Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Village of depew is in violation of their own codes . All to protect big business.

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    Mike wrote : "Where did I ever deny knowing or being involved with Joe Cippola?
    Is that not saying you've been associated with him ?
    Yes

Is there something wrong with him collecting a tax funded paycheck?
    Is that not a admission/acknowledgement that a wealthy local developer - was also a tax funded employee ? Also you didn't mention he held multiple titles and positions !
    No, I asked what would be wrong with him doing so!

Is there something wrong with him contributing to committees, campaigns or participating in endorsement deals?
    So, your saying a wealthy developer also contributed to the campaigns, committees and arranged endorsements for some of the vary same people who were responsible for hiring him - the same people who helped arrange rezones for him ! And you see nothing wrong with that -?
    No, I asked you what was wrong with that!

Is there something wrong with him running/organizing/funding minor parties?
    You admitted what many know - now you try and back track and deny you wrote it ! And again you see no conflict of interests and could your defense of these actions have any thing to do with him getting you endorsed or helping out your campaign and party ?
    No I asked what was wrong with that!

You seem to have some sort of a twisted sense of what is right and wrong! Is everything a conspiracy to you?
    I could say you have a twisted sense of right and wrong - if it helps you - if it helps him - you believe its OK !

You can say anything you want. It doesn't make it true!

I don't believe collusion and Political manipulation is just a game - its manipulation for personal gain ! But I am sure you believe its all just part of the game !
    I see that you do not have any evidence of corruption in the Village of Depew. But I already knew that.

So what part of what you wrote(in blue) did I misunderstand ?
    I would have to say, most of it and it is quite obvious.
    **free is a trademark of the current U.S. government.

Look - you have already acknowledged the control/influence and involvement this developer has on local Politics.

That fact alone shows money and personal agenda is intertwined with Politics. If that same person or others of like minds can and do the same - how can there not be collusion and favoritism ? Its a natural fact !

You never fully answer anything - like how many positions Mr.Cippola has actually held - or why he feels the need to inject himself into this issues you dance around and claim I have no proof. I personally don't have to identify any one incident - its obvious to many this is way bigger than just one action or deed.

You can try and focus this on me - but I am not alone - I am but one of many who see's how our system has been corrupted.

If you can't or refuse to see it - your in need of a reality check. You have apparently learned to accept this as the norm - what does that say about you ?

When any person or group can influence committees, campaigns, endorsements, elections and ultimately many elected and appointed officials for personal gain - that's a corrupt system.

You can say I have no proof - the tax funded proof is every where - tax funded patronage - tax funded nepotism - tax funded jobs for party controllers - appointments to tax funded committees - zoning decisions made favorable to those same players.

And in this case (KFC) codes changed or dropped to protect a business. Removing a code meant to protect our residents and environment in order to remove the enforcement and leave affected residents defenseless. - That's corruption
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

You never fully answer anything - like how many positions Mr.Cippola has actually held - or why he feels the need to inject himself into this issues you dance around and claim I have no proof. I personally don't have to identify any one incident - its obvious to many this is way bigger than just one action or deed.
    I do not know nor care what or how many positions that Joe has held. If you want the answer then ask him. I have only been a trustee for about 3 1/2 years.

You can try and focus this on me - but I am not alone - I am but one of many who see's how our system has been corrupted.
    I have not seen any in my tenure there. Please be specific and I will look in to it.

If you can't or refuse to see it - your in need of a reality check. You have apparently learned to accept this as the norm - what does that say about you ?
    What exactly have I accepted as the norm? I honestly have no idea what you are talking about.

When any person or group can influence committees, campaigns, endorsements, elections and ultimately many elected and appointed officials for personal gain - that's a corrupt system.

No person has influenced me for personal gain. If you know of any please point it out for me.

You can say I have no proof - the tax funded proof is every where - tax funded patronage - tax funded nepotism - tax funded jobs for party controllers - appointments to tax funded committees - zoning decisions made favorable to those same players.
    Where exactly is the tax funded proof that you speak of. There has been no patronage at all since I have been there. Show me the nepotism and jobs for party controllers! People are appointed to committees all the time. Should the committees go without any members? Zoning decisions are not and cannot be influenced by board members as it is illegal. If you don't like a zoning decision you have to take it up with the state as they are the final authority on zoning issues. Give me examples and name names or stop talking about fictitious corruption!

