Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Village of depew is in violation of their own codes . All to protect big business.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyday77 View Post
    yes it is. why pay taxes to both town .and village when village does nothing.
    I would prefer to pay taxes only to the village! The village does nothing? Do you live in the village? If so, who picks up your garbage? Who provides your police coverage? Plowing? Roads? Sewer?

The village does nothing? NONSENSE!
    **free is a trademark of the current U.S. government.

Quote Originally Posted by mikenold View Post
    I would prefer to pay taxes only to the village! The village does nothing? Do you live in the village? If so, who picks up your garbage? Who provides your police coverage? Plowing? Roads? Sewer?

The village does nothing? NONSENSE!
    Yes i live in this village and Iam seeing something different then you are. police service is way better in cheektowaga . i never see depew cops in my area. they are only good for writing parking tickets. Wait tilll everyone gets their village tax bill. . nonsense show me how good the village is. they cant even enforce their own codes. why have laws and codes here no one has to follow them. the rich get off for not being responsible for their actions. you can have this village .

Quote Originally Posted by mikenold View Post
    gorja: The village of Depew will be approving the 2012-2013 budget on Monday at the regularly scheduled board meeting. The budget will be in compliance with the states 2% cap.
    Thank you.

Georgia L Schlager

Yes i live in this village and Iam seeing something different then you are. police service is way better in cheektowaga . i never see depew cops in my area. they are only good for writing parking tickets. Wait tilll everyone gets their village tax bill. . nonsense show me how good the village is. they cant even enforce their own codes. why have laws and codes here no one has to follow them. the rich get off for not being responsible for their actions. you can have this village .
    If you are receiving Cheektowaga police service then I don't believe that you reside in the village. Many people have a Depew mailing address and do not live in the village especially near Como and transit area.
    **free is a trademark of the current U.S. government.

I think you need to compare the tax bill from the village and the one from the town and see what you are getting for your money. Village tax includes police protection, fire dept, DPW (sewers and plowing), recreation dept etc... What do you get for town tax? nothing..... the towns are the criminals and use the villages as cash cows and just put the money in their general fund

Quote Originally Posted by Scott4 View Post
    I think you need to compare the tax bill from the village and the one from the town and see what you are getting for your money. Village tax includes police protection, fire dept, DPW (sewers and plowing), recreation dept etc... What do you get for town tax? nothing..... the towns are the criminals and use the villages as cash cows and just put the money in their general fund
    then let the town take over all those services and make my area cheektowaga town and disolve the village. one tax is better then two

then let the town take over all those services and make my area cheektowaga town and disolve the village. one tax is better then two
    Have yo seen a town of Cheektowaga tax bill? Take a look at how much you would pay for police, fire and garbage. then see if you would like to dissolve the village. As an example the fire protection rate in cheek is $3.10 per $1,000 and in Depew you pay under $0.20 per $1,000.

update .since i first posted this thred. I did what the former village code inspector told me to do, becuse the village said they could not do anymore enforcement on village code and the village court could not do anything more but fine the business. The depew court let the business plead no contest in this matter. and said they could not do anything more for me to en force the village code , The the code enforcement officer said that i would have to take the matter to supreem court and hire a lawyer. So i spent money and hired a lawyer to help me get the business to follow the code of the village of Depew and correct the problem which is a violation. NOW THE LOVELY vILLAGE IS TRYING TO PROTECT THE BUSINESS BY SAYING THEIRS NO CODE ON RECORD ANYMORE WE GOT RID OF IT. THATS BS BECAUSE ITS ALSO A STATE CODE AND I AM READING IT NOW ON THE VILLAGE WEBSITE. WHY IS THIS VILLAGE PROTECTING BIG BUSINESS. Again this seems corrupt. The rite of the village is to protect the residents. I cant believe they will give a lawyer the runaround. They need to be on my side in this matter .

