’s investigation until I called them about it. Or ask the mayor’s wife. She was sent a text message from the girl’s mother explaining the situation. Or ask the mayor. He didn’t return my phone call. I know the politics of Lackawanna. My mother was born in the “Old Village” and grew up on Ingham Ave. I lived in Lackawanna before I was appointed to a suburban police department. So what can we expect? You be the judge (no pun intended). Oh yeah – my reason for the interest in this matter. The girl is my granddaughter.

HMMMMMM. Would that officers initials be RM?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Angry Sad.....very sad

Quote Originally Posted by Local Joe View Post
    Since I posed the question my original thought was to just spew venom about what occurred. But that would be unproductive and cause people to dig their heels in. When I was appointed to the police department that I worked for (not Lackawanna) 40 years ago you could not get hired if you had more that 1-2 traffic tickets on your record (I’ve seen it happen). Are the standards that low now in Lackawanna? Am I castigating the entire Lackawanna Police Department? No. I have friends and a family member who were Lackawanna Police Officers. All were hardworking, honest men. I am calling into question the character, integrity and honesty of one individual recently hired by the police department. So now the question arises: “where’s the proof?” At this point there is none. The rape took place two years ago. So it is a he-said, she- said situation at this point. I believe the girl. There were text messages from the individual to the girl to not tell anyone about it. We are still trying to retrieve them. If that is possible there will be criminal action. It is for that reason I do not identify the individual. And I will leave out the details of the crime. But if you want to know who it is, call your council member and ask. None of the city council members were aware of the District Attorney’s investigation until I called them about it. Or ask the mayor’s wife. She was sent a text message from the girl’s mother explaining the situation. Or ask the mayor. He didn’t return my phone call. I know the politics of Lackawanna. My mother was born in the “Old Village” and grew up on Ingham Ave. I lived in Lackawanna before I was appointed to a suburban police department. So what can we expect? You be the judge (no pun intended). Oh yeah – my reason for the interest in this matter. The girl is my granddaughter.
    ************************************************** ************************************************** ******************

This is all news to me, and I am very saddened for you all.

Lots of fast cover-ups here in LA, LOTS! In fact that is why we have the negative image we have.
    People know the truths.
    And so does our Lord, that is why he has been peeling back the onion skin lately......."

" It is said that power corrupts, but actually it's more true that power attracts the corruptible. The sane are usually attracted by other things than power. "
    David Brin

Power, True, Said
    " Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. "
    John Acton

I don't understand how they live with themselves.......oh yeah, " the family and friends club ". Putting a square peg in a round hole should be on their campaign shirts.

Man-UP.

No initials. But he is/was a 2nd ward committeeman who worked on the current mayor's election campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by literal View Post
    HMMMMMM. Would that officers initials be RM?
    Once again, no initials. But if you read the Police Blotter in the Front Page there is an entry about a officer being bit by a dog. I do hope the dog is OK.

Food for thought from a Lackawanna school teacher…… since the Lackawanna Board of Education hires off-duty Lackawanna Police Officers for security in the senior high school, would this guy be able to work in the high school around teen-age girls?

why hasnt this police officers name picture and age been plastered all over the news?
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Quote Originally Posted by FMD View Post
    why hasnt this police officers name picture and age been plastered all over the news?
    Do the words "politically connected Lackawanna police officer" give you a clue FMD?

Local Joe, I'm sorry that happened to your granddaughter. You didn't state her age, but, teenage girls are oftentimes shocked, ashamed and too embarrassed to think logically and seek medical attention for rape evidence. Is this what happened with her?
    Last edited by buffy; July 5th, 2013 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by buffy View Post
    Do the words "politically connected Lackawanna police officer" give you a clue FMD?

Local Joe, I'm sorry that happened to your granddaughter. You didn't state her age, but, teenage girls are oftentimes shocked, ashamed and too embarrassed to think logically and seek medical attention for rape evidence. Is this what happened with her?
    She was 17 at the time and was probably fearful, ashamed and embarrassed.

Funny how this officer's name has not been divulged. Funny how, I have heard, that this very same officer was recently at a 4th of July party in Bethlehem Park dressed in his uniform and in a Lackawanna Police cruiser, which probably means he was on duty, and was seen doing test-tube shots with the party throwers. Funny.

Quote Originally Posted by bethpark12 View Post
    Funny how this officer's name has not been divulged. Funny how, I have heard, that this very same officer was recently at a 4th of July party in Bethlehem Park dressed in his uniform and in a Lackawanna Police cruiser, which probably means he was on duty, and was seen doing test-tube shots with the party throwers. Funny.
    Actually, it's not funny. Not in the least.

The 4th of July is a busy night and what he did is a liability. We the taxpayers will pay for his mistakes.

Signing his Oath of Office to "Serve and Protect"? (@stillfat)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Isn't he the same one that ticketed all the cars that people parked in their lawns when there was a water main break?

Class act loser

Thread Information