And in this case (KFC) codes changed or dropped to protect a business. Removing a code meant to protect our residents and environment in order to remove the enforcement and leave affected residents defenseless. - That's corruption
    The issue with KFC happened before I took office however, from what I have been able to gather, the village, state, DEC and other governmental agencies have looked in to this and KFC is within the codes of these agencies. The bottom line is that you can't just order a business to close because a homeowner doesn't like the smell of the food they cook. The only recourse is for the homeowner to move away. Why do you think that no one has been able to help this gentleman? Oh, and please don't just say that all of these agencies are corrupt. If that is the case then his only recourse is still moving away. Have someone drive you around blindfolded and you will be able to smell every restaurant that you pass by. Should all of the food restaurants in America be closed because you can smell what they cook?

Cool

Can I turn off the music now -

The code in the Village was dropped but again you for got that point

Everyone has looked over this and without that local code - game over.

OH - thanks for your time it was fun watching you dance - (music fades - everyone goes home) - BYE BYE !

Almost forget - isn't that what Councilman Stempniak says, "If they don't like what we do - they can vote with their feet" !

Can I turn off the music now -

The code in the Village was dropped but again you for got that point

Everyone has looked over this and without that local code - game over.

OH - thanks for your time it was fun watching you dance - (music fades - everyone goes home) - BYE BYE !

Almost forget - isn't that what Councilman Stempniak says, "If they don't like what we do - they can vote with their feet" !
    I know what you mean. Everyone should do as you say. Even if you don't have a clue. It is easy to make accusations but you seem to have a real problem backing them up. No music necessary. The game is over.

Its much easier to take the conforming road - go for the ride - eat from the table of your sponsors. You can feel secure - for now - that your endorsement has been secured - for now ! That's on you, its your life - live happily with blinders on - be the mule that leads the wagon train - you'll be OK. If that's your measure of success - you've made it.

But don't stray one step - excuse your inactions - don't miss one vote - do the "right thing for your friends" and you will be safe.

Make one stand that waivers from the agenda - be honest once to often - act for the good of taxpayers and you will be shunned. What then -

You need to be elected - don't ever forget that !

To quote another past official, "We serve those who support us"

Its much easier to take the conforming road - go for the ride - eat from the table of your sponsors. You can feel secure - for now - that your endorsement has been secured - for now ! That's on you, its your life - live happily with blinders on - be the mule that leads the wagon train - you'll be OK. If that's your measure of success - you've made it.

But don't stray one step - excuse your inactions - don't miss one vote - do the "right thing for your friends" and you will be safe.

Make one stand that waivers from the agenda - be honest once to often - act for the good of taxpayers and you will be shunned. What then -

You need to be elected - don't ever forget that !

To quote another past official, "We serve those who support us"
    Haha! You really are quite a pip!

The past councilmembers wanted to remove the code relating to this issues - after hearing about the neighbors complaints - lets now imagine you were on the Board at that time - how would you have voted yes or no ?

Could you just answer that ? Come on Mike - answer - if you dare !

Quote Originally Posted by mikenold View Post
    I do not know nor care what or how many positions that Joe has held. If you want the answer then ask him. I have only been a trustee for about 3 1/2 years

( So if you were not in office when the KFC issue took place . how can you comment. Do you know the story or what the Village was doing for the resident at the time. The Village agreed they were in violation of the village code on air pollution, They were in violation and fined several times by the Village . The Village administrator and DEC stated their was a issue . they even went on the roof of the business. The DEC made them put those stacks over the vents to see if that would help, Then again agreed they didnt work. The DEC Al Zelinski said it was up to the Village of Depew to enforce the code. Not just fine the business 250.00 and walk away. The State code enforcement also agreed their is a issue and some hanky panky in the village. So dont say the business is in the code, because their is no code. The Village board eliminated it because they were the ones responsible to enforce it . Their were other officials to back up this issue Dennis Gaberzack office. Sentator Tim Kennedy office . 167 neighbors . The Fact is the Village is protecting KFC , not the residents , Must be free Chicken. I seen Joe C eating their . The fact is the Village dropped the code and told the resident to go get a lawyer and fight it your self. Nice . Now you say tell the guy to move . I think not he has a beautiful home and lots of money invested in it . 100% disabled Vietnam veteran