Quote Originally Posted by vietnam1967 View Post
    update .since i first posted this thred. I did what the former village code inspector told me to do, becuse the village said they could not do anymore enforcement on village code and the village court could not do anything more but fine the business. The depew court let the business plead no contest in this matter. and said they could not do anything more for me to en force the village code , The the code enforcement officer said that i would have to take the matter to supreem court and hire a lawyer. So i spent money and hired a lawyer to help me get the business to follow the code of the village of Depew and correct the problem which is a violation. NOW THE LOVELY vILLAGE IS TRYING TO PROTECT THE BUSINESS BY SAYING THEIRS NO CODE ON RECORD ANYMORE WE GOT RID OF IT. THATS BS BECAUSE ITS ALSO A STATE CODE AND I AM READING IT NOW ON THE VILLAGE WEBSITE. WHY IS THIS VILLAGE PROTECTING BIG BUSINESS. Again this seems corrupt. The rite of the village is to protect the residents. I cant believe they will give a lawyer the runaround. They need to be on my side in this matter .
    I'm glad to see you hired a lawyer. But, if your lawyer is a good one (and I'm sure he is,) he won't let the Village give him "the runaround."

Secondly, when you say "The depew court let the business plead no contest in this matter," you need to understand how the legal system works. They can't prevent a defendant from pleading a certain way. If you ever find yourself on the wrong end of an unjust lawsuit, you will learn to appreciate the system.

Finally, with all due respect, you need to get rid of the "They need to be on my side in this matter" attitude. It's not their job to necessarily side with you. Like you, the restaurant is a tax payer, and should afforded the same rights as you.

The resturant has rights, but they dont have the rite to be in violation of the village code. They were given citations to fix the problem. If i were as a resident doing something thatis agaist the village code .I would be fined and be responisble for the issue. The point is that now that i have legal counsel to address this issue in a higher court , why is the village trying to stop me from doing so, by not giving me the ok to move forward. They are the ones who told me need a lawyer because they couldnt persue it any further in their court system. Its costing me out of pocket money to fight a big business. So when you say i have they need to be on my side attitude, I disagree. the village adminstrater, code enforcement knew well about the issue and agreed they were in violation, and agreed something should be done. Yes the business pays taxes but so do I. Just be responsible for ones actions.

;( simple solution, make the business correct the problem enforce the code.

Vietnam 1967 ,so you payed a lawyer to help you resolve this issue and he draged it out for a year and made you spend money . To fail getting anything done again in this matter.The system is not working to protect you and fight for you even when your paying them. All the comments on telling you you need a lawyer to eforce the village codes and it didnt work, I guess its hard fighting millionaires their pockets are deep. I feel the officials are blowing you off and this matter , becuase you have taken every step possible to address this issue and nothing ever got done.

Vietnam 1967 ,so you payed a lawyer to help you resolve this issue and he draged it out for a year and made you spend money . To fail getting anything done again in this matter.The system is not working to protect you and fight for you even when your paying them. All the comments on telling you you need a lawyer to eforce the village codes and it didnt work, I guess its hard fighting millionaires their pockets are deep. I feel the officials are blowing you off and this matter , becuase you have taken every step possible to address this issue and nothing ever got done.
    I do feel everyone is agaisnt me in the village, county, and state. because I was confronted by walking in my neighborhood this past summer and i was aked how did everything work out with my petition that I got with 163 signatures from my neighbors , for this issue I told them not too good, This person then told me that the officials in the town county and state gov. were told not to help me in this matter. It seems to me this is corrupt. Or is it that Iam a vietnam veteran.

The POLITICIANS, NEED TO START HELPING THE MIDDLE CLASS,AND STOP BLOWING OFF THE ISSUES THAT WE HAVE. ITS ALL ABOUT HELPING AND PROTECTING THE RICH. I CANNOT AFFORD THE FIGHT THE BIG MONEY BUSINESS, WHO IS THEIR TO HELP ME. SOMEONE NEEDS TO FIGHT FOR THE LITTLE GUY.

What is this MIDDLE CLASS you speak of.... classing people at all is... well... CLASSLESS! and also foolish!
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread Information