Thread: 2012 Lackawanna City Council Agendas/Business

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post 2012 Lackawanna City Council Agendas/Business

CITIZENS WISHING TO PLACE AN ITEM ON THE CITY COUNCIL'S AGENDA SHALL SUBMIT THEIR CONCERNS/COMPLAINTS IN LETTER FORM, SIGNED AND FORWARDED TO THE CITY CLERK'S OFFICE VIA CERTIFIED LETTER OR IN PERON BEFORE 12:00 NOON THE WEDNESDAY PRIOR TO THE COUNCIL MEETING. AFTER REVIEW BY THE CITY COUNCIL, AND DEEMED APPROPRIATE, IT WILL BE ENTERED INTO THE COUNCIL AGENDA.
    AGENDA

Reorganizational/Council Meeting
    Council Chambers

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Meeting called to order/Pledge of Allegiance
    NB: Meeting being recorded.
    Roll Call: Council: Noman, ________, Kulczyk, Lewis, Pirowski
    Hearings from Citizens:

Communications from the Mayor:

1. Mayor Szymanski - advises Council of his resignation in position of 2 nd Ward Council Member.

Mayor Szymanski issues the following executive orders:

2. Executive Order #1 – Appointment of Norman A. LeBlanc as City Attorney.

3. Executive Order #2 – Appointment of Thomas N. Love as Public Works Commissioner.

4. Executive Order #3 – Appointment of Dana Britton as Public Safety Director.

5. Executive Order #4 – Appointment of Angelo Iafallo as Parks & Recreation Director.

6. Executive Order #5 – Appointment of Ralph Miranda as Director of Development.

7. Executive Order #6 – Appointment of Maureen Gambino as Confidential Secretary to the Mayor

Communication from the Council:

8. Council President Pirowski – requests voting order be as follows: 1 st ward, 2 nd ward, 3 rd ward, 4 th ward, Council President.

9. Council President Pirowski – submits the following resolutions for Council approval:

Resolution # ___, 2012 – Appointment of 2 nd Ward Council Member

Resolution # , 2012 – Appointment of City Clerk

Resolution # , 2012 – Appointment of Council Member Noman as Council President Pro-Tempore.

Resolution # 2012 – Designation of City Council Meeting dates for the year 2012.

Resolution # , 2012 – Appointment of Council Clerk/Deputy Clerk

Resolution # , 2012 – Designation of Front Page Newspaper as official newspaper of the city.

Communications from Department/Division Heads:

10. City Attorney – seeks Council approval of settlement of $3,000 to Michael Abert for a law suit involving a fall due from the result of walking on Ridge Road when city snow plow covered sidewalk.

************************************************** ************************************************** *******************************

The Eagle has landed.

Talking " The Eagle Has Landed "

Quote Originally Posted by andreahaxton View Post
    CITIZENS WISHING TO PLACE AN ITEM ON THE CITY COUNCIL'S AGENDA SHALL SUBMIT THEIR CONCERNS/COMPLAINTS IN LETTER FORM, SIGNED AND FORWARDED TO THE CITY CLERK'S OFFICE VIA CERTIFIED LETTER OR IN PERON BEFORE 12:00 NOON THE WEDNESDAY PRIOR TO THE COUNCIL MEETING. AFTER REVIEW BY THE CITY COUNCIL, AND DEEMED APPROPRIATE, IT WILL BE ENTERED INTO THE COUNCIL AGENDA.
    AGENDA

Reorganizational/Council Meeting
    Council Chambers

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Meeting called to order/Pledge of Allegiance
    NB: Meeting being recorded.
    Roll Call: Council: Noman, ________, Kulczyk, Lewis, Pirowski
    Hearings from Citizens:

Communications from the Mayor:

1. Mayor Szymanski - advises Council of his resignation in position of 2 nd Ward Council Member.

Mayor Szymanski issues the following executive orders:

2. Executive Order #1 – Appointment of Norman A. LeBlanc as City Attorney.

3. Executive Order #2 – Appointment of Thomas N. Love as Public Works Commissioner.

4. Executive Order #3 – Appointment of Dana Britton as Public Safety Director.

5. Executive Order #4 – Appointment of Angelo Iafallo as Parks & Recreation Director.

6. Executive Order #5 – Appointment of Ralph Miranda as Director of Development.

7. Executive Order #6 – Appointment of Maureen Gambino as Confidential Secretary to the Mayor

Communication from the Council:

8. Council President Pirowski – requests voting order be as follows: 1 st ward, 2 nd ward, 3 rd ward, 4 th ward, Council President.

9. Council President Pirowski – submits the following resolutions for Council approval:

Resolution # ___, 2012 – Appointment of 2 nd Ward Council Member

Resolution # , 2012 – Appointment of City Clerk

Resolution # , 2012 – Appointment of Council Member Noman as Council President Pro-Tempore.

