Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: School Budget? What a joke!

Angry School Budget? What a joke!

We, the citizens of Lackawanna, are being asked, and in some cases down-right hounded, to vote on a budget. WHY would any of us vote 'yes' on a budget that is sending the entire School Board, including respective spouses, to Jamaica in April for so-called 'meetings'??? WE WOULDN'T!!! I work for a highly profitable public company yet they don't send us to luxurious places for meetings - they cram us all into a conference room on-site and we are lucky if they provide coffee!!! WAKE UP dear School Board members, and smell what you are shoveling! I hope none of you think you will be re-elected - this Friends and Family thing must come to an end. Forego the FREE vacations and other perks and think about the children!!! Enough is enough - this citizen votes HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    We, the citizens of Lackawanna, are being asked, and in some cases down-right hounded, to vote on a budget. WHY would any of us vote 'yes' on a budget that is sending the entire School Board, including respective spouses, to Jamaica in April for so-called 'meetings'???
    Why Jamaica? Is there a special educational institute there?

Lackawanna does NOT determine where the yearly meeting will be BUT they can decline attending...Let's see now 90+% of the children are on free or reduced lunches but the Board feels it is appropriate to go to Jamaica? TOO PATHETIC!!!!!! What a slap in the face for the families who struggle each day....

I sure hope the citizens show THEIR power again this year by saying NO to the May 2012 budget vote.

The children will NOT suffer!!!!! The adults will.......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The NYSSBA 93rd Annual Convention & Education Expo - Where Education and Innovation Meet

Join us in Rochester to network with your fellow educators and peers. Gain ideas and valuable insights that you can bring home to your schools. Learn more about the latest products and services that impact education.

You’ll be inspired by:
    Powerful Keynote Speakers
    Over 100 Educational Sessions
    Pre-Convention Workshops
    Special Networking Events
    Annual Business Meeting
    Over 160 Exhibits on the Expo Floor

June 1, 2012
    Registration starts for the October 25-27 conference...

You’ll gain the necessary information, tools and contacts to help your school district make more informed decisions and strategically plan for the future

Sure hope someone goes to this.....

I AM NOT FINDING ANYTHING ABOUT JAMAICA. THIS YEARS CONFERENCE IN APRIL IS IN BOSTON!
    Last edited by literal; March 17th, 2012 at 03:27 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

YOU ARE PATHETIC! You don't ever have the correct information, or are even close in the ball park! It is pathetic that you people would vote "NO" because you listen to such political incorrect people...The adults aren't suffering taking and PAYING for their own FAMILY vacations, the children are because uneducated retards start incorrect rumors about an absurd topic! GET A LIFE!

Vote no all you want. It will make NO difference. Till some of you parents get the guts to take your kids out of that mafia run broken system, you loose over and over again. I would not send a dead dog to any public school in the USA - NONE, let alone my children. They all teach we come from a rock and you need to be as dumb as a box of rocks to believe that.

Stinking criminals all of them..... stealing money from the people via the school property tax.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Whatever you say.....................FRIENDS!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    so what is the proper story? Jamaica? or Rochester? BIG difference...

Quote Originally Posted by lackawanna #1 View Post
    YOU ARE PATHETIC! You don't ever have the correct information, or are even close in the ball park! It is pathetic that you people would vote "NO" because you listen to such political incorrect people...The adults aren't suffering taking and PAYING for their own FAMILY vacations, the children are because uneducated retards start incorrect rumors about an absurd topic! GET A LIFE!
    Wow! Do you mean, NOT EVEN IN THE BALLPARK? Why is voting NO pathetic? Many of the residents of this fair city believe that we are already spending too much money since the Board always seems to find jobs for their family and friends. This spending consitutes a lifetime of expenditures at the taxpayers expense.

What are "political incorrrect people" did you mean politically? I am assuming that if someone doesn't agree with your warped view of the purpose of a School Board that it must be a politically driven view. Not so. People really care about a whole host of ideas and values that you may not share. Maybe the real uneducated retard is the person who tried to write the above post.

Quote Originally Posted by getalife123 View Post
    Maybe the real uneducated retard is the person who tried to write the above post.
    ... and those foolish enough to send their kids to institutes run by such.
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Post Yepper! Hop on Board!

Quote Originally Posted by bethpark12 View Post
    We, the citizens of Lackawanna, are being asked, and in some cases down-right hounded, to vote on a budget. WHY would any of us vote 'yes' on a budget that is sending the entire School Board, including respective spouses, to Jamaica in April for so-called 'meetings'??? WE WOULDN'T!!! I work for a highly profitable public company yet they don't send us to luxurious places for meetings - they cram us all into a conference room on-site and we are lucky if they provide coffee!!! WAKE UP dear School Board members, and smell what you are shoveling! I hope none of you think you will be re-elected - this Friends and Family thing must come to an end. Forego the FREE vacations and other perks and think about the children!!! Enough is enough - this citizen votes HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are definitely barking up the right tree bethpark! And I am so glad you can see the forest through the trees. You are soooo right, enough fakeness is enough!!
    I am sure they are going to the Caribbean on the own dime, not a school conference involved---THIS TIME........but indirectly I bet somewhere there is a patronage school paycheck footing the trip. Who cares where the go really.......................... Right?

The point is that the "family and friends" club once they get elected appears to care more about their own affairs/partying than properly managing the school district that they took an oath to serve and protect.
    If they maintained Truman School properly all these years maybe the remodel would be only $$ 2-3 mil instead of the $$$6.65mil + INTEREST, we have to vote on next week.
    Then they have the nerve to send us pictures of the scary wires hanging out and bricks lamely pointed! Again, What do ALL those maintenance/custodians maintain?!? Many districts have older buildings than Truman and they are kept up to speed.
    How did they pass Code Inspectors and State requirement mandates for safe schools? "The Children" would not even have a playground if the Teachers/Parents did not seek out private donations to get them one!
    Martin Road School curbs and sidewalks are already deteriorating.......do we plan on another BOND vote in 30-40 years to fix them?!?
    BTW: Why did the Board give all the CSEA employees off on Friday April 13th, 2012 when it was not in their contract? Maybe they are going to do the curbs and sidewalks at Martin Road built in 2003??!!

" For the Children "........I am so tired of hearing that fake campaign rhetoric! When someone in the club runs why don't they just come out and say the truth, "For my Husband-Wife-or kid "?!?

Waiting patiently for Business First school rankings.......

Maybe if you had maintained your property on Ridge Rd it wouldn't have been torn down.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by bethpark12 View Post
    So can anyone confirm where the meeting is? Is it Rochester or Jamaica?

And Bethpark12 is a liar.

NSBA’s 72nd Annual Conference in Boston

Date: April 21 - 23, 2012
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information