The issue with KFC happened before I took office however, from what I have been able to gather, the village, state, DEC and other governmental agencies have looked in to this and KFC is within the codes of these agencies. The bottom line is that you can't just order a business to close because a homeowner doesn't like the smell of the food they cook. The only recourse is for the homeowner to move away. Why do you think that no one has been able to help this gentleman? Oh, and please don't just say that all of these agencies are corrupt. If that is the case then his only recourse is still moving away. Have someone drive you around blindfolded and you will be able to smell every restaurant that you pass by. Should all of the food restaurants in America be closed because you can smell what they cook?
    thats the fact

Question

That's one "Political version" of the facts - heres another:

There was a code/law on the books in Depew to protect air quality and emissions from businesses.

A wealthy - politically connected - party and candidate financier - patronage benefactor buys into a business.

Neighbors complain of smells from said business - it goes to court and the business is found guilty and fined for violationg that code/law. The code/law stated the fine should be $250. a day until corrective action is taken.

The owner is fined for only one day - $250.00.

The smells continue - the neighbors continue to complain to the Board members and ask for help from their elected officials.

Instead of helping taxpayers - the local officials draft a resolution to remove said code/law. This leaves the residents with no further recourse or hope of enforcement.

The wealthy developer can now safely thumb his nose at residents. Politicians claim they are unable to act any further because code/law was removed - by them !

Current officials claim there's no longer anything they nor the residents can do - they no longer have any recourse and the residents should move if the smell annoys them.

How is this not a blatant act of collusion - how is this not a orchestrated effort to act for the party controller/developer/endorsement controller who actually finances and supports these same Party Playin Politicians and owns the buisness ?

"thats the fact"

Taking your time on this one - are you consulting before you answer or are you going to avoid it _ - The past councilmembers wanted to remove the code relating to this issue - after hearing about the neighbors complaints - lets now imagine you were on the Board at that time - how would you have voted yes or no ?

Last edited by 4248; October 3rd, 2014 at 11:32 AM.

Against my better judgment to reply to Dick Zero4248, but,...

Rick,
    You do not need to refer to me as "joe c" please feel free to spell my name completely, I do not hide from my actions.

If I am reading these posts correctly, it seems you are trying to imply I was in some way involved with KFC. I am in NO way whatsoever involved with KFC! I do NOT have any relationship with them at all. I do not recall even eating at any KFC in the last 30 years (I may have as a child)! I have gone through the drive-thru at this particular KFC a few weeks ago but that was just to listen to the loud speaker volume. (The food I purchased was given to a contractor working outside (I don't like KFC).

It is true I have held positions in Depew:

Administrative Assistant to the Mayor at an annual salary of $1.00 (one dollar per year). And

Community Block Grant Coordinator at an annual salary of $6,000 per year. I guess you could see this as a lot of money; however, all of my duties were conducted from my business office, on my time, with my supplies, and my support staff. Every phone call, email, fax, picture, copy, letter, meeting done at my expense NOT the taxpayer! Every document I produced or received was delivered in duplicate to Village Hall for their permanent records. The result of my efforts was an unprecedented MILLIONS of dollars in grants to Depew! This is a source of extreme pride to me and will likely never be achieved in Depew again. Incidentally, I tried to refuse the pay for this as well but we were informed it was a federal requirement.

I do not recall Depew ever providing me any re-zoning and we have not developed anything in Depew in 20 years at least. If you are referring to the Town of Lancaster, it is common knowledge among the Town government that our company has been held to HIGHER standards than anyone! We even had to sue the Town to reverse a code change they enacted specifically to harm us!

I do not hide from any of your baseless allegations and the evidence of all I do is fully documented in the records of the Village and the Town.

I assume most people reading your trash realize you are full of it but for those who may be swayed by your nonsense allegations, I suggest they need only open a file in Village or Town Hall and the truth will be staring them in the face.

As for the current object of your attacks, Trustee Mike Nolder, he is among the most honest, passionate fighters for the taxpayers I have met. The exact opposite of you!

That's funny - employees at the KFC said you recently were actually on the roof of that building ! Maybe they lied - but why would they - I don't know ?

Didn't you also inject yourself into this when you called one of the concerned neighbors and visited him - what's that all about if you have no stake in this issue ? Maybe they lied too ?