Resolution # 2012 – Designation of City Council Meeting dates for the year 2012.

Resolution # , 2012 – Appointment of Council Clerk/Deputy Clerk

Resolution # , 2012 – Designation of Front Page Newspaper as official newspaper of the city.

Communications from Department/Division Heads:

10. City Attorney – seeks Council approval of settlement of $3,000 to Michael Abert for a law suit involving a fall due from the result of walking on Ridge Road when city snow plow covered sidewalk.

************************************************** ************************************************** *******************************

The Eagle has landed.
    URBAN Dictionary: The Eagle has Landed
    part of speech: idiom

Originally used by Neil Armstrong when the first man-made craft (the "Eagle") landed on the moon, now used to indicate the completion of a "mission objective".

1. Neil Armstrong: Houston, the Eagle has landed.

2. Criminal #1: Are you inside?
    Criminal #2: The Eagle has landed.

3. Jim: So, did you sleep with Allison yet?
    Tim: Dude, the Eagle has landed.

1. Lackawanna, the Eagle has landed.
    2. Hope of Change flickering?
    3. What do you think the Council Members VOTES on the submitted Council meeting agenda items will be?

Folks, THEY represent YOUR voice in LA City Hall.......It is YOUR Civic Duty to call them personally, email them, go to Swearing-in at Senior Center at noon tomorrow to discuss in person, OR attend Tuesday Council meeting and stand up publicly to share your opinion on what Lackawanna City Resolutions/LAWS they are about to make for you. If you want to that is.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Is the process of putting items on an agenda the same for any town in Erie County?

Andrea, looking at the agenda #7 appt. M. Gambino, Personal Secretary ?????????? If Geoff expects personal matters to be confidential this is not a wise choice.

Executive Order#2 is a continuation of a disaster. Look at all the infrastructure problems under this guy. The man without a plan. This isn't a wise choice either.

Talking ?????????

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Is the process of putting items on an agenda the same for any town in Erie County?
    I don't know the answer to that........I do know the processes most likely parallel Lackawanna's in some manner or another. Each community votes in their own process for the way agenda items are put on their City/Town meeting..........Once all accepted Agenda Items are printed, during a meeting a Council-member/Alderman has the right (only if they follow Robert's Rules I think, but??---I am not sure on this one) to ask for the floor to challenge an item they disagree with----then ask for a vote to "Wave The Rules" ----and introduce a new/alternative agenda item vote for whatever.
    Ex.
    Lackawanna City Council Agenda item to approve say the Mayors " Confidential " Secretary tomorrow night could be challenged before they read that item by ANY Council-member who can then submit another candidates name and force a vote for the person they would rather see in the position.
    1. Ask for a VOTE to waive the rules......if they do not get a second, their motion fails to open up a new item. The original agenda item is then read by the City Clerk to the Council-members is now on the floor. It can then pass or fail, so if they have the moxie to say NO to the printed agenda item..... again at this point another name can be submitted from the floor for a Council VOTE..........if they dare.

Actually, does anybody-anywhere play by the rules when it comes to politics?

Talking We were told "change" has now begun in LA.

The " transition " of POWER seemed to have gone well at the swearing-in ceremony yesterday at the LA Senior Center. I am guessing appr. 150 people....standing room only, and lots of Hank P. fans clapping loudly for him. I can admit I did like to see the younger generation involved now in Lackawanna governmental administration. I hope their educated/goal-minded-visionary minds are the fit we have been pushing along for a very long time. I was 35 when I started out myself come to think of it, how time flies when you are having fun! HaHa. Lost my job.......Arrested 2x......MAJOR character assassinations---Public Humilation, etc. because I speak the truth about what they say/do and what they do not do for us. I sincerely have hope in the the new-comers, plan to be positive and offer any assistance I can give to the governmental powers now running LA.

I thought ALL of the Council-members would be present, but was surprised to see not all showed.
    They had cookies and punch out for the crowd which was very nice and then they left to go on to Curlys'.

I saw a couple downers yesterday but the biggest to me was when someone said........"how our now EX-Mayor SACRIFICIED the last 8 years of his life for Lackawanna". HOW? When he gave up his little puddle-jumper to his son in order to drive the new City-owned SUV around town for the past 4 years or so? Aw.....and ALL those free "business" lunches when his own family brown-bags it? Awww.....

Out with the old and IN with the NEW.....Happy New Year All!

I found it interesting that our new Mayor and councilmen all talked about "Moving the City forward" while at the same time thanking and praising the outgoing mayor. It seemed like back handed compliments because it sure seemed like they acknowledged having a lot of work ahead of them, which shouldn't be the case if such a good job was done.

Can't decide if it was a lot of B.S. or if they were just "being polite."

Thread Information