Thread: So what is the point of saying what you stand for?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Speaking of political opportunists: http://www.buffalonews.com/city/poli...icle774659.ece

Erie County Conservative Chairman Ralph C. Lorigo, whose party signed on with Fahey despite the candidate's support for late-term abortions and same-sex marriage -- two subjects that violate the party's deepest core principles. Lorigo also gambled and lost.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    What is the definition of a hypocrite?

The conservative Party in Erie County and NY are not conservative, they are a scam. I was a registered Conservative for some time after initially being Republican, I left two years ago - Long & Lorigo may be good men, I do not know, but the decisions they make reek to high heaven and violate the platform of the Conservative Party.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Joe, I wanted to make you aware of something that occurred today (Friday). Ralph Lorigo called Niagara County Conservative Party Chairman Dan Weiss and they had a pretty volatile exchange. From what I understand, the call, which was initiated by Lorigo, centered on Weiss' criticism of Lorigo's endorsements of Liberal candidates who support beliefs that greatly conflict with Conservative values, including partial-birth abortion, as well as other positions that deviate from the core principles of the party.

Lorigo did not call Weiss in a gentlemanly manner to have a rational discussion of their differences. Lorigo got right into it with Weiss, threatening him with a lawsuit over Weiss' criticism. Weiss held his ground and did not back down to Lorigo's threats. Make no mistake about it, this conversation got heated. Weiss told Lorigo in no uncertain terms that he would not compromise his principles, and he would not back off on his criticism of Lorigo's repeated support of candidates that do not adhere to Conservative values. Lorigo did not appreciate the fact that his attempts to threaten and intimidate Weiss were not effective.

Clearly the recent election losses by Lorigo's endorsed candidates are getting to him. The Buffalo News article citing him as one of the Election Day losers really got under Lorigo's skin, because he's not used to being criticized. One thing is for sure, he'd better learn that there are certain ways to resolve differences. His call to Weiss is certainly a lesson in how not to handle criticism.
    I wonder if he would of pursued it with as much vigor as the suit he filed against Bove and Clarke?
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Thread Information