Didn't you also have a roll in the DPW - to the point of engagement in hiring and firing workers - or was that another lie told by past employees too ?

I have nothing against Mike - don't even know what he looks like -

I did ask him a question: "The past councilmembers wanted to remove the code relating to this issue - after hearing about the neighbors complaints - lets now imagine you were on the Board at that time - how would you have voted yes or no ?

That's when he stopped responding and you came out swinging and insulting ! Everyone knows the games you've played - you tried to sue me once - didn't work because I speak truth ! What ever happened to your head line grabbing 6 Million dollar law suit against me - did you make a deal with past Supervisor B.Giza so you could get paid ? One I had no knowledge of until it was over with - gee the Bufnews didn't report that part - but you did get your headlines.

What about when I received the Conservative endorsement - I never even attended the endorsement meeting - I was in Florida. When I wrote a letter rejecting the endorsement to Vince Fritton and you - you had him say the endorsement was rescinded because of misinformation provided during my interview - the one that never happened.

I have no respect for you what so ever.

If you say you "respect" someone - that person should not be trusted.

Ok Dick, let me give you some facts:

I don't ever even go on my own property roofs, I certainly did not go on to KFC's

I did contact the neighbor and offered to assist him because I felt bad he has been struggling with this for so long and because he is a veteran deserving of assistance. I made it perfectly clear my efforts had nothing to do with any government or political party. I just felt compelled to look into this for him. I am currently trying to formulate a mitigation for this issue; I suppose you would do nothing to help a neighbor.

Other than what has been written here, I have no idea what this code change is about; I wasn't there, wasn't consulted, and didn't vote on it.

I am confident some people give serious consideration to my suggestions and opinions; however, I have NEVER had the authority to hire government employees.

It is true I sued you over slanderous comments, it is true I agreed to settle the suit. The reason I chose not to pursue it was the Town and Town's insurance company stepped in and were going to have to pay for your big dumb mouth. I had no interest in financial gain and certainly was not going to penalize the taxpaying residents for your stupidity!

As you well know, Mr Fritton was the Conservative Chairman who endorsed you; you and he had several discussions AND he spoke to you on the phone at the endorsement meeting. It was entirely his decision to allow you to be endorsed without attending; as I recall, you were travelling with family at the time.

Did I miss anything ? If so, too bad. You are a cancer in this community and I am done with you.
    Have a nice day

You are such a nice guy - you claim you jumped into the KFC issue after all these years to help a Veteran. Yet you didn't help him at all.
    I guess the employees lied about you being there !

You claim. "I am currently trying to formulate a mitigation for this issue;" - how would you do that if you have no influence over the owners or the local Government - unless you out of the goodness of your heart feel you could afford to pay the mitigation cost - you know because you feel so "compelled to help".

You can twist and fabricate all you want - Mr.Fritton never talked to me personally without you being present. He never spoke with me when I was on vacation - you/he made that up.

I guess your just a misunderstood developer who likes to hang around with convicts, thugs and Politicians. But then again, I guess that would just show you like to help out those who have fallen on hard times.

I guess when a member of your party/group confronts and threatens me in public at restaurant opening - while you stand by and watch - that too is just your way of welcoming me. You know, when your friend warned me to not talk about your friend Mr.Socha of the Lancaster planning Board - because he is your friend !

There were at least three corrections officers with me who witnessed this event and you being with the person before and after the incident when he attempted to intimidate me.

I could care less about what twisted reasoning you use for your actions - your a manipulative spoiled developer. If people choose to be under your influence - that's on them.

I rejected the Conservative Endorsement mainly because you control it. You personally were present at every endorsement meeting - witnessed by many.

Its funny how when corruption is brought up - your brought up - Mike jumps up defending you and himself - then you jump out trying to belittle me and defend him. I guess that's just what friends do !

Your such a misunderstood community benefactor - sorry if I misunderstood your actions.

Last point - you, aided by Supervisor B.Giza and Town Attorney Sherwood made a deal with Lancaster's insurance company - the same company you knew would have to pay when you bring suit against any Elected Official. You settled for $10,000.00 which was because you sought $6Miilion and had no case - I spoke the truth then and now - you continue to twist and lie.

But then again you do so much for our election process - I guess we should all be grateful !
    Last edited by 4248; October 5th, 2014 at 12:05 PM.

we need to get rid of the Village dissolve it .

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread Information